Author Topic: T.A. and Scals for Josh Boone, Najera, & Sean Williams  (Read 8988 times)

T.A. and Scals for Josh Boone, Najera, & Sean Williams
« on: December 26, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Many of you might be wondering why.  Let me explain.  NJ wants to match the contract offer for Kristic and therefore they have to do a 2-1 or 3-2 quickly.  Their hands are really forced time-wise at the moment.  We would get two big men and a guy in Nahera that is a superb defender and moves very well for 6'8" and one that can help guard LeBron.  Yes, we would have to waive a player or move Sam to coaching.

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

Another move that could be done later to address our weakness at PG, as clearly evident in the Laker game is moving Big Baby for Sergio Rodriquez, esp. since we are getting two more big men in the above trade.

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/3/

Thoughts??

Be respectful and keep it clean. Thanks.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 03:34:46 PM by Redz »

Re: T.A. and Scals for Josh Boone, Nahera, & Sean Williams
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 01:30:18 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
both good trades, but both require the other team to act pretty despratley.

The first one, i see your logic, but i don't think NJ is desprate enough to take scal and TA for that package, no way. if they want to get back marginal prospects for talent, other teams are way better equipped.

The second one, i would love to happen, but no way does portland make that trade, the prospect talent isn't eqvilent.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 01:35:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Crownsy,

I appreciate your input!!  One reason why NJ might do the first one is that Kristic is a solid player and I believe they are down to days to match OK City's contract offer to him.  Second, this helps them clear cap for 2010 as Scals will come off the books at that point, but Nahera's goes two years past that big FA year.

Regarding the second trade, we would likely have to throw in a second round pick.  I might consider a first-rounder, as I really love Sergio's game and up side.

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Take either Boone or Williams out of the first trade and maybe NJ goes for it but then that doesn't clear any roster space so I don't see that happening.

Second trade, sorry but that's a pipedream. Portland values Rodriguez a lot more than you are giving them credit for. There's almost zero chance of a Baby-Rodriguez one up swap ever happening.

But, I think Portland is a good trade partner for us if something could be worked out. I'd love to have either Przybilla or Outlaw on this team but considering what we have to offer, that's probably my very own pipedream.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 03:23:11 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Nick,

I agree to a degree. Remember that if NJ does the first deal, the will be signing Kristic.  Sean is not playing much and Nenad will take his and Josh's minutes anyways.

On the second trade proposal, I said that I would throw in a second or a first round pick if necessary.  I like Sergio that much!!!

Peace,

Smitty77

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
i'd do that trade with NJ in a heartbeat. We need to do something about bigbaby too, Isn't he a free agent after this year? I hope they do a trade soon..

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
i'd do that trade with NJ in a heartbeat. We need to do something about bigbaby too, Isn't he a free agent after this year? I hope they do a trade soon..

I'd love this trade personally, but I don't think Jersey would.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 03:36:49 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
really? NJ has way too much depth at PF position, they have Yi, Anderson, Williams, Najera and Swift. and they could use some help at SG. After Carter, they have CDR and Ager. why woulnd't they want a serviceble wing player in TA and soon to be expiring contract in Scal?
Throw in baby and a 2nd round pick if you have to..

Re: T.A. and Scals for Josh Boone, Najera, & Sean Williams
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 03:41:33 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I'd do Josh and Sean for BBD and a draft pick or two if needed. I don't think Najera is any better than Scal. I don't know where he has gotten this "superb" defender label. I think that is stretching it a bit. I think of names like Bruce Bowen when I am using the word superb. I think if he was that great of a defender he'd be getting more minutes than 9 a game for a bad NJ team.

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 03:43:32 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I would perhaps replace Scal with BBD, never thought I'd say that. The reason for that is his D & 3's.
Good Job!

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 03:47:40 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
EJ,

As was mentioned by Emporer Young, NJ is overstocked at SF.  Secondly, Najera got over 21 minutes for Denver last year, and they were better than NJ is this year.

Smitty

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
I'd do Josh and Sean for BBD and a draft pick or two if needed. I don't think Najera is any better than Scal. I don't know where he has gotten this "superb" defender label. I think that is stretching it a bit. I think of names like Bruce Bowen when I am using the word superb. I think if he was that great of a defender he'd be getting more minutes than 9 a game for a bad NJ team.
this would not work because salary doesn't match. you are looking at about 3 million for josh and sean and about 800k from bbd.

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 02:02:54 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
this would not work because salary doesn't match. you are looking at about 3 million for josh and sean and about 800k from bbd.

I realize that they would have to add fillers to make it work, just was saying which I wouldn't mind losing and which I wouldn't mind picking up.

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
BBD to POR actually would be a good fit, he could play next to either Aldridge or Oden.

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 02:39:18 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Smitty 1st Tommy point for you! Keep thinking maybe Danny is watching. Maybe we throw in Giddens or Walker though. Throw a TP back at me good karma!