Author Topic: Do the Celtics have a new guard?  (Read 2156 times)

Re: Do the Celtics have a new guard?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 02:38:32 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Imagine how good Brown would be by now if he got 25-30 minutes a game. He's just now finally getting comfortable and imposing his will on other players but it's been a slow grind to get there. I hope Stevens opens up some more minutes for Brown to expedite his growth.

I don't imagine he'd be further along than he is now. His time in a game is execution of the work he puts into practice. The improvements we see on the court are a result of his improvement in practices.

If he'd been playing 25 mins per game what we would be seeing is a much higher turnover rate and a team struggling to reach where it currently sits

I'm tired of people equating practice to on-court playing time. It's utterly ridiculous to think the competition is at it's apex in practice, especially when his teammates are clearly not world beaters in the NBA, he needs to play against top competition and see what they do and have to respond to it in a game that fans will pressure you to win.

I think Jaylen has talent, due to his athleticism something is bound to happen and at least can dribble more than Jae Crowder(worse hesitations I've seen in my life), and we are holding him back to stay entrenched in this mirage of "win now"
He has to hit open shots to play more. He does not at moment. He is 15-20 minute guy until then. If we can get another scorer he could play more.

He was scoring pretty good last night, Rozier couldn't hit a snooze button with how much he was off, yet Brad opted to go with him down the stretch. I just don't understand.
Roz has earned the trust of his teammates. Unfortunately that's just how it goes. Roz is more reliable right now.