Author Topic: Celtics Orlando Updates  (Read 29728 times)

Re: Celtics Orlando Updates
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2020, 06:44:56 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZtmzXswyZs

JEEZ LOUISE, TATUM IS HITTING SOME TOUGH FREAKIN' SHOTS ON BROWN LIKE IT'S NOTHING!

8) 8) 8)
Man, Tatum looks beeeefy. A strong upper bodied Tatum is a problem!

[Rooks] One of the more entertaining parts of the day. Jaylen Brown vs Jayson Tatum 1-on-1. Lots of trash talking lol. I asked Jayson who ended up winning. “We played 7 games. Jaylen won 4-3”

Loving the chemistry between the two.

Help me - watching these 2 I am dreaming that both continued exponential growth over the last 4 months and are ready to tear the league apart.  I am dreaming right?

Fire & Ice baby.

JEEZ LOUISE, TATUM IS HITTING SOME TOUGH FREAKIN' SHOTS ON BROWN LIKE IT'S NOTHING!

8) 8) 8)

[Rooks] One of the more entertaining parts of the day. Jaylen Brown vs Jayson Tatum 1-on-1. Lots of trash talking lol. I asked Jayson who ended up winning. “We played 7 games. Jaylen won 4-3”

Help me - watching these 2 I am dreaming that both continued exponential growth over the last 4 months and are ready to tear the league apart.  I am dreaming right?

I hope it's not a dream. Boston would then have what it's never had—though should've had with Bias and Lewis—two bonafide superstars not yet in their prime, but not far from it. That would be the best thing Boston's had since Bird-McHale-Parish (I would say Pierce-KG-Allen, but KG's knee ruined that potential dynasty).

We just need to find our KG. But I feel like we have our Pierce/Allen pieces.
Easier said that done though, 08 KG (not even peak KG lol) would likely be one of the best players in the league today if not the best.

Yeah, it was more of a joke if anything lol. Finding anything similar to KG or Duncan in today's era is probably almost next to impossible.

I do see a lot of parallels of Draymond in Tillman, but I did make a lot of terrible draft selections that thankfully Ainge is 19708419466713181236 steps ahead of me.
Davis and Giannis are probably the closest things to KG and Duncan in the modern league but yeah they are more like general prime year KG/Duncan than peak KG/Duncan.
Put Smart’s brain in Timelord’s body and we’re getting somewhere!

I forgot we're still waiting on Timelord to develop an NBA game.

Meanwhile NBA Rookie Bol Bol who the Celtics passed on multiple times just put up 16 pts, 10 rebounds, and 6 blocks for the Nuggets in their first scrimmage...

sigh...

« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2020, 07:12:49 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

8) 8) 8)

Fire & Ice baby.

8) 8) 8)

I hope it's not a dream. Boston would then have what it's never had—though should've had with Bias and Lewis—two bonafide superstars not yet in their prime, but not far from it. That would be the best thing Boston's had since Bird-McHale-Parish (I would say Pierce-KG-Allen, but KG's knee ruined that potential dynasty).

Easier said that done though, 08 KG (not even peak KG lol) would likely be one of the best players in the league today if not the best.

Yeah, it was more of a joke if anything lol. Finding anything similar to KG or Duncan in today's era is probably almost next to impossible.

I do see a lot of parallels of Draymond in Tillman, but I did make a lot of terrible draft selections that thankfully Ainge is 19708419466713181236 steps ahead of me.
Davis and Giannis are probably the closest things to KG and Duncan in the modern league but yeah they are more like general prime year KG/Duncan than peak KG/Duncan.
Might need to add Gobert's/Draymond's interior defensive instincts and the scoring of Embiid/Towns as well :laugh:.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2020, 07:13:38 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Repeated post.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #183 on: July 23, 2020, 08:45:20 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

8) 8) 8)

Fire & Ice baby.

