Author Topic: Sheed for Lee for Felton  (Read 4565 times)

Sheed for Lee for Felton
« on: July 06, 2010, 12:16:34 AM »

Offline bballee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
Saw this rumor and seemed like there might be an opportunity here.

In the meantime, the Knicks will continue searching for a pick-and-roll partner for Stoudemire to operate with -- and if it isn't James, free-agent point guard Raymond Felton will be a primary target. The Knicks have had discussions about a sign-and- trade for Felton that would involve their own free-agent power forward, David Lee, a person with knowledge of the talks said Monday. But the Bobcats are lukewarm on such a proposal for the same reason they've had zero conversations with Felton's agent, Tony Dutt, about re-signing him -- the luxury-tax implications. But don't rule out such a scenario yet; a person with close ties to Felton said Monday that the Bobcats point guard is intrigued by the possibility of pairing with Stoudemire in coach Mike D'Antoni's triple-threat, pick-and-roll offense. CBSSports.com

I can see two ways this might work. 

Like David Lee?  How about S&T of Felton to NYK, S&T of Lee to Boston, Sheed and a NY 2nd round pick to the Bobcats for their trouble.

Not a Lee fan?  How about S&T of Felton to NYK, S&T of Lee to Charlotte, Sheed to Charlotte, Nazr or Diop to Boston plus 2nd's from NY and Char to Boston for facilitating.

Re: Sheed for Lee for Felton
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:21:54 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I really like Lee but I think the Knicks have higher aspirations than Raymond Felton.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:27:45 AM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I like trade one a lot. Trade two burnt my nose hairs. Not fan of either of those two.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 01:07:15 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Is Lee that bad a fit next to Amare?

Is Felton really going to real in Lebron?

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 01:11:37 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
New York is just sending messages to Greg Pop trying to lower the price for their real target.

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 01:19:49 AM »

Offline I Lack Maturity

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1

I agree, Lee and Amare would be a good one two punch down low. Sure Lee is undersized for center, but didn't Amare start at center when Shaq split? True centers are very tough to come by so that means that most teams don't have true centers. But you do need a true center to win an NBA title so are the Knicks trying to win or compete? 

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 01:21:59 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I agree, Lee and Amare would be a good one two punch down low. Sure Lee is undersized for center, but didn't Amare start at center when Shaq split? True centers are very tough to come by so that means that most teams don't have true centers. But you do need a true center to win an NBA title so are the Knicks trying to win or compete? 

Actually, I think that pair want to play in the same spots offensively.  I don't think it will work.  (and don't even think about it defensively)

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 01:24:54 AM »

Offline I Lack Maturity

• Xavier Tillman

Actually, I think that pair want to play in the same spots offensively.  I don't think it will work.  (and don't even think about it defensively)

I agree with you 100 percent. I just feel as though most teams think they can get the job done with two good power forwards rather than a good power forward and a decent center.

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 02:45:44 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
New York is just sending messages to Greg Pop trying to lower the price for their real target.

Greg Pop probably viewing it as an empty threat.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 03:22:35 AM »

Offline Papatrichs

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25

I agree with you 100 percent. I just feel as though most teams think they can get the job done with two good power forwards rather than a good power forward and a decent center.

The last 4 champions have had a "good power forward and a decent center". You can also count the 04' Pistons.

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 08:42:29 AM »

Offline I Lack Maturity

• Xavier Tillman

The last 4 champions have had a "good power forward and a decent center". You can also count the 04' Pistons.

Gasol is better then a good power forward he is a top 5 power forward. Bynum is better than decent. When I say decent center I mean an undersized C. Perk is above average center because he has center size. If that makes any sense at all.

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 09:09:24 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
And since NY has cap room, if they want Felton and the Bobcats really just want to dump him, NY could just give them the 2nd round pick without giving us involved and take on his salary.  All this does is make one of their divisional rivals better. 

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 09:17:32 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Absolutely no way Lee and Amare play next to each other. They're both reliant on getting to the basket via pick-and-roll, and the team would give up 150 a night. Bad bad fit.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 09:39:34 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

A classic case is the Hawks.  They're good and win games in the regular season, but come the playoffs they don't have the size to beat the best teams.

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 10:03:11 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I don't think the C's are going to get Lee.  If NY wants to be a contender they are not going to give him to their closest competition for free.  With Wade and Bosh gone they don't have a need to clear space so they don't need Sheeds contract for anything.

I think he'd be perfect here but just can't picture a realistic scenario where he ends up here.