Author Topic: Al Jefferson's record  (Read 2966 times)

Re: Al Jefferson's record
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 08:11:59 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
a woeful Timberpuppy team with no chance of being good for years to come.

Not exactly true; they have two first round picks this year in a strong draft and the rights to Rubio and Petrovic.  There's at least a small chance the Wolves will be a good upcoming team within a couple years, even despite David Kahn. 

There's also a decent chance Big Al gets traded sometime anyway, especially if the Wolves end up drafting a more athletic center or persuade Pekovic to come play here.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Re: Al Jefferson's record
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 07:52:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Part of this is Big Al's own fault. He could have seen that Minnesota was going to be real bad for a while and just taken a qualifying offer and played cheap for a year to become a restricted free agent and move to a team that looked to have a winning future. He instead took that long contract and now he is finishing up his third year on a woeful Timberpuppy team with no chance of being good for years to come.
Perhaps, but I can't fault Al for taking a contract that will make him (and many future generations of his family) financially secure.  (That's assuming he doesn't go to the Antoine Walker school of finance.)  To his credit, I recall hearing Al talking positively after the trade about being the foundation on which the Wolves franchise would build a winner.  Hasn't happened yet but they may get there in 2-3 years if they draft well this year and next (still high-lottery time) and Rubio and Pekovic play for them and live up to expectations.