8) 8) 8)

Giannis is considerably better than KG ever was. He's probably a full level above Duncan too, but given Duncan's amazing record of winning, we need to see Giannis impose his will on the game and win several championships first. I expect he will do so.

« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2020, 01:10:29 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

8) 8) 8)

Fire & Ice baby.

8) 8) 8)

I forgot we're still waiting on Timelord to develop an NBA game.

Meanwhile NBA Rookie Bol Bol who the Celtics passed on multiple times just put up 16 pts, 10 rebounds, and 6 blocks for the Nuggets in their first scrimmage...

sigh...

In a scrimmage game...

Like one that doesn't even matter. The Nuggets also trotted out a lineup that literally didn't even feature a guard at all.

Like, don't get me wrong. I like Bol Bol, and he certainly looks way better than his father at his age, and looks more agile. But let's get one thing clear.

1) His thin and lanky frame will not allow him to bang with centers down low. He's going to get the same treatment as Thon Maker did.

2) His shooting looks promising, but he has a very weird shooting form. The great thing is he's very tall so almost impossible to block. That being said, Giannis would have a field day on him.

3) Once again, I'll reiterate I like Bol Bol, I cannot believe he fell that far. I personally thought Ainge would've scooped him up considering the dearth of big men depth we have, plus it would've been nice to have another decent shot blocking big with a shot.

4) But this leads me to my other point, Bol Bol is still way too far away to obtain ANY meaningful minutes. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and act like the Nuggets struck gold just because they took a chance on MPJ, (who I also liked as my binkie,) and Bol Bol. Only time will tell.

5) As much as we would like to say the Nuggets draft well, (they certainly do,) they also take a lot of risks.

Where were you when Williams dropped 11/7/6 Statline against the Spurs?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 02:22:19 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #185 on: July 23, 2020, 02:42:29 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Simmons agreed to work with a sports psychologist, while Sixers personnel, friends and teammates have tried -- and failed -- to instill the necessary impudence to get him over the hump.

"I know it's going to come," Simmons says. "It's a matter of me being comfortable doing it. Some of that is getting the reps in. I can take a hook shot from the elbow, because I've done it so many times, I'm confident it will go in. It's second nature.

"With 3s, it's never been like that. I've got to make it a point of emphasis. I could be one of those guys shooting 30% right now. But I'd rather be one of those guys shooting 40%."

Yeah okay Simmons... You need to be shooting 30% first in the lower levels, before you can even hit 40%. It's as if people assume everyone's a shooter due to Curry's skewed shooting seasons.

Brook Lopez is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Look at Lopez's FT % which is indicative of 3PT success in certain qualified metrics.

Simmons's first three years: 56%, 60%, 62% Career: 59%

Lopez's first three seasons: 79%, 81%, 78%, Career: 79%

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1286329394181615616

Speak it into existence, King.

« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2020, 02:54:01 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
https://twitter.com/GwashburnGlobe/status/1286326617443389441

Brown with the post moves against the big man.

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1286330517730856966

Kemba Walker, asked a question in this zoom call: “I’m sorry can you repeat that? Donovan Mitchell just interrupted me.”

Twitter user shared this funny post of Ainge

« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2020, 03:08:07 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
As far as all of the Bol Bol talk, let's get one thing straight...
7'2" - 220 lbs

Nuggets stats - 0

Ducks stats
Mins - 267
Pts  -189
Rebs - 86
assts - 9
TO - 18
Stl - 7
Blk - 24

The player I'm talkin' about

Celtics
Min - 24
Pts - 19
Rebs - 11
Asts - 0 (hard to pass out of a dunk on a guy a foot shorter thn u)
TO - 3
Blks - 2

College(senior year)
Pts - 819
Rebs - 251
Assts - 15
TO - 59
Stl - 8
Blks - 85

At 7'5" and 310 pounds the only big coming out of that draft was...

Tacko Fall

« Reply #188 on: July 23, 2020, 03:17:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
As far as all of the Bol Bol talk, let's get one thing straight...
7'2" - 220 lbs

Nuggets stats - 0

Ducks stats
Mins - 267
Pts  -189
Rebs - 86
assts - 9
TO - 18
Stl - 7
Blk - 24

The player I'm talkin' about

Celtics
Min - 24
Pts - 19
Rebs - 11
Asts - 0 (hard to pass out of a dunk on a guy a foot shorter thn u)
TO - 3
Blks - 2

College(senior year)
Pts - 819
Rebs - 251
Assts - 15
TO - 59
Stl - 8
Blks - 85

At 7'5" and 310 pounds the only big coming out of that draft was...

Tacko Fall

Thanks for sharing, you added onto my point that Bol Bol's injury history + lack of PT should be worrisome.

That being said, I still like Bol Bol, but there's a reason he fell that far. I just didn't think he would end up being chosen that later in the middle of the 2nd round. There were talks of him at least being a late first.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 03:28:06 PM by Monkhouse »

« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2020, 03:56:10 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

8) 8) 8)

Fire & Ice baby.

8) 8) 8)

Giannis is considerably better than KG ever was. He's probably a full level above Duncan too, but given Duncan's amazing record of winning, we need to see Giannis impose his will on the game and win several championships first. I expect he will do so.

I'd really have to disagree here.  Not because I'm a celtic fan but I would pick KG over Giannis.  Don't get me wrong.  Giannis is an amazing player.  KG is one of the best bigs to EVER play the game.  He could impose his will and change a game just on the defensive end.  Giannis not so much.  KG was also a better shooter and such a great team player.  Giannis has had a better supporting cast then KG had until Boston.  I'm not saying the game is large but if I had to choose either playing just entering their prime I'm choose KG.  KG is a top 15-20 ALL Time NBA Player. 

This same applies to Duncan.  I am not choosing Giannis over Duncan either.

« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2020, 04:18:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Yeah saying Giannis is better than KG/Duncan is pretty disingenious.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, and has the potential to also end up as a top 20 player. But Tim Duncan/Garnett were just as special, if not more. Not to mention the Bucks teams the past few years were really great, just never coached properly.

« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2020, 04:43:08 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, and has the potential to also end up as a top 20 player. But Tim Duncan/Garnett were just as special, if not more. Not to mention the Bucks teams the past few years were really great, just never coached properly.

Ya i dont know man, I think you could argue that Giannis has been better the last two years than KG or Duncan ever were.  He has a one MVP already will likely win a second this year and maybe a DPOYas well.

« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2020, 04:57:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Ya i dont know man, I think you could argue that Giannis has been better the last two years than KG or Duncan ever were.  He has a one MVP already will likely win a second this year and maybe a DPOYas well.

Tim Duncan also won 2 MVP's by the age of 25. I'm not diminishing Giannis's greatness, his numbers are straight up video game ridiculous.

But if you want to be considered greater than Tim Duncan, I believe you need the championships to back that up.

« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2020, 05:02:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Tim Duncan also won 2 MVP's by the age of 25. I'm not diminishing Giannis's greatness, his numbers are straight up video game ridiculous.

But if you want to be considered greater than Tim Duncan, I believe you need the championships to back that up.

Manu and Tony says Hi.

Greg sends his regards, too.

« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2020, 05:04:17 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I mean sure, but Giannis is 25 and KG didn't win his first and only Championship until he was what 31? As good as Tim Duncan was he had A LOT of help. Neither of those guys ever got past 25 PPG either and thats despite playing a far higher minutes load per game.

I mean look, its not really fair to compare them because we have no idea what Giannis' career will look like, but  if he has any sort of longevity at all I think there's a better than decent shot we look back on him being better than those guys.

My main point is if somebody told me they'd take Giannis at 25 over Duncan or KG at 25 i dont think thats crazy.