Author Topic: 2014 TV Show Draft Showcase Thread  (Read 21436 times)

2014 TV Show Draft Showcase Thread
« on: October 14, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Thread guidelines:

This is the place where you showcase your show. Each Producer (GM) gets 1 single post. After that, it's up to you, excepting some small rules.

1) Show Title

2) Make sure you show all your picks with their respective roles (see reminder below for format and categories).

3) A description of your vision. Can be as short/long as you want. Can feature pictures, youtube vids, music, actual fireworks, Dan Cortez, whatever.

4) Not whatver. You cannot post sexually explicit images, or really anything sexual. And keep the curse words to a minimum.

Sample Presentation (And this is like, bare-bones. Don't be afraid to get creative):

Show: Band On The Run (For Vengance)

Protagonist: Archer, Archer
Love Interest: Lana, Archer
Funny Guy: Carl, Aqua Team Hunger Force
Best Friend: Nathan Explosion, Metalocalypse
Badass: Brock, Venture Brothers
Mentor: General Hunter Gathers, Venture Brothers
Wildcard: William Murderface, Metalocalypse
Primary Villian: Killface, Frisky Dingo
Secondary Villian: Kenny Loggins, Archer

Show Description: Archer is sent deep undercover to foil a terrorist plot as Dethklock's manager. Killface has appeared as Dethklock's new spiritual guru and has gotten Nathan Explosion into Tuvan Throat Singing. But Killface belives that if he uses that weird Tuvan throat singing to get the entire world to echo certain notes he can summon HP Lovecraft's Cthulu to devour the world. Kenny Loggins is trying to kill Dethklock because he believes they're the reason his new single never landed. Lana is having a lot of fun being a groupie and is very Almost Famous about it, driving Archer insane. Brock is a roadie, and Hunter Gathers is like a Deadhead following the band.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: 2014 TV Show Draft Showcase Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 02:55:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
when's it due?  probably won't have anything until tomorrow.  have some thoughts but still stringing some connectivity through the cast.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 04:12:56 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Here's my show. Apologies for the length, I got a little carried away.

Lead: Sam Axe (Bruce Campbell)
Love Interest: CJ Cregg (Allison Janney)
Funny Person: David Addison, Jr. (Bruce Willis)
Best Friend: Cordell Walker, Texas Ranger (Chuck Norris)
Badass: Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner)
Mentor: Thomas Magnum (Tom Selleck)
Wildcard: Buffy Summers, the Slayer (Sarah Michelle Gellar)
Primary Antagonist: Skeletor (cartoon, voiced by Alan Oppenheimer)
Secondary Antagonist: Wo Fat (Mark Dacascos)
Theme Song: "Hair of the Dog," Nazareth

Working Title: Magnum Force (until Clint Eastwood's lawyers force a name change to A.X.E. vs. Evil)

Premise:

With a new, Republican presidential administration, CJ Cregg has left the White House. Still interested in politics, she establishes residency in Hawaii in time to run for, and win, the Governorship.

Her term is immediately plagued by a spike in crime, nearly all of which is either indirectly financed or perpetrated by rising crime lord Wo Fat, who controls all drug and black market trade that passes through Hawaii, thanks to his extensive network of contacts within the criminal syndicates on the Chinese, Japanese, and U.S. mainlands. Local police are either ineffectual, spread too thin, or on the take from Wo Fat, who remains elusive.

Stymied, Governor Cregg reaches out to one of Hawaii's most respected private citizens, Thomas Magnum, as a special consultant to find new--and perhaps unorthodox--ways to combat Wo Fat's influence. Retired from active duty, Magnum uses his significant expertise and wealth (having inherited the Robin's Nest and the surrounding estate from the now deceased Robin Masters) to assemble a team of crime-fighters for Governor Cregg.

Looking to make a fresh start on his own, Magnum's old friend and fellow ex-Navy Seal Sam Axe jumps at the chance to trade Miami sunshine and mojitos for Hawaiian sunshine and pina coladas. (Sam is unaware that old flame and ex-wife CJ will serve as his eventual boss, a prospect that causes no small consternation for Axe throughout Season One.) On a brief stopover in L.A., Axe reconnects with drinking buddy David Addison, whose own prospects to run a private detective agency have hit a recent rough patch. After some coaxing, and many beers, Addison decides to partner up with Axe in Hawaii. Meanwhile, Magnum also reaches out to Texas lawman Cordell Walker, whose crime-fighting efforts in the Lone Star State have not gone unnoticed.

During Season One, Axe, Addison, and Walker, thanks in no small part to Magnum's resources and expertise, manage to help citizens find justice--or retribution--for crimes suffered: extortioners, kidnappers, thieves and other criminals are all brought to heel (in some cases, literally). But Wo Fat always remains just out of reach.

During this time, Wo Fat's tastes for material wealth extend to objects of antiquity procured via his black market contacts. His most recent acquisition, a gift from the Japanese yakuza, is the Maka pokani (the Eye of Darkness), an oblong piece of highly burnished volcanic obsidian. The earliest inhabitants of Hawaii believed the Maka pokani could imbue its owner with the power to see and even influence events and people across great distances.

Soon thereafter (midway through Season One), a rare astrological event triggers the opening of a portal in time and space that allows Skeletor, from his lair on Eternia, to communicate with Wo Fat through the Maka pokani. Skeletor insinuates himself into the consciousness of Wo Fat, manipulating him to seek out other ancient artefacts in order to gain additional power, some of which Wo Fat transfers onto his henchmen, transforming them into bestial parodies of humanity called xenomorphs. Skeletor's endgame is to use the combined powers of these ancient artefacts to travel physically through the portal and subjugate Earth.

Magnum and his team soon discover that the once-petty criminals plaguing the islands have now been replaced by the much more sinister threat posed by Skeletor/Wo Fat and his xenomorphs. Governor Cregg reaches out to those of her old contacts that are still placed within the federal government to identify additional help against this rising threat.

That help arrives in the form of former CIA member Sydney Bristow, no stranger to fighting megalomaniacs bent on acquiring objects of occult power. Coinciding with Sydney's arrival, Buffy Summers shows up at the Robin's Nest not knowing exactly why she's there--only that there is evil for the Slayer to fight once more.

Magnum and his team of wise-cracking ass-kickers are the only salvation against a growing tide of evil that threatens to enslave Earth. Will Wo Fat be stopped? Can Skeletor's insidious presence be banished back to Eternia? Will Sam and CJ rekindle old memories of love? How many one-liners can we fit into a 60-minute primetime slot? Tune in and find out.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 04:19:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
For Your Consideration: Selected Scenes from the Soon-to-be Critically Acclaimed 10 episode Miniseries Event:

True Detective, a Girl, and a Pizza Place

Protagonist: Rustin Cohle, True Detective
Love Interest: Beavis, Beavis and Butthead
Funny Guy: Woody Boyd, Cheers
Best Friend: Rita Morgan, Dexter
Badass: Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Mentor: David Bowie, Venture Brothers
Wildcard: Tina Belcher, Bob's Burgers
Primary Villain: God, South Park
Secondary Villain: Frank Reynolds, It's Always Sunny
Theme Song: Run On, by Johnny Cash, set to a montage of pizza-making.

Description: A year after the events of True Detective, Rustin Cohle is looking for a change - he's looking for an escape.  He decides to give up on sleuthing, settle down with his true love Beavis and open a pizzeria with longtime chum Rita Morgan and a wacky cast of co-workers and rivals.  But just when his life finally seems to be going right, things take a left turn for the Emmy-worthy.

Scenes:

Episode 1, Opening Scene

Cold Open: RUST and TOBIAS are walking down a dimly lit street toward the CHARCOALSA PIZZA FACTORY AND FUNATORIUM.

RUST:…and so, y’see, time…is like a flat pizza. And all of us - all of us - we’re just…gnawin desperately away at the edges, tryin to get to the middle, cuz we just KNOW there’s gotta be somethin, anything, better for us there.  But the cheese is bland and the toppins are skimpy, and when we finally break through to the center…brother, there ain’t nothin there but a hole.
TOBIAS (confused): Is this a donut-themed pizza?
RUST: Naw, not the pizza…time.  Space.  Life.  (emphasizing) The Center of…All Things.  The Truth of It All. Hollow.  Empty….Bereft.
TOBIAS: Well, I can’t say I agree with that kind of Negative Nancy attitude, but I hope that you and I can someday plug that hole together!
(both pause)
TOBIAS (awkwardly):…with the power of friendsh-
RUST (holds up hand): Hold up.  Somethin’s amiss. 

Both look down.  A PIZZA lies shattered, grotesque on the sidewalk next to the CHARCOALSA entrance.  Sauce is violently spattered on the nearby wall.

TOBIAS: Oh dear – well, let's look on the bright side: there’s another pizza-hungry consumer out there just waiting for us to fill their hole!
RUST: Naw. This wadn’t no accident.  This is a sign.  Someone…wanted us to see.  Wanted the WORLD to see.  To see his victory...over pizza.
RUST kneels, dips his pinkie into a pool of sauce, tastes it.
RUST:  Still fresh.  They can’t be far.  (to himself) Man can only run so long, I reckon.  Til time circles around to catch him again.  Looks like I’m goin back to work.
TOBIAS:  Splendid! A crime-solving adventure!  We’ll be like Cagney and Lacey!  Though my only good pantsuit was ruined in that accidental run-in with the Pride parade afterparty…oh yes, and what about Rita?
Both turn.  RITA’s bloody, mangled body hangs halfway out of the dumpster
RUST: Hey hey now buddy, one crime at a time.  This ain’t TWO Detective!

Both laugh uproariously.  Cut to opening credits.

Episode 2, Scene 8
RUST and BEAVIS sit in their living room.  A glass of SOME COOL WHISKEY YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF sits untouched in front of RUST.  The mid-afternoon sun casts deep shadows across the room, leaving BEAVIS half in light, half in darkness.  He wears a simple blue T-shirt with SYMBOLISM written across it.
RUST: …third one this week.  He won’t stop.  He’ll never stop until I stop him, or until my sanity has the courtesy to finally leave me alone.
BEAVIS: Yeah, yeah.  Heh-heh.  Go nuts!  Nuts!

RUST stares intensely at nothing, contemplating.  BEAVIS picks his nose.

RUST: I have to do it. I have to find him. 
BEAVIS (clearly reading from cue card): But Rust, when is it gonna be enough? (more naturally) Heh-heh.  “Butt Rust”.
RUST: I don’t know.  I don’t know if it’ll ever be enough.  The deeper I get, the more lost I feel.  But sometimes…sometimes I feel like losing myself…is the only way to find myself.  Maybe it’s good to be lost.
BEAVIS: Yeah, yeah.  Get lost. 
RUST: You always have the best advice, Sweet Pea.  (gets up, kisses Beavis on cheek).  I’m gonna go out to the desert, smoke some peyote, dryhump a cactus.  For enlightenment.

RUST puts on a jacket, leaves the room.

BEAVIS stares blankly for a moment, then produces and begins toying with a bloody lock of RITA’s hair.
BEAVIS: D-mn, we’re smooth.

Episode 3, Scene 2
RUST walks into the CHARCOALSA PIZZERIA BAR
PATRONS (together): RUST!
WOODY: Mr Cohle!  What’ll it be?
RUST (drawling): Tallboy’a Lone Star and a pint of ether laced with mescaline.
WOODY: Coming right up!

Episode 6, Scene 7
BOWIE: You can’t give up now!  Rust, you’re so terribly close.  He’s…afraid of you.  I feel it in my antennae.
RUST (quizzical look): Ok.   
BOWIE (wist.ful): It reminds me of that time on the French Riviera when Jagger and I got ahold of some killer coke, truly transcendent stuff, and the second we heard that knock on the chateau door, I knew, I just knew in my soul it was those two dishy poolboys and they were all set to oops, change of subject, how’s that lovely Rita these days anyway?
RUST: …I think she…went on vacation?  Can’t remember. 

Episode 8, Scene 6
RUST, WOODY, TOBIAS and TINA stand around a massive wall covered in random sauce recipes, phone book pages, and children’s letters to Santa. A life-sized Noid doll looms over all like some judgmental god.  Long strings of cheese connect documents together in a web of horrible truths. 

RUST (pointing to random spot): And that’s where he’ll strike next.  Right by where we found the…(choking up)…kid’s size pizza.  (fights back tears, takes swig of whiskey, recovers).  Oh yeah, and about a block down from where somebody beat Bowie to death with frozen breadsticks and wrote “METALLICA RULZ” on his corpse.  Tragic, could barely collect any pizza evidence with all the attention.
WOODY: Makes sense, Mr. Cohle.  We’ll find the next pizza there, no doubt about it.  (squints)  I can almost see it.
TINA (monotone): It’s like I’m there.  Little Miss Wildcard is touching the dead crust.  (pauses).  …no I’m not.

Suddenly, FRANK REYNOLDS bursts in, disheveled, excited, and definitely not sober.

FRANK: HA! HAHAHAHAHA!  I’ve done it!  They said it couldn’t be done!  I’ve finally put hot dogs in a pizza crust!  Next weekend at the Tri-State Pie-off you and your hoor co-owner are going down!
(Awkward pause)
TINA (puzzled): Pizza contest?
TOBIAS: Is this...do we still make…
WOODY: We’re not really making pizza anymore, Mr. Reynolds
RUST:…Kinda more of a narrative motif at this point. 
TOBIAS (brightly): Or a MacGuffi-
FRANK (cuts him off, taken aback):  Well, where’s that HOOR co-owner of yours, maybe I’ll give her a piece of my mind!
RUST, TOBIAS, WOODY, and TINA look around, confused.
RUST: Rita is…um…
TOBIAS: (uncertainly) Did she…go back to college?
TINA (matter-of-fact): She went to beautician school to reconnect with her womanhood.
FRANK: Huh.  Well, we’ll just see what they have to say to this down at Little Caesar’s!  HAHAHA! (leaves)
RUST: Thanks for the reminder, Tina, Rita would’ve killed me if I forgot.
TINA: It’s why I’m here.  Can I smell your jerkin?
RUST: What?
TINA: Nothing.  If you were a horse what color would your mane be?  Chestnut or dark chestnut?
RUST: What?  Where are you goin with this?
TINA: Never mind.  (to herself).  Definitely dark chestnut.  So fiery.  (shivers delightedly).

EPISODE 10, Scene 4
RUST: So, at last you’re here.
GOD: No, Rust.  I’ve always been here.  At last you can see me.
RUST: It was the monologues, wasn’t it?  I knew I was monologuin my way to some kinda major breakthrough.
GOD: Yes, Rust.  Your witches' brew of weird drugs and half-baked philosophy has truly pierced the veil of what you mortals call reality. (winks at camera).  Now, was there something you wanted to ask me?
RUST: You know youd-mned well what I want to know.  Who’s the monster that’s been carving up those pies?
GOD: Me.
RUST (taken aback): You??
GOD: Well, implicitly.  I kinda do everything when you think about it.  Agency is overrated.
RUST: I see.  But isn’t that kind of an ontologically reductionist resolution?
GOD: I don’t know what that means.

EPISODE 10, Epilogue
WOODY staggers into CHARCOALSA, carrying a badly injured RUST
WOODY: You’re gonna be ok, Mr Cohle!  D-mn him!  D-mn that man!
RUST (with difficulty): I…knew it was him. I knew…even when it was God, I knew it was Papa John.  No man…can give away…that many free pizzas without being shoulder-deep in the muck.
RUST gestures weakly. WOODY follows his gaze and sees an uncooked pizza on the counter.
RUST: Oldest…story there is.  Cheese…vs sauce.
WOODY: Well, there’s a lot more sauce, Mr Cohle, you always did go awful light on the cheese.  And this has been moldin for awhile.  Probably oughta throw it out before the health inspector comes around.
RUST: …you’re lookin at it the wrong way, Woody.  (coughs up blood)  In the beginning, that was only sauce.  Y'ask me, I’d say the cheese…is winnin.
END CREDITS
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:48:30 PM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 04:45:09 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
The heat IS on... Tuesday nights at 9!

Lead: One of the Property Brothers
Best Friend: The Other Property Brother
Badass: Kitt (Knight Rider, Car)

Love Interest: Caroline Holden (Baywatch, Yasmine Bleeth)

Funny Person: Ron Swanson ( Parks and Recreation, Nick Offerman)
Mentor: "Coach" Eric Taylor (Friday Night Lights, Kyle Chandler)
Wildcard: Gene Parmesan (Arrested Development, Martin Mull)

Primary Antagonist: "The Real Deal" Bill McNeil (News Radio, Phil Hartman)
Secondary Antagonist: Gold Dust (WWF Superstar)

Theme Song: 'The Heat is On' by Glenn Frey

Season 1, Episode 1: Pilot

*We open in a dark, ominous room. 'The Real Deal' Bill McNeil is sitting in his favorite massage chair, smoking a cigarette while Gold Dust sits across from him, sitting on a chair you'd expect to see in a club that still plays 'Wanna Be My Lover' by the Real McCoy. Both men are drinking, and eating caviar. They're being served by some totally average mustached server*

Bill McNeal: Ah, three of the most exquisite pleasures known to modern man: tobacco, alcohol, and a villainous plot

Golddust: *makes erotic gesture using his hands* Yes, the charity auction is a truly ssssssensational place for this plot. Hundreds of the city's most influential, pure hearted people, there to support their shining hero of a political candidate.

Bill McNeal: As the expression goes, 'When life gives you lemons, you kill life's favorite political candidate'

*Both men maniacally laugh as Bill turns his chair to shiatzu. Golddust again makes a really weird erotic gesture using his hands.  The totally average mustached server leaves the room with his serving tray. The server removes his mustache. He wasn't just an average server, IT WAS GENE PAREMSAN! Gene gets on the phone with "Coach" Eric Taylor*

Gene Parmesan: Eric!

"Coach" Eric Taylor: *wearing a coaches headset*  How's it goin' Gene *throws back a cold one*

Gene Paremsan: Eric, get me the JUSTICE BROTHERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C070_4ya98Y

*A phone rings. We're in the Property Brother with the longer hair's bedroom. He's lying in his bed (it looks really nice, pretty sweet head board), and so is Caroline Holden (Yasmine Bleeth). She's wearing a suggestive, yet TV appropriate black night gown. Looking, like, REAL good*

Property Brother: Hello? Who is this? *Pauses to listen* OK, I'll be there in twenty *gets up, picks up clothes on the floor and gets dressed. He's pretty ripped, btw*

Caroline Holden: Who was that? Come back to bed *makes really suggestive motion, but again, something totally TV appropriate*

Property Brother: It was my brother. We've got a young couple expecting a baby in three months. They'd like to live in a nice home with some character. It needs to be walking distance to the city, and they need enough of a yard for a small swingset. They also like to entertain, so a nice sized living room would be a plus.

Caroline Holden: What's their max budget?

Property Brother: 250k

Caroline Holden: *jaw drops* But... that's... that's impossible

Property Brother: *combs hair like a real cool guy* Not for me it aint

*Cut sequence of Caroline Holden bein' all 'Oh, you!', the Property Brother smiling, then him getting into Kitt, and peeling out of his driveway like a real cool dude*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htgr3pvBr-I

*The Property Brother talks with Kitt. Kitt's being REAL witty, and it's all very funny, but also a little warming at the same time*

KITT: Speaking of which, your brother is calling. Should I put him through?

Property Brother with longer hair: Ha, I guess so.

*The Property brother with the short hair is displayed on Kitt's video screen. Like usual, he's got that cocky expression on his face like he thinks he's important or something even though it doesn't seem like he does a whole lot of work*

Lame Prop Bro: Hey, I've got some news.

Prop Bro w/ Long Hair: What do they want, an indoor pool now? *laughs, then combs hair again*

Lame Prop Bro: I'm afraid this doesn't have anything to do with the young couple. It has to deal with our old friends, Bill McNeil and Gold Dust

Prop Bro w/ Long Hair: I thought we put those guys away a long time ago.

Lame Prop Bro: They've been released from jail

Prop Bro w/ Long Hair: Darn beurocrats. When will they learn?

Lame Prop Bro: And we got intel from Gene Paremsan that they're planning to make a big splash at the charity auction tonight. Everyone's favorite political candidate is apparently the target.

Prop Bro w/ Long Hair: The charity auction?! That's VIP only! How are they going to get in? Heck, how are WE going to get in?

Lame Prop Bro: Well as it turns out, the young couple we're talking to just happens to know the district attorney. And they told me if we're able to find their dream home they can get us into the charity auction.

KITT: Sounds like you better find them their dream home, gentlemen.

Prop Bro w/ Long Hair: One dream home, coming right up *kicks car into high gear*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGw_cOgwa8
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:06:03 PM by StartOrien »

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 09:19:14 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
seeing a lot more dedication than I had expected.  this'll make my short concept blurb look like crap.  actually, my idea would need to climb a ladder the height of the Empire State Building to get to the same level as crap in comparison to what's already being posted  :-\

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 10:59:44 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Leading Man Tyrion Lannister
Love interest Khaleesi
Funny Man Gronk
Badass Mr T
Best friend   Daisy Duke
Mentor Sherlock
Wildcard (like a Flex in Fantasy Football) Captain Mal Reynolds
Primary Antagonist Cameron the Terminator from the Sarah Connors Chronicles.
Secondary Antagonist Hannibal
Theme Song Olympic Theme by John Williams

THIS POST IS BEST EXPERIENCED IF YOU LISTEN TO THE MUSIC WHILE READING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdOFgDQIn0

In the role of Leading Man....Tyrion Lannister

In the role of Love Interest....Khaleesi and her dragons

In the role of funny man....Rob Gronkowski

In the role of badass....Mr. T

In the role of best friend...Daisy Duke with the General Lee

In the role of mentor....Sherlock Holmes

In the role of wildcard....Captain Mal Reynolds.

In the role of primary antagonist...Cameron the Terminator from the Sarah Connor Chronicles.

In the role of secondary antagonist...it's everyone's favorite cannibal...Hannibal Lecter.

teaming up for your entertainment to bring you.....

HUNGER GAMES THE TV SHOW!

This show is for a studio with the deepest commitment and vision.

As a late night show most likely on HBO we will bring you the most violence and nudity ever seen on TV of course.

This is the first ever scripted TV show with a reality component and a fan component. This show will do things never done before.

