Author Topic: Gerald Wallace  (Read 5464 times)

Re: Gerald Wallace
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 07:47:19 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
What's the benefit for Charlotte? Snow is just cap room and the other two aren't particularly good. Did Nike offer Jordan a bonus if he helped LeBron?  ;D
Cleveland would probably have to throw in JJ Hickson to make it worth Charlotte's while.

If Cleveland can snag Wallace with that Snow and flotsam package, and then turn Wally into something, they could win it all this year.

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
What's the benefit for Charlotte? Snow is just cap room and the other two aren't particularly good. Did Nike offer Jordan a bonus if he helped LeBron?  ;D
Cleveland would probably have to throw in JJ Hickson to make it worth Charlotte's while.

If Cleveland can snag Wallace with that Snow and flotsam package, and then turn Wally into something, they could win it all this year.

Yea I would have to assume it would have to look something like Hickson, a first rounder and then the garbage to even the salary.  if not, then Charlotte is more helpless then I thought (which I didnt think was possible)

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 08:20:28 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I love it for the Celtics.  

The Cavs are already playing great defense.  What does Wallace really add?

Now they are adding a player that is not going to help open things up for James.  An inside player at the same position Lebron plays.  

Makes it easier to guard Lebron.  

Plus, if it does not work out, they have just shot themselves in the foot in terms of future flexibilty around James. 

They can do better.

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 08:34:18 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I love it for the Celtics.  

The Cavs are already playing great defense.  What does Wallace really add?

Now they are adding a player that is not going to help open things up for James.  An inside player at the same position Lebron plays.  

Makes it easier to guard Lebron.  

Plus, if it does not work out, they have just shot themselves in the foot in terms of future flexibilty around James. 

They can do better.

I agree.  And this also means they have surrounded Lebron with the ironmen of Wallace, Ilgauskas (although he has been much healthier lately), Wally, Delonte, and Mo Williams.  The chances of them going into the playoffs anywhere close to full strength isn't great.