Author Topic: Aaron Gordon dunks over Tacko  (Read 4157 times)

Re: Aaron Gordon dunks over Tacko
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 01:54:47 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I believe that the Tacko dunk was Gordon’s only dunk of the night to not get a perfect score.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 02:03:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I am one of the few that does not believe Gordon got robbed.  In terms of height, the dunk was impressive.  That’s not the only criteria though. Creativity, power, finesse.  Dunking over a really tall guy who was standing stationary with his head down didn’t add a lot.

I could dunk ball in the day and dunked over a 6 footer in high school.     But the dunk jones did was not terribly hard either except it had some hang time on it.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 02:12:15 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
That dunk reminded me of Bill Russell duckevdover a guy in a game, not a 7'7" guy but a full grown basketball ball player. This dunk was amazing. I've only see a couple of clip but arron gorgon deserved the win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AlFrOj5Mc
This one? ;)
Man, that video never gets old. Looks like he's going down-court at prime-John Wall speed, and then from one foot-length in from the FT line jumps over a guy to lay it in (easily could have dunked it). He'd be something else entirely with modern nutrition and tech
I'm just interested in him dominating the mental aspect of the game by being one of the finest statisticians and basketball minds in the modern NBA :laugh:, he was playing basketball with analytics in the Eisenhower, Kennedy and Nixon administrations lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 02:21:42 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
If he had dunked over Tacko I’d be really impressed. But Tacko was already ducking his head when Gordon nutmegged him pretty hard. Gordon *might* have dunked over Tacko’s shoulders. That’s still really high(!) but you have to lose style points for trying a dunk you don’t really make.

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2020, 04:07:36 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
If he had dunked over Tacko I’d be really impressed. But Tacko was already ducking his head when Gordon nutmegged him pretty hard. Gordon *might* have dunked over Tacko’s shoulders. That’s still really high(!) but you have to lose style points for trying a dunk you don’t really make.

I agree 100%.  He even pushes off on the ball to launch himself higher.

His dunk before that was pretty awesome though.  The Tacko one...bleh.