Author Topic: Ideas Trade Smart for who  (Read 5837 times)

Re: Ideas Trade Smart for who
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 07:51:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd only want to trade Marcus for a similar low usage perimeter player, or a paint player.

We still need glue guys on this team and I am worried about moving the on proven glue guy we have right now. (Though Grant Williams has me hopeful he can contribute as a glue guy at PF as early this year)

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 07:52:28 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Gallinari makes sense, and if I’m trading Smart I want him in the western conference.   Ha However, if it’s not for a legit star I’m inclined to hold onto him for now.  With some of the glut of ball handlers and wings gone from last season he may just have another level he can get to.  Love Smart, and think he can work great next to Kemba.

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 08:16:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think the better question is why would anyone want to trade Smart in the first place?  he's been a game changer on D, is on a cost-effective deal and his offense improved last year.

As much as I'd like to have a proven center, other than Kanter, added to the roster, I'm not moving Smart to get that player.  AD was an exception.  KAT, Embiid and Jokic are about the only others I'd consider a trade that included Smart in the package.

Re: Ideas Trade Smart for whoh
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 08:29:33 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
We could get gallo for scraps, why give marcus?
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 08:46:08 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think Smart is way too valuable to us.

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2019, 09:22:28 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
If the Celtics trade Smart it will haunt them longer than trading Babe Ruth haunted the Red Sox.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 09:58:12 AM by Celts Fan 508 »
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2019, 09:28:59 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Sure, lets trade the hart of this team!

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2019, 09:44:48 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Nobody.  NOBODY.  I can't think of a realistic scenario where I would trade away our best defender and defacto captain.

TP, a healthy dose of reality.

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2019, 10:13:48 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I think there is an excellent case for just keeping Smart. He is a low usage combo guard. He is our best backup point guard, and our best backup shooting guard, at least until someone like Carsen Edwards or Romeo Langford proves otherwise.

This does presuppose that he continues to play like he did last year. He showed newfound shot discretion and became an adequate 3 point shooter. Prior to that, he was a dismal shooter and scorer.

If he remains within his role last year, or if he improves into a bigger role, then he is a very useful player. If he becomes more aggressive without improving, he may become a much less valuable player or even become a problem. He's had problems improving on offense, and he's a competitive, emotional guy. I hope he doesn't regress by trying to do more than he's ready to do.

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2019, 11:07:14 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If we did trade Smart what could we get for him. TP for any solid idea.

Lots of options with a 12 million dollar salary. I'll throw out one.

Smart and pick for Eric Gordon. Smart may fit well next to the two ball hogs. Texas is home.

If Chris Paul is staying could go after Schroder 15 million. Or Roberson and Noel 12 million combined.

These ideas are not very good.  And I am being nice.

I love these comments. I'm asking you to do better Tyson. Step up.

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2019, 11:08:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Smart for Jarrett Allen

Brooklyn has DeAndre Jordan to replace Allen as starting center. Smart had great chemistry with Kyrie Irving in Boston and they would work well again in Brooklyn.

PG - Kyrie
SG - Smart
SF - Caris LeVert, Joe Harris
PF - Kevin Durant
 C - DeAndre Jordan

Smart would be the perfect role player / glue guy to fit next to Durant and Kyrie.

Boston gets the tough interior defender & rebounder that it's scorers need next to them.

TP Who.

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 11:14:39 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I think the better question is why would anyone want to trade Smart in the first place?  he's been a game changer on D, is on a cost-effective deal and his offense improved last year.

As much as I'd like to have a proven center, other than Kanter, added to the roster, I'm not moving Smart to get that player.  AD was an exception.  KAT, Embiid and Jokic are about the only others I'd consider a trade that included Smart in the package.

Wow. Sounds like you really overate Smart. He's no where near untouchable.

I realize that numbers are everything but let's take a look at smart career numbers.

9.3 Ppg
3.9 APG
3.5rpg
1.5spg

31% from three
37% from the field

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 11:20:35 AM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2019, 11:25:06 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I just don't think Smart will bring the same quality posts to this board as Who does.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2019, 12:13:25 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I like Smart and am certainly not looking to just come up with deals for him.  He is a good player on a fair contract with a well defined and important role on the team.  Now that does not mean I consider him untradeable, he certainly isn't.  I would consider trading him for a taller version of him that could play PF with comparable talent.  I just don't know who that would be.

I think the next big trade (if there is one) will be Hayward, not Smart.

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Smart for Jarrett Allen

Brooklyn has DeAndre Jordan to replace Allen as starting center. Smart had great chemistry with Kyrie Irving in Boston and they would work well again in Brooklyn.

PG - Kyrie
SG - Smart
SF - Caris LeVert, Joe Harris
PF - Kevin Durant
 C - DeAndre Jordan

Smart would be the perfect role player / glue guy to fit next to Durant and Kyrie.

Boston gets the tough interior defender & rebounder that it's scorers need next to them.

Not alot of players that would make me consider trading him for, but Allen is one.

The problem would be making salaries match. talking 2.3 mill to 12 mill, that means Dinwiddie or Harris+ gets added to make salaries match.

I love Smart for Allen and Dinwiddie, but I am not sure what Boston could offer to balance out that trade that doesnt add salary/ Memphis pick? Bostons own pick and Bucks picks?