Author Topic: Dionte Christmas cut by CSKA  (Read 821 times)

Dionte Christmas cut by CSKA
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Should we take him back or say heck no to all these shooting guards?

Re: Dionte Christmas cut by CSKA
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Do you know what the reason is?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Should we take him back or say heck no to all these shooting guards?

On a 10 day contract, sure.  Give him another tryout.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

http://www.cskabasket.com/news/?id=12306&lang=en

The PR says bad fit.
I think he avg 6.5ppg, so that could be it as well

Guard Dionte Christmas will continue his career in the other team. His place on the CSKA roster will be taken by Theodoros Papaloukas.

Christmas joined our team in the beginning of November when army men lost Zoran Erceg to injury and needed to improve outside shooting. Wearing red and blue Dionte has become the Euroleague leader in 3-point percentage (55.6%) and executed his mission perfectly. His averages are 6.5 points, 1.1 rebounds, 0.7 assists, 0.5 steals in 15.3 minutes of 13 Euroleague games; 5.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 0.6 steals in 17.0 minutes of 8 VTB United League games; 4.0 points, 2.2 rebounds, 0.2 assists in 16.5 minutes of 5 PBL games.

Ettore Messina, CSKA head coach:
We appreciate Dionte’s effort, his abilities and everything he gave us in these months with the team. The reason why we made the change is because we think we need a different structure of the team and Papaloukas can bring us what we feel we need at this moment.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:10:47 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sounds like he's really just not that good, but I'd be okay with giving him a shot.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 10:11:45 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

http://www.cskabasket.com/news/?id=12306&lang=en

The PR says bad fit.
I think he avg 6.5ppg, so that could be it as well

Guard Dionte Christmas will continue his career in the other team. His place on the CSKA roster will be taken by Theodoros Papaloukas.

Christmas joined our team in the beginning of November when army men lost Zoran Erceg to injury and needed to improve outside shooting. Wearing red and blue Dionte has become the Euroleague leader in 3-point percentage (55.6%) and executed his mission perfectly. His averages are 6.5 points, 1.1 rebounds, 0.7 assists, 0.5 steals in 15.3 minutes of 13 Euroleague games; 5.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, 1.0 assists, 0.6 steals in 17.0 minutes of 8 VTB United League games; 4.0 points, 2.2 rebounds, 0.2 assists in 16.5 minutes of 5 PBL games.

Ettore Messina, CSKA head coach:
We appreciate Dionte’s effort, his abilities and everything he gave us in these months with the team. The reason why we made the change is because we think we need a different structure of the team and Papaloukas can bring us what we feel we need at this moment.
TP Thanks for the answer  ;D

I would offer him a 10 day contract if the Terrence Williams project doesnt bold out.
Jack of all trades, master of none.