Author Topic: Ten Excellent Reasons Why The Lakers Will Win Next Year:  (Read 2587 times)

Ten Excellent Reasons Why The Lakers Will Win Next Year:
« on: October 04, 2008, 06:45:16 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
1. Andrew Bynum has finally completed his transition from unpolished stiff to full blown deity. He was recently seen walking on water shortly after a Lakers practice, Bill Plaschke reports.

2. The character of this Lakers team is such that they will come back hungry and determined. These are some very tough characters, with a great deal of emotion. For example, remember when Sasha Vujacic started crying on the bench and then took out his rage on the towel boy? You gotta love that competitive fire.

3. In the three months since the finals have ended, the Celtics have become a group of decrepit, wheezing crones who are more likely to keel over dead than raise another banner. This rapid transition will allow the spritely young Jordan Farmar's of the world to score at will on the Celtics.

4. By losing James Posey, the Celtics have lost their only good bench player. As we all learned from last year's finals, the Laker "Bench Mob" is far superior to Boston's ragtag collection of second round draft picks and journeymen like Leon Powe, Glen Davis, and Eddie House. The Laker bench will handle them easily. With defensive-minded first round talents like Vujacic, Radmonovic, and Farmar, there's no way the Lakers can lose.

5. Kurt Rambis has been coming to Pau Gasol's house every single day since the Finals ended, and has been teaching him how to be physical in the post and on defense. Remember: You can't teach toughness, you can only... um...ahhhh... learn... it? Nevermind.

6. Kendrick Perkins simply doesn't have the beef to match up with Bynum. In fact, no one does. Bynum is a top 3 center in the league. For sure. I know because this one time last year, he had a stretch where he averaged 13 and 9. Those sort of numbers don't come from just anyone. It's not as if players like Theo Ratliff, Eddie Griffin, or Hakim Warrick has ever produced stats like that.

7. With the addition of the Savior to the Lakers' lineup, Lamar Odom will be moved over to the Small Forward position. This does NOT bode well for Paul Pierce. Odom's game is really aggressive, and Paul is softie. Odom will be focused the whole game and go hard for 48 minutes if that's what it takes. Paul Pierce has mental lapses, and tends to defer to Kobe. When I look at this matchup objectively, I see it as Odom >>>>>>>> Pierce.

8. Rajon Rondo has peaked. His athletic gifts are average at best, and he has no desire to improve. What have we heard about him working on his shot, the weakest part of  his game? That's right, nothing. NOTHING. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

9. The Celtics will stop playing team basketball this season. They're all a bunch of egomaniacs who are and were incapable of adopting a team mentality. That's why The Celtics are still stuck on Banner 16....

10. Laker fans have decided to bring their "A" game this season. No more arriving during the second quarter. No more walking out to the concessions area to call friends when there's 4 minutes left in the fourth. And most of all, no more fairweather syndrome. Laker fans will cheer their team on regardless of what's happening, just as they always have. If you need proof, just watch a tape of game four. Staples Center is going CRAZY the whole time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just in case no one noticed.... that was sarcasm.  :P

/ERA

Re: Ten Excellent Reasons Why The Lakers Will Win Next Year:
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Ten Reasons WHy the Lakers will NOT Win Next Year:

1) Kobe Bryant still can't win without Shaq - probably couldn't if he did now. 

2) Kobe Bryant would rather look good and lose thanlook good and win.

3) Pau Gasol has been working with Kurt Rambis

4) Andrew Bynum is STILL unproven

5) Sasha Vujacic

6) Phil Jackson is cursed by Red

7) Lamar Odom will always be a "never was"

8) As I see it Pierce>>>>>>>>>any Laker

9) The Celtics wil always play team ball.  That's part of what Celtics Pride is about.  There is no such thing as Laker Pride

10) By losing James Posey, it gives JR Giddens and Tony Allen a chane to step up.

Wait......

11) Lakers fans will NEVER compare to Celtics fans.  Keep leaving in the 3rd quarter - it really helps your team  :)
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I think you just set the record for most sarcasm in one thread.  That's some impressive work.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 08:15:31 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
Ten Reasons WHy the Lakers will NOT Win Next Year:

1) Kobe Bryant still can't win without Shaq - probably couldn't if he did now. 

2) Kobe Bryant would rather look good and lose thanlook good and win.

3) Pau Gasol has been working with Kurt Rambis

4) Andrew Bynum is STILL unproven

5) Sasha Vujacic

6) Phil Jackson is cursed by Red

7) Lamar Odom will always be a "never was"

8) As I see it Pierce>>>>>>>>>any Laker

9) The Celtics wil always play team ball.  That's part of what Celtics Pride is about.  There is no such thing as Laker Pride

10) By losing James Posey, it gives JR Giddens and Tony Allen a chane to step up.

Wait......

11) Lakers fans will NEVER compare to Celtics fans.  Keep leaving in the 3rd quarter - it really helps your team  :)

haha I hope you weren't taking my post seriously celts. Of course the C's will win. The lakers probably won't even make it back to the finals.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 09:02:27 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
 ;D

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 09:22:09 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
PerkinsERA43 earned a TP from me...as I started getting worked up with what I should say on this post without offending or attacking anyone...then as I read the other posts I noticed you were being facetious...which then calmed me down and make me laugh..at myself. But yeah, point proven that LA won't make it back next year..and here's why...

1.) They still have Lamar Odom. I have full faith in his game, but he doesn't fit into the Triangle Offense at all. He should have been traded 2 months ago, but it's not too late for that...
2.) Vladamir Radmanovic is still a Laker AND at the SF position. They guy can shoot(sometimes) but he's too soft to play PF but he's too slow to play SF. He's overpaid for what he can actually do. An offensive option off the bench suits him, but he can't be expected to grab a rebound and play D...
3.) Jordan Farmar hasn't been traded yet. Fisher is great, and I can see Sun Yue being good, but that puts Farmar out of the mix like Pruitt in Boston. Farmar should be traded to a team like Golden State or something...
4.) Pau Gasol + Bynum doesn't equal a dominate front line. Both players require the ball too much to share the ball and both be productive on offense..
5.) Outside of Gasol, and Odom playing PF, there is nobody left. The team is full of sluggish 7' Centers.
6.) Their bench is ...blah, as it only consists of Vujacic and now Odom. Outside of those 2 knuckleheads they have zilch,nada, and nothing..
7.) The Celtics have gotten better with the draft and the pickup of DMiles. Once Scalabrine gets traded plus maybe Pruitt then we'll be perfect.
8.) Rondo improved drastically last year, and can only get better. Which that puts the scare onto the Lakers' back court to try and stop him...Fisher,Vujacic,Farmar,SunYue, and Kobe(who has to guard Ray and Pierce)
9.) Kobe can't win without Shaq...or a few other dominate bigs(KG,Duncan,DHoward) but Pau Gasol won't cut it..
10.) UBUNTU!!! Celtics Pride can't be stopped!
Can't stop, Rondo!