Author Topic: Boston Celtics vs Houston Rockets Scrimmage #3 7/28/20  (Read 14854 times)

Re: Boston Celtics vs Houston Rockets Scrimmage #3 7/28/20
« Reply #165 on: July 29, 2020, 12:02:03 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Houston play like 5-out Pro-Am teams do in 2K
It's disgusting to watch.
Amplified by it being hard to stop
By the end of our bench, sure. We'll see when they have to face an actual team like the Lakers or Clippers.
I guess I more mean Harden specifically. Unstoppable offensive force

I think this Houston team could give the Lakers a run for their money. Lakers love to play big, but the rockets love to shoot threes and Lakers may have a hard time defending that.

They are toast against the cippers tho, those guys can play small better than the Rockets can, and the Rockets dont have a counter.
Although I don't know how the Rockets are gonna defend AD. He's gonna feast on this Rockets team in a playoffs series.
AD did wreck the Rockets in the one game he played against them, but they lost as Westbrook dropped 40 on them. That's only going to get worse without AB. Danny Green can't defend both Harden and Westbrook
Caruso will have his hands full, that for sure. Hypothetically RoCo should be a nice defender for Lebron, but RoCo also has a track record of being pretty bad in the playoffs, so I'm not sure.
It's only his offence that slips in the playoffs, I haven't seen any notable dip for his defence.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2020, 02:40:23 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
By the end of our bench, sure. We'll see when they have to face an actual team like the Lakers or Clippers.

I think this Houston team could give the Lakers a run for their money. Lakers love to play big, but the rockets love to shoot threes and Lakers may have a hard time defending that.

They are toast against the cippers tho, those guys can play small better than the Rockets can, and the Rockets dont have a counter.
Although I don't know how the Rockets are gonna defend AD. He's gonna feast on this Rockets team in a playoffs series.
AD did wreck the Rockets in the one game he played against them, but they lost as Westbrook dropped 40 on them. That's only going to get worse without AB. Danny Green can't defend both Harden and Westbrook
Caruso will have his hands full, that for sure. Hypothetically RoCo should be a nice defender for Lebron, but RoCo also has a track record of being pretty bad in the playoffs, so I'm not sure.
It's only his offence that slips in the playoffs, I haven't seen any notable dip for his defence.

All i remember is roco getting destroyed by both Brown and Tatum

« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2020, 07:30:12 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
What has Brad learned in this game that will be helpful for the playoffs?  I kind of annoyed at not seeing rotation players tonight.

He is probably is as paranoid as me about injury.  Would freak out if Brown got knicked . He finally has a set of what appears,to,be five healthy starters .  He is trading practice time for protection.   I see both sides .   If Smart or Kemba get a freak ankle or knee injury , then we have no chance with Wanna or Waters at PG .  Chances are slim at best against LA s at 100% ,  nill without Kemba or Marcus running the show.

I liked seeing Tacko and crew getting minutes , but it is kinda brutal  seeing them play a whole game against Westbrooke and Harden.  Like bringing knifes to a gun fight.

I think Brad thinks saving his assets and going into the playoffs at full strengh is his best shot. 

We ll see how it works out. .

« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2020, 09:03:05 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Is it me or did Taco change his free throw shot? I thought I remember his form being fine before the break.

« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2020, 09:34:56 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
What has Brad learned in this game that will be helpful for the playoffs?  I kind of annoyed at not seeing rotation players tonight.

He is probably is as paranoid as me about injury.  Would freak out if Brown got knicked . He finally has a set of what appears,to,be five healthy starters .  He is trading practice time for protection.   I see both sides .   If Smart or Kemba get a freak ankle or knee injury , then we have no chance with Wanna or Waters at PG .  Chances are slim at best against LA s at 100% ,  nill without Kemba or Marcus running the show.

I liked seeing Tacko and crew getting minutes , but it is kinda brutal  seeing them play a whole game against Westbrooke and Harden.  Like bringing knifes to a gun fight.

I think Brad thinks saving his assets and going into the playoffs at full strengh is his best shot. 

We ll see how it works out. .

I mean, we saw a key piece last night go down for the Rockets for at least a few weeks

« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2020, 09:36:20 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

He was destroyed because he wasn't quick enough, 2020 LeBron James isn't a quick wing player anymore.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #171 on: July 29, 2020, 01:11:59 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

He was destroyed because he wasn't quick enough, 2020 LeBron James isn't a quick wing player anymore.
\
He's a lot like Tatum in that his help defense if a lot better than his man defense.