Author Topic: Blake & Outlaw Traded for Camby; Who can we get for backup PG?  (Read 2339 times)

Blake & Outlaw Traded for Camby; Who can we get for backup PG?
« on: February 16, 2010, 02:18:58 PM »

Offline I Love Getting Rondod

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
  • Vitaly Potapenko Has Ups!
I loved Blake as a backup PG here, but looks like there was never a chance to get him.  I want to get a veteran backup PG like Luke Ridnour or Earl Watson.  Any ideas?  Would anyone give up Baby [I'm assuming most people would part with TA] to get a good backup PG? 
Vitaly Potpenko has ups!!!

Re: Blake & Outlaw Traded for Camby; Who can we get for backup PG?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I loved Blake as a backup PG here, but looks like there was never a chance to get him.  I want to get a veteran backup PG like Luke Ridnour or Earl Watson.  Any ideas?  Would anyone give up Baby [I'm assuming most people would part with TA] to get a good backup PG? 

No reason why we can't trade with LA to get Blake.

In chat this morning, Chad Ford confirmed, then retracted, that Earl Watson could be had for a song.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »

Offline Bring Back Antoine

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8

Well what did you think of the baby for Augustine rumors? I liked that move for sure. I love the heart that baby brings, but his ceiling is real low.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »

• Xavier Tillman
I hate it because Augustin doesn't bring much to the table.  I'm a huge Baby fan and I think his ceiling is still pretty high, but if he gets traded that means Danny and Doc determined he is too immature, so I'll trust their judgement.  Don't forget though idiots and psychos have succeeded well in the league, so I wouldn't give up on Baby too quickly.  But I'm strongly against Augustin because he lost his spot to Flip Murray, which is pathetic.  Augustin is a great talent, but as raw as DMX right now.  I'd want to get someone who can make an immediate impact like Ridnour or Watson.  Rondo doesn't need a long term backup since he's our young franchise player, so we just need a short term 2nd unit catalyst and let the long term solution be figured out int he offseason [hopefully that will be Queasy].

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 02:46:23 PM »

• Xavier Tillman
And I'll go to Indiana and sing all day if we can get Watson.  He used to light us up when he was in Seattle [RIP].

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »

Offline Bring Back Antoine

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I hate it because Augustin doesn't bring much to the table.  I'm a huge Baby fan and I think his ceiling is still pretty high, but if he gets traded that means Danny and Doc determined he is too immature, so I'll trust their judgement.  Don't forget though idiots and psychos have succeeded well in the league, so I wouldn't give up on Baby too quickly.  But I'm strongly against Augustin because he lost his spot to Flip Murray, which is pathetic.  Augustin is a great talent, but as raw as DMX right now.  I'd want to get someone who can make an immediate impact like Ridnour or Watson.  Rondo doesn't need a long term backup since he's our young franchise player, so we just need a short term 2nd unit catalyst and let the long term solution be figured out int he offseason [hopefully that will be Queasy].

Good point, a veteran pg would be the better solution

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 03:05:24 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

Heh, I'll trade BBD for the right price, but at worst he's immature. Pruitt to me is a better example of an idiot.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 03:15:06 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Folks, its a simple soltuion to backup Point Guard!

I dont know why Danny has not done this deal yet.

Brian Scalabrine ($3.4,1yr)to New Jersey for Keyon Dooling($ 3.5,2yr)

We get a very good backup pg and veteran in return for Brian Scalabrine.

There is no reason for NJ to hold on to Dooling, they would rather an expiring contract, and on top of that, Brian Scalabrine would help them sale a few extra tickets.

SCALABRINE for KEYON DOOLING.

Our backup point guard problem would be solved for the next 2 years.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 03:21:26 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Idiots and psychos have succeeded in the league, but people who can never manage to get into shape don't have as good of a track record.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 04:12:43 PM »

• Xavier Tillman
(EDITED)

Baby should look to Perk for a mentor because Perk has transformed his body over the past 3 years.  I like the Dooling idea, except he and Ray got into a brutal fight a few years ago where Dooling shoved Ray, so Ray got up and TACKLED him into the stands.  If that's behind them then Dooling could be a good solution since we dont give up anything except luxury tax relief that Scal's contract provides.

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying about Tractor Traylor but no personal attacks.
-IP
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:24:38 PM by IndeedProceed »