Author Topic: Should have been MVP.  (Read 2398 times)

Should have been MVP.
« on: July 08, 2008, 07:32:12 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
It's really disgusting how much I think about the Celtics and/or basketball  :o

Anyway, I was thinking today about the All-Star game and how at the end of game I was convinced Ray Allen won the MVP which he deserved.

This season, KG not winning the MVP can only attest to a large market of LA and an overdue super star. I thought KG deserved it and in retrospect there is really no question...

I know I'm in dream land but it is a fact that KG winning Season MVP, Ray Allen winning All-Star MVP and Paul Pierce winning Finals MVP was extremely close to happening.

Just something to think about this evening.

Enjoy the evening peeps, time to hunt for a pick up game.

Re: Should have been MVP.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 07:36:30 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
It's really disgusting how much I think about the Celtics and/or basketball  :o

Anyway, I was thinking today about the All-Star game and how at the end of game I was convinced Ray Allen won the MVP which he deserved.

This season, KG not winning the MVP can only attest to a large market of LA and an overdue super star. I thought KG deserved it and in retrospect there is really no question...

I know I'm in dream land but it is a fact that KG winning Season MVP, Ray Allen winning All-Star MVP and Paul Pierce winning Finals MVP was extremely close to happening.

Just something to think about this evening.

Enjoy the evening peeps, time to hunt for a pick up game.

I know what you mean about thinking about the C's too much.  ;)

I have thought that each of our big three could have been MVP this year of something. I wonder if any team has ever done that? That would be pretty cool.

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 07:44:57 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Chris Paul deserved Regular season MVP. He got robbed not KG. I understand KG was great for this amazing team, but Chris Paul really helped the Hornets over-achieve(by alot), IMO. Putting up 23 and 12 along with the best record would've made him a lock for MVP.

Ray was no doubt the All-star game MVP he got robbed. Watching the All-star game you could tell Lebron was padding his stats while Ray actually went out and won the game.

Your right we were pretty close to a clean sweep, but 1 out of 3 isn't so bad when it's the finals MVP your winning.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 08:10:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
KG didnt deserve it, but neither did kobe.

Chris paul was the Regular season MVP.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
kg was a possible mvp, but i can understand why he didnt get it.  i think cp3 was more deserving than kobe tho.

ray ray absolutely lit it up the last qtr of the all star game, but i agree with lbj winning it.  he nearly had a triple double and was productive throughout the game, not just a qtr.  i wash ray ray won it tho.