Author Topic: Western Conference Semis: Kings (1) Vs Warriors (5)  (Read 19145 times)

Re: Western Conference Semis: Kings (1) Vs Warriors (5)
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I just watched Dirk with a more talented team beat LeBron with a more talented team.

Billups has significantly outplayed Andre Miller in Recent History

Jennings have significantly outplayed curry in their meetings

Wes Matthews is significantly better than Sam young

Lebron is significantly better than Batum

Dirk is better than Millsap, Nick has already posted their head to head matchups

Chandler has played David Lee to a draw

I don't really see the issue here

Dirk just led a less talented team on paper to an NBA finals victory over Lebron's team.

They are completely different teams, Lebron was not used to his full potential on that heat team.  You heard on this blog when the celtics were playing the heat, "Lebron and wade don't play together yet, they alternate." meaning neither of them were playing to their potential, this is not the case with our Kings team, we are better suited to maximize Lebrons potential.  

Finally, Our team is better in fast break defense than the miami heat team was, which would significantly squash the transition threes that Stephenson and Terry were able to hit which was key to knocking off the heat

A few things.  I was totally leaning Kings the whole way until I saw these 2 comments from KC.  I think they are extremely valid points.  I agree with you that Lebron did not play to his full potential in the Finals.  And I also know that he did not play to his full potential in the East Playoffs against the Celtics last year.  It's what a lot of basketball fans are starting to think might be becoming a trend.  And I think it will come down to individual opinions on whether or not people think in any given future playoff series it can't be taken for granted that he will play to his full potential.

I agree with KC also that Dirk did lead a less talented bunch to a victory in the finals.  But, I think his less talented bunch was the perfect bunch chemistry-wise.  I also think that this GS team is a good chemistry fit with Dirk.

Also, what on earth makes your team better in transition defense???  Until I hear why, I find that to be one of the more arbitrary and ridiculous claims I've heard in this game yet.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2011, 08:03:15 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I just watched Dirk with a more talented team beat LeBron with a more talented team.

Billups has significantly outplayed Andre Miller in Recent History

Jennings have significantly outplayed curry in their meetings

Wes Matthews is significantly better than Sam young

Lebron is significantly better than Batum

Dirk is better than Millsap, Nick has already posted their head to head matchups

Chandler has played David Lee to a draw

I don't really see the issue here

Dirk just led a less talented team on paper to an NBA finals victory over Lebron's team.

They are completely different teams, Lebron was not used to his full potential on that heat team.  You heard on this blog when the celtics were playing the heat, "Lebron and wade don't play together yet, they alternate." meaning neither of them were playing to their potential, this is not the case with our Kings team, we are better suited to maximize Lebrons potential.  

Finally, Our team is better in fast break defense than the miami heat team was, which would significantly squash the transition threes that Stephenson and Terry were able to hit which was key to knocking off the heat

A few things.  I was totally leaning Kings the whole way until I saw these 2 comments from KC.  I think they are extremely valid points.  I agree with you that Lebron did not play to his full potential in the Finals.  And I also know that he did not play to his full potential in the East Playoffs against the Celtics last year.  It's what a lot of basketball fans are starting to think might be becoming a trend.  And I think it will come down to individual opinions on whether or not people think in any given future playoff series it can't be taken for granted that he will play to his full potential.

I agree with KC also that Dirk did lead a less talented bunch to a victory in the finals.  But, I think his less talented bunch was the perfect bunch chemistry-wise.  I also think that this GS team is a good chemistry fit with Dirk.

Also, what on earth makes your team better in transition defense???  Until I hear why, I find that to be one of the more arbitrary and ridiculous claims I've heard in this game yet.

I think our PG combo is better defensively than Bibby and Chalmers, and i also think that Chandler is one of the best centers in the league in running the floor and getting back on D.  WHO said that our team had the best transition Defense in this game and that got me thinking how we compared to the real heat.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
cansomebody outline how the warriors beat the kings?  Like some logical argument vs Dirk=god?

Because as I recall, I had dirk last year, and he lost to a lebron team. 

Really?  Are you aware of what took place in the NBA between last summer and now?

You mean a guy that everybody thought couldnt get his team over the hump got his team over the hump?  sounds familiar...

Yes, exactly.  Last CBNBA season, people were 100% certain that if the Mavs and Heat met in the playoffs, that Heat team would win.  The reason why was Lebron > Dirk and rest of Heat > rest of Mavs.  No way they could lose.

This postseason, somehow the Mavs won (without Butler!).  So how did they do it?  The biggest reason was not the supporting casts; it was because Dirk outplayed Lebron.

Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2011, 08:04:29 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

You mean a guy that everybody thought couldnt get his team over the hump got his team over the hump?
Also, a guy that everybody thought couldn't get his team over the hump choked harder than he ever has.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
again, this is worth mentioning

in 3 games against Batum

Lebron is averaging 36 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
cansomebody outline how the warriors beat the kings?  Like some logical argument vs Dirk=god?

Because as I recall, I had dirk last year, and he lost to a lebron team. 

Really?  Are you aware of what took place in the NBA between last summer and now?

