Author Topic: Al Harrington!?!??!?!  (Read 3316 times)

Al Harrington!?!??!?!
« on: July 08, 2010, 01:52:56 AM »

Offline bostown34

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
Why in the world hasnt the celtics shown interest in Al Harrington? He would be a huge pickup for us he can lead our bench in a big way, he can play the 3 and 4 perfect backup for pierce can shot the 3 very good, good post up player and hes a very good rebounder....

tell me what yal think?

Lets Hope DA Gets Harrington In Green!!!

Re: Al Harrington!?!??!?!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 01:54:38 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Because Al Harrington is a bad player.

A shot happy selfish (14 FGAs in 30 minutes) inefficient scorer (52% career TS%) who plays lousy defense and doesn't rebound (6.5rpg per 36mpg).

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 01:59:43 AM »

Offline bostown34

• Open Roster Spot
Hes Def not a bad player hes always been on bad teams and always been looked at as the bad guy but i think if u put him on a contender he could be huge, 15-20 mins a game behind pierce would be ideal. Plus i dont believe he will be a problem given all the vets on the team and hes close with paul and kg so that always helps.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 02:14:27 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Hes Def not a bad player hes always been on bad teams and always been looked at as the bad guy but i think if u put him on a contender he could be huge, 15-20 mins a game behind pierce would be ideal. Plus i dont believe he will be a problem given all the vets on the team and hes close with paul and kg so that always helps.
I thought Al Harrington was a good player when he was younger but he has lost a lot of his athleticism and has developed a lot of bad habits (shot volume + shot selection + lack of passing + defensively across the board).

At this stage in his career, I think Al Harrington hurts his teams more than he helps them.

Thus, I consider him a bad basketball player. 

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 03:00:29 AM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
ehh i wudnt mind it

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 04:47:16 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Because he's going to get a lot more money on the free agent market than the C's can offer him.

All those knocking the guy should recall that he was the leading bench scorer in the league last year.  He may be a chucker, but he's a Jamal Crawford kinda chucker.  Very valuable as a guy who provides instant offense off the bench.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 06:46:24 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
I thought Al Harrington was a good player when he was younger but he has lost a lot of his athleticism and has developed a lot of bad habits (shot volume + shot selection + lack of passing + defensively across the board).

At this stage in his career, I think Al Harrington hurts his teams more than he helps them.

Thus, I consider him a bad basketball player. 

I agree with you in part--Al's bad defense, rebounding, and shot volume is clearly affected by the system he's playing in with the Knicks who are simply out there to out score everyone. You can't do that without taking lots of shots.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 10:46:08 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No thanks.  He lost the speed that allowed him to be a power SF.  Now he is just a small PF that tosses up alot of bad shots.

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 11:02:34 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Unless he wants to take the vet min I'm not out on Harrington.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 11:05:46 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Not my first choice.  At the minimum, definitely.  At any more, we'd have to see a lot more dry up first. 

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
he's a poor man's Antwan Jamison. He's a solid bench guy, but don't see a fit with the C's. He'll also demand too much money.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 11:30:01 AM »

Offline boston34520

• Maine Celtic
I think al harrington would be a great addition to the celtics and help out a lot. I think the Celtics should defiantly try and pick him up!

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 11:32:42 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
At this point, between Harrington and Gomes, I might prefer Gomes.  Similar size and skills at this point, though Al is better off the bounce and a slightly better rebounder, but Gomes is probably a better value.

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 11:35:31 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
For our primary backup big (and part-time starter while Perk is out), we needed more of a shot-blocker and defender.  J.O. is better than Harrington in that regard. 

Also, Harrington has worn out his welcome at just about every stop he's been to.  He could be a chemistry concern.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 11:42:48 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
For our primary backup big (and part-time starter while Perk is out), we needed more of a shot-blocker and defender.  J.O. is better than Harrington in that regard. 

Also, Harrington has worn out his welcome at just about every stop he's been to.  He could be a chemistry concern.

Good point.  I think at some points there were somewhat unrealistic expectations regarding what he would contribute.  He looked really good early in his career in Indiana, but was 3rd banana behind Reggie and JO, with Artest taking some of the sunshine, too.  He wanted a shot at being more than that and got it, but it never really worked out as his tweenerness was exposed in the limelight.

He probably could've had a more celebrated career if he had decided to be the best 6th man out there.  He could've been a winner, I think, but perhaps it's a little late for that.  I could see him taking a 3-year MLE deal to try to be that for a contender, though.  I'm not sure he's still got "it", but someone will give him that shot.