Author Topic: Oden/Fernandez highlights  (Read 7223 times)

Oden/Fernandez highlights
« on: October 08, 2008, 04:27:24 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Portland is going to be an exciting team to watch.   Greg Oden and Rudy Fernandez both look like the real deal.   I'll be watching a ton of their games on League Pass, I'm sure.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWqSjBYqZio

Re: Oden/Fernandez highlights
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 04:42:43 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Fernandez looked truly incredible with that passing ability, and Oden's just Oden. I don't really root for other teams, or even watch other teams often but I might just have to catch a few games when they're on ESPN... And I'd be shocked if that Blazers team didn't make the playoffs.

I wish we could have just bought the rights to Rajon Rondo instead of trading that pick that eventually ended up as Rudy Fernandez.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:10:58 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP for the clip.
The best part about this is that
the Lakers will have a very hard time
getting back to the Finals.
I think Portland will be one of the
teams to beat out West. And, yeah,
both Oden and Rudy F. look fantastic.

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
i wish only the best to oden, rudy, roy and the rest of em. after all that the portland fan base has been through, they more than deserve a great team.

on a side note, HOW TERRIBLE is the kings defense??? baahahaha

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 09:00:22 AM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
They are going to be a very good team for a long time.  It's almost unfair how much good young talent they have.  They already had Oden, Roy and Aldridge.  Now getting Rudy too?  Not to mention Bayless, Rodriguez, Outlaw and Pryzbilla as a solid bench, all young guys too.  We could be seeing a dynasty in the making.  Which is fine as long as it's after the C's current dynasty is done and the Lakers don't get any in between.

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:18:55 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Apparently Oden didn't spend the year sitting around getting fat.  He looks a little bulked up, in a good way, and ready to go.
Yup

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 09:32:27 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Wow Greg Oden drew 9 fouls in 20 minutes.

I heard his passing out of the post was very good too.

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 10:28:51 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I did not think Oden would look that good this soon. After a season ending injury and never playing in an NBA game looking this good, the rest of the teams in the league better look out hes gonna be tough down low both on offense and defense

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:53:19 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Oden looks like a young Shaq. Scary stuff.

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Wow fernandez is gonna be fun to watch! I didn't realise he had such great court vision either. However I think we need to keep in mind the kings played Zero defense. It's pretty embarrising how easily portland got into the paint.

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »

Offline Zoots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Wow.  Impressive stuff.  What lucky fans they will be out there for the next decade.  Oden, impressive.  Rudy looked phenomenal.  Bird-like passes.  What court vision.  So many pieces out there.  Guess I'll be watching some Portland games too.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 12:01:55 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Lamarcus Aldridge talking about Greg Oden...

"I'm going on record and saying that Greg is a man-child."
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 12:16:05 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
They are going to be a very good team for a long time.  It's almost unfair how much good young talent they have.  They already had Oden, Roy and Aldridge.  Now getting Rudy too?  Not to mention Bayless, Rodriguez, Outlaw and Pryzbilla as a solid bench, all young guys too.  We could be seeing a dynasty in the making.  Which is fine as long as it's after the C's current dynasty is done and the Lakers don't get any in between.

I don't know.  People were saying the same about Chicago not so long ago, but the reality is that young talent does not necessarily equate to winning.  Sure Portland will be fun to watch, yes they will probably go on a winning streak like they did last year, and yes I hope for the best for the team (as someone who lived in Portland for 8 years, I can attest to just how much this team means to the city).  But I will take a bit of a wait and see on them. 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 12:36:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I don't know.  People were saying the same about Chicago not so long ago, but the reality is that young talent does not necessarily equate to winning.  Sure Portland will be fun to watch, yes they will probably go on a winning streak like they did last year, and yes I hope for the best for the team (as someone who lived in Portland for 8 years, I can attest to just how much this team means to the city).  But I will take a bit of a wait and see on them. 

I don't know man.  Portland was a 41 team last year and they just added some SIGNIFICANT pieces.  Oden's first piece of action, out of shape, coming off microfracture surgery and he puts up 13 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks in 20 minutes.   Give him 40 minutes of action and he's already a 20/10 guy.   He's going to be scary.  That team is going to be scary.

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 12:39:03 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Chicago didn't have anyone of the caliber of Oden. Oden is the reason people talk so highly of Portland. Centers like that usually mean big things for teams. It is also amazing to see 2 players of the skill of Oden and Fernandez going to a team that was already competitive.