Author Topic: We've hit rock bottom  (Read 10108 times)

Re: We've hit rock bottom
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Win on Tuesday and i am a believer.

Oddly or not, I think they might win. I don't expect them to open a big lead on philly, so they'll need to be active the full 48 minutes. Could be just the opposite of the last 2 games: they fall behind by 15 points and them comeback. Maybe we have a bipolar team
I can see that...
Sixers offense looked very good vs the Lakers.

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2019, 09:23:53 AM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

Oddly or not, I think they might win. I don't expect them to open a big lead on philly, so they'll need to be active the full 48 minutes. Could be just the opposite of the last 2 games: they fall behind by 15 points and them comeback. Maybe we have a bipolar team

Lol good call.

I'll admit I was probably wrong saying we hit rock bottom after the Clips loss but I'm happy about it!

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2019, 11:11:13 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Lol good call.

I'll admit I was probably wrong saying we hit rock bottom after the Clips loss but I'm happy about it!

Such is the life of a fan...it's either the sky or rock bottom  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2019, 11:48:56 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Lol good call.

Such is the life of a fan...it's either the sky or rock bottom  :laugh:

True but falling for it every single time and  being unable to stay calm and evaluate the situation is not a very good sign

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2019, 09:35:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Still think so?  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2019, 09:37:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

When you hit rock bottom..there is no where to go but up.

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2019, 09:39:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

That's true, but I'd say rumors of our demise were greatly exaggerated  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2019, 10:16:06 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

That's true, but I'd say rumors of our demise were greatly exaggerated  8)

Until we lose again...and it wasn’t looking good for a While there with 4 min to go  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2019, 06:28:25 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
12-3 in the last 15 games. 27-11 since the bad start (a 58 win pace). If they maintain the pace they've been on since the 10-10 start, they'll go 17-7 the rest of the way and finish with 54 wins, which is quite a bit less than my prediction but after the season they've had, that's pretty good.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2019, 10:27:10 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I don’t think this is rock bottom. We can go lower.

lower than losing to a buzzer beater by Rondo on a Laker team that the Cs led by 18 points at one point and 6  points with a minute to go AND then to lose to a Clipper team led by a coach that did not want to coach the Cs after leading at one point by 28 pts? Lower than that???

I think last night's stinkbomb in Chicago qualifies as even lower. The Bulls - the freaking Bulls - dropped 126 points on our "elite" defense.  The Lakers and Clippers are at least in playoff contention in the West. We lost to a doormat, and weren't ever a serious threat to win.

Struggling to remember a Celtics team that was this inconsistent.

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2019, 10:33:54 AM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1668
I'd rather listen to a broken record than this.

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2019, 10:34:16 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I don’t remember which year it was, but the first half of the season in which we acquired IT was pretty bad.

Mike

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2019, 10:39:07 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Not rock bottom. At this point I feel like we say this once a week with this team. They play up/down to opponents. Against bad teams they just don’t show up. Against elite teams they look elite.

At this point, for me at least, just get to the playoffs healthy. At least there I know they will bring it every night.

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2019, 10:44:42 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Not rock bottom. At this point I feel like we say this once a week with this team. They play up/down to opponents. Against bad teams they just don’t show up. Against elite teams they look elite.

At this point, for me at least, just get to the playoffs healthy. At least there I know they will bring it every night.

I hope so. I have given up predicting what this team will do on any given night. I could see us going to the Finals or flaming out in a first-round upset.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:52:18 AM by Sophomore »

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2019, 11:29:06 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I hope so. I have given up predicting what this team will do on any given night. I could see us going to the Finals or flaming out in a first-round upset.

I sorta feel the same way. Either this team is going to shock everyone and make it to the finals or they're going to get bounced in the 1st round. That would truly be rock bottom. It's quite possible this team is built more for the playoffs.

Until then, unfortunately we are going to have to take the good with the bad during these final 21 regular season games.
This does sorta resemble the 2009-10 season. Too much talent, yet underachieving results. Maybe they just aren't taking the regular season as seriously as they should.