Basic plot....all contestants are selected and will have two months to gain skills with modern weapons and other survival skills as well as scheme and build alliances. 
They are then brought into a tremendous stadium, which is a half size and scaled down version of an abandoned New York City. How will they find each other? Where will they go? Who will go into Central Park? Where will they get food?
Rather than run towards a weapon stash each contestant will be given a simple survival knife and will be (unknownst to them) dropped off near identical weapons cashes. Who will find theirs?

Let the games commence, but as fans you will also get to see filming of the command center. How would they make decisions? What twists will be employed?

One twist is that for every two characters killed one new one will be added. So yes, MacGuyver will be making an appearance.

Other plot twists....a Swat team is brought in with a mission of eliminating one player BUT unbeknownst to them or the players ANOTHER swat team is brought in with the task of eliminating THEM.

The Terminator will be brought down to a more manageable level. Simple super human strength, vision, hearing, etc will suffice. This droid can be killed, but the droid brain is still there.

This show will make heavy use of CGI and the latest computer graphics, so that nearly all of it will be filmed in front of blue screens and will make heavy use of stunt doubles.

Doing so will allow fans to participate.  For a small fee fans will be able to log into special social media sites on facebook and twitter and will be allowed to attempt to guide the show. For a lot of money they will be able to send help to characters. They will be able to vote on things like the weather. Should it rain tomorrow? Or snow? Then this will be written into the show. You want two characters to sleep together? Then kill each other the next day? Propose it!

BUT....THAT'S NOT ALL! There is also a reality component. The halftime REALITY challenge of the day. We have contacted ACTUAL celebrities to participate. For $2million dollars we got Vladimir Putin and George W Bush to fight a tiger (We offered them both a million. George said he wanted two. Putin said he'd do it for free). What they both don't know is that when they're done we'll give an extra hundred thousand to whoever can disable the other!

You ever want to see Mike Tyson vs Jackie Chan? Or Evander Hollyfield? In a match that goes till someone can't go on?  You got a celebrity feud in mind? Richard Sherman vs anyone? Ray Lewis vs Brian Urlacher? Vote for it! We'll make em an offer!

And finally....in the culmination of the first season....the next day everyone will log onto the social media site and say "Oh man I can't believe Tyrion died! What do you mean Tyrion didn't die? What do you mean Gronk was killed?" Over the course of the day it will become clear that the show had four endings showed in the four different time zones!  The show will split off into 4 networks like ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.  Pick the one you like or watch em all. Four times the advertising revenue.

What will happen folks? Will brains beat brawn? Will the women listen to the famous advice of Game of Throne's Cersei? "Tears aren't a woman's only weapon. The best one's between your legs". Will personality matter? Will a droid kill them all? Or will they all kill the droid?

We will achieve this thru extensive use of CGI, stunt doubles, and extra filming on an accelerated schedule. This show will change television FOREVER. More nudity. More violence. More action. More interaction. ....it's the show you never thought possible. You are the new Roman in 2014 watching the gladiators and pulling the strings. It's the show to die for.

Judges...this is for you....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of_jyeDZ3Sg
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:32:35 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 11:02:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
So for my show I have taken a bit of a different approach. It may be frowned upon, I could be disqualified, or it could be sent to HBO, Netflix, Fox or the FXX right away with a thoroughly righteous go ahead green light. Yes I have picked characters from television shows and I have picked their roles on the television show that I want to watch. It's all about me here. I will then be assigning these characters to play specific roles in the show I want to watch. So, here it is. The biggest comedy event since the television was created. Its a comedy. Its a detective story. Its a suspense thriller. Its action packed. And did I mention it's downright hilarious.

I give to you:

The New: Original, (Comic Book Comedy Hour)

Lately we have been struck in Batman fever. The dark realness of the Christopher Nolan Trilogy. The cop drama seriousness of Fox's new Gotham. But Adam West's original Batman was funny, quirky, and packed with:

And:

And:

When I was 5,6, and 7 years old... When I wasn't watching Wizard of Oz I was laughing hysterically to the original Grey Batman. Especially this particular scene. Where Batman and Robin are fighting everyone on the boat. And the Kablam and Kapow the bad guys right into the water. And then batman and robin get bapped and swished into the water themselves. And the keep climbing the ladder back onto the boat and then fall into the water again. If you haven't seen it....Shame on you.

So here I create a hilarious spoof/spin on Batman and bring it back to it's comic book campyness. I give you the cast of The New: Original, Batman (Comic Book Comedy Hour)

In the Role of the Leading Man:Will Smith The Fresh Prince of Bel Air as Batman.

He's got the lingo already down and makes TV rating heaven by becoming the first African American Batman.

In the Role of The Best Friend: Charlie Kelly It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia as Robin:

In the Role of Mentor: Carter Pewterschmidt Family Guy as Alfred Pennyworth

In The Role of Funny Guy: Brian Griffin Family Guy as Batman's Dog

In the Role of Wild Card: David Brent The Office (UK) as Jim Gordon

In the Role of Love Interest: April Ludgate Parks and Rec as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

In the Role of Primary Antagonist: Daniel Tosh Tosh.O as the Joker

In the Role of Secondary Antagonist: Bill Haverchuck Freaks and Geeks as the Riddler

In the Role of the BadAss: Dee Reynolds It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia as Harley Quinn

And finally the theme song: The Original Batman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qP-NglUeZU

Key Points of the show:

Will Smith and Charlie Kelly tandem. Solving the criminal's crimes and mysteries.
Carter and Brian aimlessly exploring Wayne Manor together.
Brian and David Brent teaming up to help solve crimes on the police force.
Tosh and Dee criminal love masterminds.
April and Will's on screen chemistry.
Bill Haverchuck outsmarting everybody and the good guys not being able to figure things out.
Tosh, Dee, April and Bill getting together to think of different crimes they can commit and the hilarious deeds they come up with.
Will, Charlie, Carter, Brian, and David Brent getting together to solve those crimes in hilarious ways.