You mean a guy that everybody thought couldnt get his team over the hump got his team over the hump?  sounds familiar...

Yes, exactly.  Last CBNBA season, people were 100% certain that if the Mavs and Heat met in the playoffs, that Heat team would win.  The reason why was Lebron > Dirk and rest of Heat > rest of Mavs.  No way they could lose.

This postseason, somehow the Mavs won (without Butler!).  So how did they do it?  The biggest reason was not the supporting casts; it was because Dirk outplayed Lebron.

Dirk averaged 26 points on 41% shooting in the finals.

If he plays similar to this in our series there is no way the Kings will lose. 

« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2011, 08:09:33 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I think if the Suns couldn't beat the Kings than no team in the West can beat the Kings.

Interesting matchup though, the bench could be considered Sacto's only weakness, and if you guys haven't gotten sick of me saying it yet, the Warriors have the best bench in the league.

It'd be an easier decision if Dirk didn't absolutely wipe the floor with the Heat, and that was with Wade.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

in 3 games against Batum

3 games is a very small sample size.  It does absolutely nothing for me.  Are you claiming that's what he'd average against GS in a 7 game series?  If you are, that's fine, you can.  But it doesn't convince me (the voter).  I'd say he puts up average Lebron numbers.... assuming he shows up.

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2011, 08:11:11 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

in 3 games against Batum

3 games is a very small sample size.  It does absolutely nothing for me.  Are you claiming that's what he'd average against GS in a 7 game series?  If you are, that's fine, you can.  But it doesn't convince me (the voter).  I'd say he puts up average Lebron numbers.... assuming he shows up.

Im saying that while Marion is still a very good defender in this league, Batum has done nothing to show that he can defend Lebron James.  If you believe Lebron will put up average Lebron numbers, with our supporting cast, I don't think there is anyway that we can be beat in this matchup

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I still don't see how this team scores enough on the kings to beat us.  Our backup PG has thoroughly outplayed the Warriors starting pointguard in their matchups and held him to a low percentage

Meanwhile we have plus defenders at the 2, 3 and 5 and a very good team defender at the 4.

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo

I think our PG combo is better defensively than Bibby and Chalmers, and i also think that Chandler is one of the best centers in the league in running the floor and getting back on D.  WHO said that our team had the best transition Defense in this game and that got me thinking how we compared to the real heat.

Running the floor to get back on D as in beating his opposite center up the floor, sure.  But fast breaks are usually run by point guards and wings.  Chandler ain't beating none of them up the court when he's starting from the opposite rim.

The reason why I also agree with Who and believe that you are the best fast break defense team in the NBA is Lebron.  But Miami had Lebron also, so you are no better than them. 

(Sorry, I feel like I've turned this semantic?  You are the best fast breaking team in the CBNBA b/c of Lebron.  You are not any better than Miami though IMO.)

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2011, 08:22:02 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
I still don't see how this team scores enough on the kings to beat us.  Our backup PG has thoroughly outplayed the Warriors starting pointguard in their matchups and held him to a low percentage

Meanwhile we have plus defenders at the 2, 3 and 5 and a very good team defender at the 4.

Rondo, you and nick have done a great job of convincing us to vote Kings.  In my head, I want to vote Kings.

But the problem is, my gut wants to say GS.  See, that was a great point you just brought up.  BUT, before the 2011 playoffs started, Miami had good defenders 2-5 also and a typical NBA fan would have asked how could Dallas possibly score enough to beat Miami in a 7 game series.  But they did!  Your points mostly have been excellent and convincing.  But we just saw this past June that sometimes logic doesn't prevail in the NBA playoffs.  Since the most recent case of logic not prevailing is a Dirk-led team beating a Lebron-led team that is so fresh in my mind, my gut is really pulling GS.

It's the only CBNBA team that has this incredibly unique advantage on you.

In the end it will come down to whether my head or gut is the acting force when my fingers start to type a team as winner.

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2011, 08:26:50 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Rondo, you and nick have done a great job of convincing us to vote Kings.  In my head, I want to vote Kings.

But the problem is, my gut wants to say GS.  See, that was a great point you just brought up.  BUT, before the 2011 playoffs started, Miami had good defenders 2-5 also and a typical NBA fan would have asked how could Dallas possibly score enough to beat Miami in a 7 game series.  But they did!  Your points mostly have been excellent and convincing.  But we just saw this past June that sometimes logic doesn't prevail in the NBA playoffs.  Since the most recent case of logic not prevailing is a Dirk-led team beating a Lebron-led team that is so fresh in my mind, my gut is really pulling GS.

It's the only CBNBA team that has this incredibly unique advantage on you.

In the end it will come down to whether my head or gut is the acting force when my fingers start to type a team as winner.

Except the question you have to ask yourself, can Batum do as a good a job on Lebron as Marion did, because that sung the finals.  History has shown Batum can't.

and for your viewing pleasure

This is what happened when he tried

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PplvNDqPvKs

Please watch, its awesome

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z4f6NN2ER4

and wes matthews making sam young fall

« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2011, 08:31:48 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones