Author Topic: T.A. and Scals for Josh Boone, Najera, & Sean Williams  (Read 8987 times)

Re: T.A. and Scals for Josh Boone, Najera, & Sean Williams
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 03:06:55 PM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Well this is very easy for me. Since I trully believe that TA and Scal are two of the worst players not only on the Celtics, but in the league, I would drive them to NJ. That being said, I can't see NJ being that desperate. Surely than can do better than that.

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Krstic's offer will not be matched by NJ. He is now with OKC, so the initial premise of this scenario is moot.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56278/20081230/nets_pass_krstic_officially_joins_thunder/

Tony's BYC status makes deals complicated, but I would look into a trade involving TA and Scal for Joe Smith. I don't think OKC will release Smith, knowing he's coveted by a few championship contending teams.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 04:23:41 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Well this is very easy for me. Since I trully believe that TA and Scal are two of the worst players not only on the Celtics, but in the league, I would drive them to NJ. That being said, I can't see NJ being that desperate. Surely than can do better than that.

;D Strange that Tony and Scal are the second and third best defensive players on a championship and 28-4 team but two of the worst players in the NBA?   They'd be the first and second best defensive players on the Nets.  On top of that, they both sound like great teammates.

Still, I wouldn't do the trade if I were the Nets. But if I were the C's, I wouldn't trade for Williams, either.  I'd give him another year or two to see if he's past the character issues.

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 04:36:03 PM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff

;D Strange that Tony and Scal are the second and third best defensive players on a championship and 28-4 team but two of the worst players in the NBA?    They'd be the first and second best defensive players on the Nets.  On top of that, they both sound like great teammates.

Still, I wouldn't do the trade if I were the Nets. But if I were the C's, I wouldn't trade for Williams, either.  I'd give him another year or two to see if he's past the character issues.

While I will give you that TA is a good defender (I won't go into the rest of his game), what make Scal one of the top 3? Like I said Tony Allen has been address in somthing like 13 pages in another post, so please explain what makes Scal a good defender. He's slow, doesn't move his feet well, can't rebound and I'm tired of people saying how smart he is. What makes him so smart?
Sorry, I don't want to hijack this post, but I just don't get it. I cringe every time Scal is on the floor.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

;D Strange that Tony and Scal are the second and third best defensive players on a championship and 28-4 team but two of the worst players in the NBA?    They'd be the first and second best defensive players on the Nets.  On top of that, they both sound like great teammates.

While I will give you that TA is a good defender (I won't go into the rest of his game), what make Scal one of the top 3? Like I said Tony Allen has been address in somthing like 13 pages in another post, so please explain what makes Scal a good defender. He's slow, doesn't move his feet well, can't rebound and I'm tired of people saying how smart he is. What makes him so smart?
Sorry, I don't want to hijack this post, but I just don't get it. I cringe every time Scal is on the floor.

Are you watching the games, 55?  It's almost like you're getting a gameday text feed.  Scal is almost never out of place defensively.  Either in a team or individual way.  He's slow, doesn't move his feet well, can't rebound, and strangely, defensively never seems out of position. 

With all of Scal's physical limitations, 55, if he wasn't smart, he wouldn't be in the league.

Still, I don't know why either team would want to do this trade.  Najera and Scal are a wash.  Scal a slightly better defender and Najera a better rebounder.  Williams has too much upside and too little value to be a throw-in.  Boone isn't an upgrade over what we have.  He may be taller.  But he's one of the worst free throw shooters in the league.  We already have too many inside players with scoring defiencies.

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 05:21:57 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I'm experiencing a déjà vú. Is this the second thread for this trade idea or something? I can swear I remember writing about this yesterday.

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 11:33:41 AM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff

Are you watching the games, 55?  It's almost like you're getting a gameday text feed.  Scal is almost never out of place defensively.  Either in a team or individual way.  He's slow, doesn't move his feet well, can't rebound, and strangely, defensively never seems out of position. 

With all of Scal's physical limitations, 55, if he wasn't smart, he wouldn't be in the league.
Still, I don't know why either team would want to do this trade.  Najera and Scal are a wash.  Scal a slightly better defender and Najera a better rebounder.  Williams has too much upside and too little value to be a throw-in.  Boone isn't an upgrade over what we have.  He may be taller.  But he's one of the worst free throw shooters in the league.  We already have too many inside players with scoring defiencies.

If Danny hadn't given him a 5 year contract, I doubt he would be in the league. Let me ask you a question. If he is as good a player as you seem to think he is, why isn't he playing? Lets face it, this beanch is not playing well. Everyone seems think this team needs a 6'7 wing who can defend the likes of labron, etc. Why is it not him? If he's not gettin PT with this limited bench, doesn't that make you wonder?

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2009, 10:08:27 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would look to simplify the trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3019~1021~2990~591&teams=17~17~2~2&te=&cash=

Scali, POB, money (to buy out or waive POB) and a pair of 2nds for Boone and Najera.

Boston is taking back more money and two extra seasons on the books

NJ can just waive POB to create the extra roster space. 

Of course this only works if NJ is still looking to clear future cap and want to create an extra roster space. 

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2009, 10:21:06 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3019~1021~2990~591&teams=17~17~2~2&te=&cash=

Scali, POB, money (to buy out or waive POB) and a pair of 2nds for Boone and Najera.

Of course this only works if NJ is still looking to clear future cap and want to create an extra roster space. 

But the Nets just signed Najera and exercised Boone's option a few weeks ago. If they didn't want them in the roster, they wouldn't do that. Neither of them is in the books in 2010, so why would they want to dump their salaries?

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Cordobes,

I don't know if NJ signed Najera or traded for him.  Wasn't it a trade??  I could be wrong.  Regardless, they clearly are NOT playing him.

Smitty77

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 06:25:22 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Cordobes,

I don't know if NJ signed Najera or traded for him.  Wasn't it a trade??  I could be wrong.  Regardless, they clearly are NOT playing him.

Smitty77

They signed him as a FA this past summer.

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Regardless, they clearly are NOT playing him.
Najera has been battling a back injury since the start of the season.

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 08:21:22 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
OK.  They still signed him for a song and he hasn't really worked out for them thus far.  He also has a reasonable and decreasing contract each year.

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 10:29:31 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

seriously? Scal and POB in trade, by themselves? with nothing else? like, here NJ, pay my ***** bags for no reason in exchange the guys who have an actual service, thanks! this post won't die and it's just getting silly.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 10:40:55 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
OK.  They still signed him for a song and he hasn't really worked out for them thus far.  He also has a reasonable and decreasing contract each year.

If he has a reasonable contract they can terminate before 2010, why exactly are they looking to trade him for Scal?