Comedy Gold.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 11:29:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Overheard from the writer's room...."Ok, so Tyrion has a shotgun and a komodo dragon suddenly bursts through the wall...now after he kills it does he butcher it and eat it or leave it there?"

"Where is the first place you'd go if you were the terminator in this game? You'd try to cut off the food supply by burning down all the grocery stores, right?"

"Ok so Mr T and Gronk just happen to bump into each other and one of them has an axe and the other has a long sword?"

"Ok so Gronk hits on both Khaleesi and Daisy within 24 hours making them jealous of each other so Daisy tries to run over Khaleesi with the General Lee, but the dragons shoot fire at the windshield causing Daisy to lose sight of Khaleesi?"

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 01:01:05 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Cold Coffee and Cocaine

Lead: Veronica Mars, Veronica Mars, played by Kristen Bell
Love Interest: Prince, The Dave Chappelle Show, played by Dave Chappelle
Funny Person: Vince Noir, The Mighty Boosh, Noel Felding
Best Friend: Daisy, Spaced, played by Jessica Stevenson
Badass: Ali G, Da Ali G Show, Sasha Baron Cohen
Mentor: Special Agent Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks, played by Kyle MacLachlan
Wildcard: Thad Castle, Blue Mountain State, played by Alan Ritchson
Primary Antagonist: Mel Profitt, Wiseguy, played by Kevin Spacey
Secondary Antagonist: Carl, Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Theme Song: Lewis Howard - Hula Rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-62NqMJwk

The Pitch:
Prince, in an ill fated effort to bring English and American Football together once and for all, buys both the Minnesota Vikings and Manchester United and sequesters them in a small community built around a Saltair Pavillion complex:

One day later, everyone is dead, save Newest Vikings Rookie Thad Castle, who is completely unable to remember anything about the evening, and Ali G, who claims he was shot at by several unidentified assailants, even if he can't explain why he was there, as he can't play either version of football for anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8_zlL_ZDvg

Meanwhile and shortly thereafter, Prince's financial adviser, Vince Noir, receives an offer to buy the Vikings from Carl, acting as an intermediary. Noir decides this can't be legitimate, even if the price -- four gallons of raw, unadulterated funk and three dozen hair curlers -- feels more than fair.

Prince agrees, and he phones his most useful side piece, Veronica Mars, who reminds him that he is her least useful side piece:

And the investigation begins.

Who killed all those athletes?
 What happened to Thad?
Why would anyone want to pay so much for the Vikings?
Just what do the toes know, anyway?

Find out as you explore the wired, weird world of Cold Coffee and Cocaine
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 10:57:40 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Farnsworth Hospital

Lead: Charles Bartowski- Zachary Levi-Chuck
Love Interest: Kate Morgan- Yvonne Strahovski- 24
Funny Person: Dr. Frasier Crane- Kelsey Grammar- Frasier/Cheers
Best Friend: Dr. Doug Ross- George Clooney- ER
Badass: Dr. Who ( David Tennant)- Dr. Who
Mentor: Abigail Bartlett- Stockard Channing- The West Wing
Wildcard:  Dr. Phillip Chandler- Denzel Washington- St. Elsewhere
Primary Antagonist: Dr. Jack Shepard- Matthew Fox- Lost
Secondary Antagonist: Dr. Gregory House- Hugh Laurie
Theme Song: The Closing Credits to the West Wing

The Pitch:

Where do TV characters go once they die or their shows are cancelled? No one knows for sure but some  end up at Farnsworth Hospital. The crack hospital staff, headed by Dr. Ross and Dr. Chandler------( DO YOU ALL SEE WHAT I DID THERE?)------- treat, rehabilitate and in rare cases release their patients into a new show's universe. Dr. Crane, one of the hospitals most noted successes, returned to Farnsworth after his legendary sitcom to be the grief counselor for patients without as much luck. The confrontational Dr. House is less concerned with the patients recovery and more with the reason their shows collapsed to begin with.

Farnsworth also has it's paramedics-- Bartowski, Who and Morgan-- who bounce from cancelled show universe to cancelled show universe rescuing as many characters as they can. Bartowski woke up in Farnsworth when Morgan, who looks exactly like the love of his life Sarah Walker, was already working as Dr. Who's companion and instantly signed up for detail with her.  Is she Sarah reborn or is there something more at work here?

Dr. Jack Shepard refuses to admit that Farnsworth may be all there is once a show is cancelled. He was promised heaven with all his friends from the show, what he got was making rounds in the hospital at the end of the line. Unable to kill himself, he covertly ends the lives of patients in the hospital so they can join their cast mates in Heaven and even tries to sabatoge the Tardis so the paramedics and leave them stranded on a cancelled universe.

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 09:10:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I submit for you viewing displeasure, a mini-series destined to be cancelled before the second episode can air.  knowing there will always be that die-hard contingent of people who revel in bad TV, here's the recap of the mini-series had it aired.

Show-MiniSeries: Can't we all just get along?

show premise:
a cosmic event pulls a number of individuals from different planes of existance and 'realities' in a social experiment to determine how people of 'good' character and 'evil' character as differing variations in between will interact.  Will they form a single group to work for common survival or will their base characteristics carry forward resulting in 2 (or more) sides in a war waged to achieve dominance or annihilation.

Theme Song:  Miami Vice Theme

Cast:
Lead: Bruce Dickinson, Cowbell Sketch, SNL

Love Interest:   Joy Turner, My Name is Earl

Funny Person:  Homey the Clown, In Living Color

Best Friend: Opie, SOA

Badass: Sylar

Mentor: red reddington, Blacklist

Wildcard: Stewie, Family guy

Primary Antagonist:  king joffrey

Secondary Antagonist:  Saddam Hussein, South Park

Episode 1: Pilot
Opening scene.  cut to the 9 characters suddenly materializing out of thin air on high plateau.  from the plateau, mountains range around the plateau at a distance of roughly a couple hundred miles forming a large ring of territory evoking images of a natural colisseum.  between the plateau and the mountains to the North and East is forest with a wide river flowing through the woods. A city that appears to be devoid of activity lies in the midst of the northern woods.   To the south, an arid land filled with ravines, crevasses and what appears to be patches of molten lava.  To the west, a landscape of pastures and fields--almost like farmland. 

The scene opens in utter confusion with the characters uttering various cries of surprise and wondering where they are.  Trusting no one, they each scatter.

Progression of episodes.
Joffrey and Saddam eventually become allies realizing that there is strength in their common desire to subject the rest of existance to their rule and to perversely torture all life for their amusement.  Attracted as he is to men of perversity and power, Stewie joins their alliance.  Eventually, he becomes Joffrey's consort after having been first rejected by Saddam.
Stewie: you know Saddam, I find your cheesy moustache kind of hot. something I'd see on someone outside a schoolyard
Saddam: making Satan my Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. was one thing.  but baby buggery is something even I won't do.  Joffrey seems right up your alley though, if you know what I mean. 
Joffrey: I get what you did there.  funny, sick but funny.  eh, why not?  Stewie, have you ever seen a Royal Sceptor?

Cool Alliance coming together on a strategy:
Red: I'm telling you Bruce, the only way to stop the other side and to get us out of here is the sounds of cowbell.  sounds ridiculous but trust me on this.  if there's nothing else I can do, it's mysteriously have the answer to everything.
Bruce: Cool man.  There's nothing as powerful as the sound of cowbell.  can never have enough.  Opie, I saw cows down in those pastures when we arrived here, let's go. 
Opie: Cowbells?  I'm going from toting guns to cowbells?  they're gonna kick me right out of the MC.  Think I'd rather get another pipe to the back of the head.
Bruce: it's the only way we're getting out of here.
Joy: ya'll crazy.  cowbells?  they's just doorknockers in the trailer park. 

Finale:
Opposing sides are now facing off on the plateau.  Bruce, Joy, Opie, Red and Homey aligned against Joffrey, Saddam and Stewie who have aligned with Sylar in what looks to be the final standoff between opposing forces of Cool and Evil.

Bruce to Opie: did you bring what we needed. 
Opie: I was able to scavenge one for each of us.
Opie distributes a cowbell to each of the 5 allies.
Bruce: Everyone grab one and start playing.
Bruce, Joy, Opie and Red start banging away to the tune of Miami Vice (it is the theme song after all) but nothing happens.

Stewie: hah, your plans are like Joe Swanson's colostomy bag - full of crap.

Bruce notices Homey not playing the cowbell.
Bruce: Homey, we need you.
Homey: Homey don't play that.
Bruce: I NEED MORE COWBELL.  Homey, we're taking on the MAN. 
Homey: This is what society has come to.  Forcing Homey to play the white man's tune to beat the man knowing that Homey don't play that. 
Homey, realizing this is the big play to bring down the man, picks up the cowbell and bangs along using his ever-present child-beating sock to bang the bell.

As Homey joins in, the forces of evil are struck by the force of the Miami Vice beat and blown backwards.
Joffrey: Do something Saddam, Sylar!!
Sylar: You know I'm powerless against Cool.  I've absorbed no abilities that can contend with the power of Cool or that rocking musical beat. 
Saddam: that sound is dissolving my disjointed, poorly-drawn body.  I can't take it. 
Stewie: it's dissolving my coloring.  [dang] cheesy animation!!
Saddam and Stewie explode in a technicolor array of cheap graphics.

Bruce: keep playing, we're winning.

Joffrey and Sylar fall to the ground, hands over their ears screaming in pain.

Red:  now we need to create a greater harmonic.  Everyone jump as they play.
Joy: Jump all of you [dang] it.  I need to get back to the trailer park.
Opie: I don't jump.  it's not cool.
Bruce: Jump Opie, forget the cool.  I gotta have more jumping cowbell.
Opie: alright, for you Bruce.  But I'm not jumping for Joy.
Homey: hey, I'm the funny man here.

Jumping with their cowbells, the Cool alliance creates the necessary harmonics to kill Joffrey, the antithesis of Cool, and render Sylar a catatonic vegetable. Homey dashes over to Sylar and finishes him off with his trusty sock.

An alien being appears before the victors.
Alien: we have studied how your kind will act when presented with a choice of being Cool or Evil.  For showing us that Cool will triumph over Evil, we will return you to your previous lives. 
Fade to each of the survivor's going back to their prior lives:
- Red to his spy network
- Joy to her trailer
- Homey to a kid's party
- Opie to Hell (he's dead you know) where Satan takes him on as his replacement lover for Saddam
- Bruce goes back to his studio, with his new collection of cowbells. 

====================================================================
Feel free to mock the poor effort.  would love to hear ideas for improvement.

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 11:59:46 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
The Show - Operation: Interstellar Love
The Theme - The Theme from Growing Pains
The Slogan - "It's outta this world /chuckles /examines life /drinks bleach"

The Cast -

Leading Man: ALF, Alf
Love interest: Willie Tanner, Alf
Funny Man: Failed Comic Joey Gladstone, Full House
Badass: Launchpad McQuack, Ducktales!
Best friend: Captain Lou Albano/Super Mario, The Super Mario Bros Super Show!
Mentor: Paulie Gualtieri, the Sopranos
Wildcard: Captain Hazel "Hank" Murphy, Sealab 2021
Primary Antagonist: Hank Schroeder, Breaking Bad
Secondary Antagonist: Dean Craig Pelton, Community

Episode 1: Picking up where Alf left off, Willie, with the aerial help of friend Launchpad McQuack and muscle of Paulie Walnuts and Captain Lou, break ALF out from his government prison, where he had been awaiting dissection. After an action packed volley of gunfire and alien puns (all captured in a single, 35-minute tracking shot that cost $25m to film), ALF and Willie reunite and, finally acting upon all my fan fictions, embrace deeply with a passionate kiss and confess what they never could have before.

