Author Topic: Irving again throws young teammates under the bus  (Read 6982 times)

Re: Irving again throws young teammates under the bus
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2019, 09:14:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Celts made the ECF two seasons in a row now.  And Rozier and Brown have been part of both. Rozier is freaking 24 and only 2 years younger than know it all Irving
... what? 2 years younger, but incredibly less experienced than an All-NBA champion guard. Not to mention drastically worse.

With Kyrie we make the Finals last season

And it is justifiable for him to talk down on them/try to teach them on live television?

Puhahha... what a great leader
Did you even watch it? He obviously included himself, that's why he used himself as an example.

Why are you just ignoring that?
I think he says things without thinking too much and then he realizes he didn’t say things exactly the way he meant them and tried to fix them and creates even a bigger mess... at this point we shouldn’t care whether he stays or not. If he wins us a game or two in the playoffs fine... if he doesn’t win us a game or two in the playoffs we might be better off without him
I think all of Kyrie doubters will sing a different tune in the playoffs. I vividly remember the 2017 conference finals against the Cavs. He averaged 26 points (alongside Lebron and Love who averaged 30 and 22) on insane splits - 62/50/92. And that was against Bradley and Smart, who are no slouches on defense. He can slice up any defense.

No offense but you are a win goldigger

So basically he can say anything, act however, ruffle feathers..basically do no wrong

Because he is a playoff warrior?

Umm no thanks
What does that even mean? I never said that he can do anything, I just think you guys are spending way too much time analyzing what he said and what he may or may not have meant. You sound like my girlfriend. And yes, players like him, a 'playoff warrior, dont grow on trees, and every title teams needs at least one. That Cavs team last year was reaaaally bad and we couldnt bring it home against them, with HCA. We're not going far without him and if that means we have to tolerate *some* stupid things that he says, so be it. It's like dating a supermodel - you are aware she is probably not very smart or nice, but you accept that because her beauty outweighs it.

You must be jokin?

Well this is why I dont get where you are coming from... I would never do that
It's just an analogy...
How about addressing my other points? Like the inability to close out a really bad team.

Did last season playoffs not count?

Did the team not get to the ecf? If it had a healthy Hayward ... Celts make it to the finals

Kyrie thus far this season as the ultimate closer is like 500. Yes vs the Raptors. No vs GSW. No vs Lakers. Etc.

That game winning shot vs gsw was done once.  Cant keep using this to declare Irving as a ultimate closer

Robert Horry, Michael Jordan, Kevin Durant, Ginobelli are ultimate closers. Kyrie not just yet

He's been one of the top 2-3 clutch players in the league all year. And he was last year too.

This year in clutch minutes he's averaging 46/4/9 in per-36 terms, shooting 54/38/92. That's a higher scoring rate than anyone else in the league except Harden, whose shooting numbers are much worse at 42/30/82.

Whatever you want to say about him, the dude delivers when it matters.

He hasnt done jack s/^÷ in a celts uniform

Injured last season and missed game 7 due to a so called nose job

Stop bowing to him until he can deliver for the city

But working together with his teammates would be a nice start. Not thinking you are the s^#&# ... is a humble start
Genuinely understand why Kyrie would want to leave Boston. This is ridiculous.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2019, 09:15:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jaylen Brown is much more mature and better leader already in my books. This is what you say and preach 101

We’ve just got to have each other’s backs at the end of the day,” Brown said. “We can’t make comments, we can’t point fingers. We just have to continue to empower each other and have each other’s backs. If we don’t, if we start pointing fingers, everybody’s going to go into their own little shells. We’ve got to continue to play basketball.

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2019, 09:18:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Celts made the ECF two seasons in a row now.  And Rozier and Brown have been part of both. Rozier is freaking 24 and only 2 years younger than know it all Irving
... what? 2 years younger, but incredibly less experienced than an All-NBA champion guard. Not to mention drastically worse.

With Kyrie we make the Finals last season

And it is justifiable for him to talk down on them/try to teach them on live television?

Puhahha... what a great leader
Did you even watch it? He obviously included himself, that's why he used himself as an example.

Why are you just ignoring that?
I think he says things without thinking too much and then he realizes he didn’t say things exactly the way he meant them and tried to fix them and creates even a bigger mess... at this point we shouldn’t care whether he stays or not. If he wins us a game or two in the playoffs fine... if he doesn’t win us a game or two in the playoffs we might be better off without him
I think all of Kyrie doubters will sing a different tune in the playoffs. I vividly remember the 2017 conference finals against the Cavs. He averaged 26 points (alongside Lebron and Love who averaged 30 and 22) on insane splits - 62/50/92. And that was against Bradley and Smart, who are no slouches on defense. He can slice up any defense.

No offense but you are a win goldigger

So basically he can say anything, act however, ruffle feathers..basically do no wrong

Because he is a playoff warrior?

Umm no thanks
What does that even mean? I never said that he can do anything, I just think you guys are spending way too much time analyzing what he said and what he may or may not have meant. You sound like my girlfriend. And yes, players like him, a 'playoff warrior, dont grow on trees, and every title teams needs at least one. That Cavs team last year was reaaaally bad and we couldnt bring it home against them, with HCA. We're not going far without him and if that means we have to tolerate *some* stupid things that he says, so be it. It's like dating a supermodel - you are aware she is probably not very smart or nice, but you accept that because her beauty outweighs it.

You must be jokin?

Well this is why I dont get where you are coming from... I would never do that
It's just an analogy...
How about addressing my other points? Like the inability to close out a really bad team.

Did last season playoffs not count?

Did the team not get to the ecf? If it had a healthy Hayward ... Celts make it to the finals

Kyrie thus far this season as the ultimate closer is like 500. Yes vs the Raptors. No vs GSW. No vs Lakers. Etc.

That game winning shot vs gsw was done once.  Cant keep using this to declare Irving as a ultimate closer

Robert Horry, Michael Jordan, Kevin Durant, Ginobelli are ultimate closers. Kyrie not just yet

He's been one of the top 2-3 clutch players in the league all year. And he was last year too.

This year in clutch minutes he's averaging 46/4/9 in per-36 terms, shooting 54/38/92. That's a higher scoring rate than anyone else in the league except Harden, whose shooting numbers are much worse at 42/30/82.

Whatever you want to say about him, the dude delivers when it matters.

He hasnt done jack s/^÷ in a celts uniform

Injured last season and missed game 7 due to a so called nose job

Stop bowing to him until he can deliver for the city

But working together with his teammates would be a nice start. Not thinking you are the s^#&# ... is a humble start
Genuinely understand why Kyrie would want to leave Boston. This is ridiculous.

You have Irving can do no wrong mindset ...so you cant understand

These young guys... maturity....hard work everyday

You think he is talking about himself?? Criticizing himself?

Cmon man... wake up