Author Topic: Jameer Nelson Injury  (Read 18021 times)

Re: Jameer Nelson Injury
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'm really happy with the Bynum and Nelson injuries... This helps the celtics quite a lot. Now if only James can get a broken foot or something.

Don't wish injuries on other players. Plus with Nelson out, Orlando has way less of a chance of eliminating Cleveland if they were to meet in the 2nd round. Orlando fighting Cleveland tooth and nail is to our advantage so I don't see how this injury really helps us.

True.  But the Lakers deserve some bad luck after the Gasol trade.  At least we gave away a 20-10 stud PF/C for our All Star big man. 

Isn't Bynum's injury bad luck?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The more I think about it, the more I think Nelson should just get the surgery. 

Yes, they have a good opportunity this year, but they are still so young in key positions.  They have time.

But if they lose Nelson or end up with a partially effective Nelson because he makes the injury worse, they take a big step back.  We all know how hard it is to get a PG that good. 

Stop gap the position.  Trade Redick for a young backup PG type.   They don't need him with the emergence of Lee. 

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
There is no wrong decision for the young man. I hope if he rehabs though he doesn't end up like Dwayne Wade. It would be sad to see him lose nearly two years of effectiveness when he had just started to reach his potential.

« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2009, 11:38:49 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Yea, I really don't think rehab would help him that much. Surgery is probably the better solution to that problem.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2009, 08:17:25 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I'm really happy with the Bynum and Nelson injuries... This helps the celtics quite a lot. Now if only James can get a broken foot or something.

Don't wish injuries on other players. Plus with Nelson out, Orlando has way less of a chance of eliminating Cleveland if they were to meet in the 2nd round. Orlando fighting Cleveland tooth and nail is to our advantage so I don't see how this injury really helps us.

True.  But the Lakers deserve some bad luck after the Gasol trade.  At least we gave away a 20-10 stud PF/C for our All Star big man. 

Isn't Bynum's injury bad luck?

Absolutely.  That's what I was responding to.  The poster above me stated how we shouldn't wish bad on other teams.  I said I generally agree with that statement; however, I think it's OK they've had some bad luck with Bynum since they got so gosh darn lucky with Gasol. 

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2009, 08:23:24 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Stop gap the position.  Trade Redick for a young backup PG type.   They don't need him with the emergence of Lee. 

You know what I was just thinking of?  That Redick for Gabe + whoever rumor that was going around earlier.  It hasn't come up again, thankfully, but it is an interesting coincidence.

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Anthony Johnson is looking good.  20 points in the first half tonight.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2009, 10:14:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Anthony Johnson is looking good.  20 points in the first half tonight.
He's a solid backup to have on your team. I know I'd be happy if the Celtics had him. But he cannot be such a factor consistently.

Clippers weren't even making an effort to close out on shooters for much of that game.