Author Topic: Celtics (35-21) at Sixers (36-20) Game #57 2/12/19  (Read 55901 times)

Re: Celtics (35-21) at Sixers (36-20) Game #57 2/12/19
« Reply #945 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:20 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
I hope this doesn’t lead to Kyrie bashing
It’s already started

was this so called leader even at the game?
Rofl. Expecting someone to postpone their rehab to watch a game is a crazy expectation. What’s your problem with him? It’s clearly not based on how we’re a better team with him playing, or him being our lone All-NBA level talent, let alone All-Star, so what is it?

He is not a      Celtic. What rehab?

We are better with him playing ?

And he makes a habit of not being at games when injured. He would rather talk about being a leader than to act like one.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #946 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Ugh, I have to stay late at work with tons of consults and notes to get in the chart, and I miss an instant classic?!  >:(

But a win against the 76ers is a win in my book, even if I missed most of the game! They definitely looked up for this one, playing with the type of passion that they played with in last year's playoffs. I think Morris' message was heard after last game lol

This is why you just can't count out the Celtics. We ALWAYS show up against good teams. We're currently 7-3 against the top five teams of the East, with one of those losses coming against Milwaukee with our entire starting frontline out (Horford, Morris, Baynes). The other two were close losses to Indy and Toronto, both away games.

« Reply #947 on: February 12, 2019, 10:57:51 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Hayward was so good tonight.

Amazing what happens when you get minutes, they pass the ball to you and you’re featured in a Few pick and roll sets. AND get to play the point for a quarter
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #948 on: February 12, 2019, 10:59:23 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
It’s already started

Rofl. Expecting someone to postpone their rehab to watch a game is a crazy expectation. What’s your problem with him? It’s clearly not based on how we’re a better team with him playing, or him being our lone All-NBA level talent, let alone All-Star, so what is it?

And he makes a habit of not being at games when injured. He would rather talk about being a leader than to act like one.

To be fair he and Baynes were told not to come Brad mentioned that at the start of the game, given the Detroit game tomorrow and the weather. The team decided to keep them both at home.

« Reply #949 on: February 12, 2019, 10:59:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Ugh, I have to stay late at work with tons of consults and notes to get in the chart, and I miss an instant classic?!  >:(

But a win against the 76ers is a win in my book, even if I missed most of the game! They definitely looked up for this one, playing with the type of passion that they played with in last year's playoffs. I think Morris' message was heard after last game lol

This is why you just can't count out the Celtics. We ALWAYS show up against good teams. We're currently 7-3 against the top five teams of the East, with one of those losses coming against Milwaukee with our entire starting frontline out (Horford, Morris, Baynes). The other two were close losses to Indy and Toronto, both away games.

yes you missed a classic....it will replayed for years tho ;D

« Reply #950 on: February 12, 2019, 10:59:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
It’s already started

Injured players dont often travel. That's why Baynes want there either. But go off though
Not bashing Kyrie but Baynes was in Cleveland , I didn’t see Kyrie

We play better without him.. He is fun to watch no doubt but he is often injured and team plays better as a team without him..

« Reply #951 on: February 12, 2019, 11:00:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It’s already started

This game and the Cleveland game are the only ones I can recall him not being he at this season. Baynes wasn't there either tonight. Where's that faux outrage?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #952 on: February 12, 2019, 11:01:07 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
It’s already started

To be fair he and Baynes were told not to come Brad mentioned that at the start of the game, given the Detroit game tomorrow and the weather. The team decided to keep them both at home.

there you go again with those inconvenient facts!

have a TP sir!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #953 on: February 12, 2019, 11:01:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It’s already started

Injured players dont often travel. That's why Baynes want there either. But go off though
Not bashing Kyrie but Baynes was in Cleveland , I didn’t see Kyrie

We play better without him.. He is fun to watch no doubt but he is often injured and team plays better as a team without him..
No, we simply do not. We score more and defend better when he’s playing. The numbers are on the internet for you to find.

You just want them to play better when Kyrie is sitting, so a game like today is something you jump on, but you ignore them letting the Clippers come back from nearly 30 down
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #954 on: February 12, 2019, 11:01:46 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
It’s already started

This game and the Cleveland game are the only ones I can recall him not being he at this season. Baynes wasn't there either tonight. Where's that faux outrage?

Brad said the decision was made before this game to keep them both at home due to the turnaround for the Detroit home game and the weather.

« Reply #955 on: February 12, 2019, 11:01:58 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Fantastic win!!! After the worst loss of the season this has to be the best win of the season. Just WOW!! Hayward was spectacular. The entire team played with heart.

« Reply #956 on: February 12, 2019, 11:02:29 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
It’s already started

I will root for him as a Celtic as soon as he signs that new contract, until then he is suspect. And he needs to stop the drama, it is hurting the team.

« Reply #957 on: February 12, 2019, 11:03:34 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It’s already started

Brad said the decision was made before this game to keep them both at home due to the turnaround for the Detroit home game and the weather.

People are going to say Brad's making excuses for him. Watch.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #958 on: February 12, 2019, 11:03:50 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Hayward is getting back that NBA Athlete BOUNCE in his legs....looking really good.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #959 on: February 12, 2019, 11:04:03 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER