Author Topic: Michael Felger show being cancelled on 890 / Felger rejoins WEEI  (Read 5179 times)

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201

This news tidbit in the Globe this morning bummed me out...........

A new venture at WEEI.com has lured away two key sports reporters from the Boston Herald, the website announced yesterday. NFL analyst Michael Felger and Boston Red Sox beat writer Rob Bradford will join WEEI.com next month as the site aims to create "useful and entertaining" content, said Tim Murphy, general manager of WEEI.com. Bradford will be the site's editor and will also contribute columns. Felger will no longer host "The Mike Felger Show" on ESPN 890, but he is expected to keep his duties with Comcast SportsNet
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

Re: Michael Felger show being cancelled on 890 / Felger rejoins WEEI
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 02:03:39 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i appreciate felger's insight with regards to football, but loathe him when he attempts to talk about hoops (which he is clueless about).

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »

Offline The Duke

• Author
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
They will likely be adding other "correspondents" to Felger and Bradford, and I would expect one of those correspondents to be from a hoops background.

I'd agree that Felger is a Grade A loser, but at least he can poke fun at himself unlike the unlikeable troglodytes on air at 'EEI. And yes, I'm looking at you Glenn Ordway, John Dennis, and Gerry Callahan.

Celticsstuff Live... Sundays at 7pm, blogging all week

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 02:41:33 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I actually like Felger.  Sure, he knows nothing about basketball, but he tells it like it is and doesn't ballwash like a lot of these other talking heads. Probably the reason that a lot of talkshow hosts on WEEI don't seem to like him.  They hate that he criticizes the Patriots and Red Sox when the rest of them turn the other way.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
They will likely be adding other "correspondents" to Felger and Bradford, and I would expect one of those correspondents to be from a hoops background.

I'd agree that Felger is a Grade A loser, but at least he can poke fun at himself unlike the unlikeable troglodytes on air at 'EEI. And yes, I'm looking at you Glenn Ordway, John Dennis, and Gerry Callahan.

Agree that Felger can poke fun at himself, but very much disagree that he's a "Grade A Loser".  Mike's show provided all of us in the Boston area an alternative to the same old same old that has become the jugernaut of WEEI.  I very much enjoyed the national voices on Mike's show and hope that ESPN 890 get someone in there.

Any suggestions on who should take Felger's spot?
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 03:49:22 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Does this mean Felger will be on a show on EEI?  If so, any news on what time?

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 04:34:54 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
That's a shame that his show is cancelled on 890.  I liked it a lot, especially when compared to the Big Show (which has become painful).  I bet they bring him back as a regular guest on the Big Show, and hopefully he can save it.

I agree that he is not good when it comes to basketball (and he ussually admits as much), but I think he is one of the smartest sports radio guys around (along with Dale, Holley and McAdam), and is entertaining, without being annoying like some of the other guys (Sheppard, Dennis and Callahan, etc.)