Soon, the alert goes out that an extraterrestrial is not only on the loose, but about to push the boundaries of same-sex marriages after proposing to the now-divorced Willie Tanner. This mobilizes Red State agents (from the FBI's special Alien Tracking and Gay Wedding Prevention Unit) Schroeder and Pelton - the best daamn agents this unit has ever seen - to investigate these Earth crimes. They name themselves the "Bald Cops" and begin their investigation by pouring through the wreckage of McQuack's now-crashed escape plane.

At Sealab, Captain Murphy watches Chopper Dave.

Episode 2: ALF and Willie contact wedding planners. 45 minutes of the episode is dedicated to choosing fonts for their invitations. Launchpad and Paulie go to the strip club, where a dropped Gin and Tonic hits Paulie in the crotch. The remaining seven minutes of the episode is just Paulie complaining about this. "Captain Lou! My ____ing balls!"

At Sealab, Captain Murphy discusses robots with his crew.

Episode 3: Pelton and Schroeder get a hot lead when they discover a South Dakota bakery is creating a custom made wedding cake made entirely of cat. They quickly lose the trail when all they find is a smoking crater filled with fuselage where Teddy Roosevelt's head used to be at Mount Rushmore.

Relieved, the crew rents a house in suburban Minneapolis. All seems to be going well until Captain Lou, suffering from flashbacks of turtle attacks and moments where he seems to literally be commanding fire from his fingertips, accidentally beats Paulie to death after he returns from a late night of drinking. Paulie's last words are "ALF! My ____ing balls!"

At Sealab, Captain Murphy engages in a romantic relationship with Buckethead Wendy.

Episode 4: The gang mourns Paulie's death, but he returns as a ghost to torment Captain Lou. There are several serious discussions about ALF's bathroom habits. The Bald Cops take a break and make paella, only to realize that their limited seafood options in the Badlands have given them gastrointestinal distress.

This episode is considered Operation: Interstellar Love's "bottle episode" because it takes place primarily in two bathrooms.

At Sealab, Captain Murphy sips a can of Bebop Cola.

Episode 5:

It's a double bachelor party with the crazy potential for zany antics and laughter, but Uncle Joey is nowhere to be found. It turns out he's battling terrible depression after having finally watched a tape of his own standup. ALF and Willie, ever helpful, reanimate the corpse of Ed McMahon in order to relaunch Star Search and get Joey back on his feet. Reanimated McMahon, angry and confused, attacks the audience with superhuman strength. He is only subdued once Paulie's Ghost emerges from the ether to beat him back to the sweet release of death with a pipe.

At Sealab, Captain Murphy and his crew are invaded by a cast of doppelgängers.

Episode 6: Pelton and Schroeder examine the carnage at the former Star Search set and briefly arrest Captain Lou, but Launchpad enlists the help of the Wild Samoans (in a cameo role) who break into the local jail and headbutt everyone to death (except the Bald Cops) while freeing their former manager. Alf and Willie register for gifts and Crate and Barrel and argue over whether or not a reclaimed wood coffee table can support the vigorous lovemaking of a middle aged man and a puppet.

At Sealab, Captain Murphy's Happy Cake oven has gone missing.

Episode 7: Ghost Paulie and Captain Lou come to an uneasy peace during a seance, with Captain Lou agreeing to kick 40% of his bridal party proceeds down to hell in penance for accidentally exploding Paulie's crotch. The Bald Cops get a lead on Willie and ALF's marriage and break up the rehearsal dinner, sending the crew fleeing to New Hampshire with the FBI hot on their trail.

Meanwhile, Joey abducts those girls that he's not really related to. Danny Tanner, in a cameo role, opens a bottle of scotch and secretly hopes that they never return.

At Sealab, Captain Murphy decorates his control station.

Episode 8: An Amber Alert goes out for Joey. The entirety of the episode is just him doing Bullwinkle impressions with a gun in his mouth.

Note: This episode won the 2015 Emmy for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy or Variety Show.

At Sealab, Captain Murphy gets locked in a closet.

Episode 9: The Bald Cops descend on New Hampshire, closing down every bridal store in the state and briefly ensnaring ALF and Willie in a sting operation. Launchpad, seeing that the end is near for his friends, deliberately crashing his plane into FBI headquarters. The distraction allows ALF and Willie to escape, but McQuack dies soonafter the crash. His last words are "Willie! My ____ing balls!:

At Sealab, Captain Murphy gets addicted to energy pills.

Episode 10: Understanding that the Bald Cops won't give up, Alf and Willie go the only place they can't follow - under the sea. Paulie's ghost (matron of honor) and Captain Lou (best man) oversee the ceremony. The Bald Cops, watching via satellite with the understanding that their jurisdiction is limited to land only, softly weep over their failure. Those tears turn into tears of joy as they parse through the feed of a touching ceremony between a man and the alien/puppet he left his wife for because, well, the heart wants what the heart wants, and also Willie is probably mentally ill.

At Sealab, Captain Murphy watches the most beautiful union between two beings that he's ever seen. Sealab then explodes.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 12:00:34 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
In the end, it turns out my show was just the corrupted scream of a dying robot.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 12:24:25 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
In the end, it turns out my show was just the corrupted scream of a dying robot.
brilliant.  utterly brilliant.   a standing golf clap for you sir!