Author Topic: IT coming back early?  (Read 10892 times)

IT coming back early?
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:27:37 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Videos out oh him shooting from three,jump rope and doing drills before games--He sure can still shoot-these videos are new-Not only happy for him and i'm glad he plays for another team because Isaiah going against bigs would give me a heart attack
Isaiah gifted us last year-i am a Kyrie guy now
IF only Isaiah had not kept up the Brinks truck routine, it was those flip flops that really turned me.
Next question ,how is the Cavs defense going to cover for him ?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:43:30 AM by rollie mass »

Re: IT coming back early?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 11:30:35 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
When we play against CLE with IT out there it's going to be an emotional time for him.

I hope we're ready.

I expect him to bring his BEST games against us.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:38:08 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I look forward to seeing The Little Guy prove the naysayers wrong again.  Let's see if he and LeBron can find a way to make things more difficult for GSW in the Finals.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 11:40:38 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
makes it look like the Cavs exaggerated all of IT's issues to get an extra asset from the trade

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 11:42:05 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
makes it look like the Cavs exaggerated all of IT's issues to get an extra asset from the trade

Yeah, I stated this like 10x too.  There was never an indication otherwise, and made the most sense.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 11:45:18 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I look forward to seeing The Little Guy prove the naysayers wrong again.  Let's see if he and LeBron can find a way to make things more difficult for GSW in the Finals.

Legit question for you considering your firm anti-Kyrie stance....

Would you rather the Celtics beat the Cavs in the playoffs and Irving absolutely annihilates the Cavs or the Cavs beat the Celtics in the playoffs and Thomas has an epic series, while Irving struggles badly?

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 12:22:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Would you rather the Celtics beat the Cavs in the playoffs and Irving absolutely annihilates the Cavs or the Cavs beat the Celtics in the playoffs and Thomas has an epic series, while Irving struggles badly?

I think a month ago someone asked him this similar question and he chose the Cavs winning lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 12:55:58 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Very possible, but lets see the IT as a on-court product first before making the call.
Also this newspapers job of sending good-vibes every now and then, doesn't help him jump higher or recover faster. It just seems like LeBron's media is trying not to lose too many fans/bandwagoner's and faith so early in the season, since as they play like...sh..Lebrons hairline.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 01:02:51 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

I think a month ago someone asked him this similar question and he chose the Cavs winning lol.

Seriously???
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 01:16:27 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

That can't be true haha...he must have been trolling us.

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 01:32:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

That can't be true haha...he must have been trolling us.

Lol tbh I think he's been trolling us all this time.

That being said I know for a fact he didn't like the trade (I didn't either) but he had even stronger feelings about disliking it  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 08:31:47 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
With the way, IT plays the game on an 82 game schedule. it's only a matter of time before he is knocked to the floor or falls on that hip and comes up limping. As he ages it will be a continual concern.

No team will sign him to a max deal even if he comes back 100%...the odds of him being healthy long term just are not very good.

A case can be made that he avoided surgery to continue to gain leverage over the Celtic organization as he tried to maneuver a max deal. He knew the hip as damaged, and wanted to get it operated on with a max deal to rest his head on. That's why he continued to play on it injured. 

Taking the symbolism and emotion out of the equation, the truth is we're much better set for the future with Irving.

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 08:52:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Is he running yet?

I'm skeptical he's going to return early till we hear reports of him running up and down the court.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:05:09 PM by Fafnir »

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Would it be that crazy to choose the latter? I don't think we have nearly enough to get past GSW this season anyway, but suspect we will be challenging for the Finals as soon as next season and for several years to come.  So in that scenario, every one wins in my book.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 09:04:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
His hip is spaghetti. He has always been able to shoot