Author Topic: Idea: Harden to the Warriors?  (Read 4047 times)

Re: Idea: Harden to the Warriors?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 10:54:06 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I don't see why the Rockets would do that.  Doesn't seem like anywhere near enough value.  Now if it was Klay Thompson and some picks for Harden, that might be interesting.
I think that's an even worse trade. We have no idea if Klay will come back to what he was before, or if he'll get even close to that. A battered Klay is useless for a rebuilding Rockets team.
But Klay is a proven stud if he is healthy and has far more value than Wiseman or Wiggins.  The picks would be the same either way.  I still wouldn't do it, but if I'm Houston I'm far more inclined to do that then Wiseman and Wiggins.  That is no where near enough value for a guy that has finished in the top 3 in MVP for the last 4 seasons and doesn't appear to be slowing down yet.
"If healthy" is a huge asterisk, and I disagree that he currently holds more value for a rebuilding team than Wiseman does. A hobbled 30 year old Klay does nothing for a bad team, but a young player full of potential like Wiseman could easily set the Rockets' rebuild in the right direction. I do agree that neither is probably enough for Harden tho.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 11:55:24 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't see why the Rockets would do that.  Doesn't seem like anywhere near enough value.  Now if it was Klay Thompson and some picks for Harden, that might be interesting.
I think that's an even worse trade. We have no idea if Klay will come back to what he was before, or if he'll get even close to that. A battered Klay is useless for a rebuilding Rockets team.
But Klay is a proven stud if he is healthy and has far more value than Wiseman or Wiggins.  The picks would be the same either way.  I still wouldn't do it, but if I'm Houston I'm far more inclined to do that then Wiseman and Wiggins.  That is no where near enough value for a guy that has finished in the top 3 in MVP for the last 4 seasons and doesn't appear to be slowing down yet.
"If healthy" is a huge asterisk, and I disagree that he currently holds more value for a rebuilding team than Wiseman does. A hobbled 30 year old Klay does nothing for a bad team, but a young player full of potential like Wiseman could easily set the Rockets' rebuild in the right direction. I do agree that neither is probably enough for Harden tho.
you keep saying the Rockets are rebuilding, but even of they dumped Harden for draft picks, who is taking Westbrook, what about Gordon, etc.  They still have a ton of talent on that team. At least enough they can't tank or rebuild for awhile, so why would they also take on Wiggins terrible contract just to get a traditional center that hasn't played a game.  It doesn't make sense for Houston and is terrible value for someone like Harden.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 12:00:09 AM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
I love it, dude.  Good fake trade. 

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 12:39:37 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Andrew Wiggins is still a negative value contract. If the Rockets just want a guy that scores 20 ppg to satiate the fanbase, Wiggins is the guy. If they want a winning quality player, Wiggins is the furthest thing from it.

Also, the universal thought several weeks ago was that a top pick in the draft was not enough value for an all-star, much less an MVP. That hasn't changed just because that pick represents an actual player now. I'm a pretty huge fan of Wiseman, but that trade value hasn't changed around the league.

Several future late first rounders and/or swaps don't swing things enough for the Rockets.

I don't think Manion, Pascall, or Toscano-Anderson add enough value either. I just don't think the Warriors have enough to make that trade happen. Now, maybe if another young guy has a particularly good start to the season, they could make a deal later this season or next off-season.

They have wiseman that T wolves next year correct? That’s quite a bit of value right there. They also have a future grizzlies 1st.

Good point. I did forget about the Minny pick, which will probably convey this year in the mid-teens. That's a decent pick.

I'd have to think the Rockets could find more somewhere else.

Which playoff caliber team is going to trade away their star player to acquire Harden? And what team has better assets to offer up? I guess a team like Philadelphia is a possibility, but outside of that I don’t see it. He’s 31 years old with this coming season and next on the books. The he can become a FA. I think you are overvaluing him at this point. he’s not a 27 year old AD with 5 more years in his prime.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 12:49:27 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
you keep saying the Rockets are rebuilding, but even of they dumped Harden for draft picks, who is taking Westbrook, what about Gordon, etc.  They still have a ton of talent on that team. At least enough they can't tank or rebuild for awhile, so why would they also take on Wiggins terrible contract just to get a traditional center that hasn't played a game.  It doesn't make sense for Houston and is terrible value for someone like Harden.
Yes, they are 100% rebuilding if they trade Harden. I don't even know why this is being argued. Gordon was horrible last year, he's washed. Only reason Westbrook is on the team is because he has the worst contract in the league. Is Daniel House and 35 year old P.J. Tucker the talent you're talking about? Is that team even top ten in the West? I doubt that, let alone making the playoffs. They would be foolish not to rebuild.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 07:55:13 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Yes, they are 100% rebuilding if they trade Harden. I don't even know why this is being argued. Gordon was horrible last year, he's washed. Only reason Westbrook is on the team is because he has the worst contract in the league. Is Daniel House and 35 year old P.J. Tucker the talent you're talking about? Is that team even top ten in the West? I doubt that, let alone making the playoffs. They would be foolish not to rebuild.
They don't own their own pick next year.  They aren't going to tank.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip