Author Topic: Have we officially turned the corner and back in business ? We are killing teams  (Read 8994 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
We are dismantling teams left and right. I remember the 08 championship team would regularly do this to other teams like the nets... beat them by like 40 pts

Yes I know we only beat the bulls and etc but those bad teams were beating us earlier in the season

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Yes. I see it as the "circle of life". Get blown out at home to the Knicks (our "rock bottom" moment), then win 4 of our next 5, and then come back to return the favor against the Knicks about 2 weeks later. Then we follow it up with the huge win last night. Obviously there's still work to do and things to fix, but we've turned the corner IMO.

The 12/21 game against MIL and Christmas Day game against PHI will be big tests and probably a good measuring stick overall, but we did beat them each earlier in the season.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Just as we said let's give it some time when we were losing those games and thought the world was ending, so should we give this nascent revival some time to see if it has legs. I think it does, but consistency is earned over a period of time.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They definitely look like they've figured out some things with the rotation and they're hitting a groove.

Let's wait and see though.

They have 7 games before Christmas, only one of which is against a top team (MIL).

If they're sitting at 19-20 wins on Christmas day, I'll feel OK about where they're at.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
this could still go south on us, injuries could change everything.

personally, this season is all about brad stevens. I think if he didn't insist on including hayward in the starting line up we wouldn't quite be in the hole we are. anything less than a finals appearance imo is a failure and that'll be on stevens.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Just as we said let's give it some time when we were losing those games and thought the world was ending, so should we give this nascent revival some time to see if it has legs. I think it does, but consistency is earned over a period of time.

This. 5 straight wins feels good and obviously the win last night was impressive for a number of reasons, regardless of the opponent, but we won't know anything for sure until it's actually happened.

Great signs right now, though.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Every Brad Stevens team has started off slow and then hit their stride after Thanksgiving. Nothing different this year, Anyone trying to come up with theories about Hayward, Jaylen, Rozier, etc. are wasting their time. This is how Stevens operates. He tests lineups, mixes and matches groups of players on the floor and rotations, accumulates data, and then comes up with the right formula. Same thing this season.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Every Brad Stevens team has started off slow and then hit their stride after Thanksgiving. Nothing different this year, Anyone trying to come up with theories about Hayward, Jaylen, Rozier, etc. are wasting their time. This is how Stevens operates. He tests lineups, mixes and matches groups of players on the floor and rotations, accumulates data, and then comes up with the right formula. Same thing this season.
i think Stevens injects something in the team turkey  during thanksgiving

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
We are looking unstoppable

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
i think Stevens injects something in the team turkey  during thanksgiving

yeah he did that he also put a couple of bulldogs in the starting lineup and a couple of finesse players on the 'green team' .... we have two starting lineups I do not buy this bench stuff. Y9ou have to let the players know that they have their roles. everyone is off the bench at some point.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
not impress yet..beating teams like New York and Chicago is not like beating Toronto and Warriors..we should beat those bad teams
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
not impress yet..beating teams like New York and Chicago is not like beating Toronto and Warriors..we should beat those bad teams

we were down 20 to this same knicks team 2 weeks ago....so the eye test tells me yes we are back in business.

we weren't beating those bad teams before

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

This has been mostly true...except last year when we reeled off 16 straight after losing Hayward. What's more interesting is that last year's team was so vastly different than the 2016-17 team. Our team this year is essentially the same as last year, but with Hayward. It really doesn't make any sense really.

Anyway, yeah, we really are killing teams and it is awesome! I know the competition hasn't been all that stiff, but as others have mentioned, we were losing against some of these teams earlier in the year.

Btw, I don't think it is all due to Smart and Morris in the starting line-up. Baynes and Brown started all last year and we were a fantastic team. I am glad to see Brown killing it since his return, though.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
not ready to say we turned the corner yet.  if we play like this for the next 15 games, then we probably have.  for now, I'm just excited to see this team play this level of ball instead of that garbage they played the beginning of the season

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'd say we've already reached the top.  To be honest, why can't we win the Western conference this year?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC