Poll

Is Mourinho right?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Mourinho on the Bundesliga  (Read 2579 times)

Mourinho on the Bundesliga
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
"In Germany, Bayern Munich start winning the league in the summer. They go to Borussia Dortmund every year and buy their best player. One day they go there and get Robert Lewandowski. The next year, they go there, Mario Gotze. The next year they go there, Mats Hummels. So they win the league in the summer.

The way wealthier clubs can demolish their opponents in Europe by buying off their best players always irked me, and when I read Mourinho's comment, I instantly thought 'finally, someone said it'. Although, Mourinho's said it from the POV of a coach in the Premier League, I think it still stands, as it points to way the stronger teams can manipulate others.

Having said this, if there are arguments in favour of Bundesliga (and Primera División), I'm all for listening to them.

Full article

Reddit discussion

Re: Mourinho on the Bundesliga
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 01:56:13 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Bayern has been picking off the best young talent from other Bundesliga sides for a very long time.  Poor BVB have suffered greatly as a result, but if Götze can stay healthy and rediscover his best form, they will have at least a little bit of satisfaction in that.  Of course, "Rolls" is the one big name Bayern couldn't pry from BVB's grasp.