Author Topic: Favorite Italian restaurant in Boston?  (Read 14896 times)

Re: Favorite Italian restaurant in Boston?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 01:10:06 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
i went to Strega last night with my gf for restaurant week. Thought it was pretty good. Waiter didn't seem too excited that we were ordering off of that menu but it was still good and I'd definitely go back.

Damianos, I think thats how it is spelled is pretty good on Hanover. It is Italian style tapas. My only beef with that place is that they are fairly expensive small plates for very little food. If money isn't an issue I would definitely recommend it

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 06:49:28 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
So where'd you end up going, Roy?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So where'd you end up going, Roy?

The anniversary isn't until 4/23; I'm just trying to plan ahead of time. 

I'm still weighing my options.  Lots and lots of great suggestions, which fits in with the "it's hard to find bad Italian in the North End" reputation (although that's not always true, of course).

I'm ideally trying to keep my budget around $150 for dinner, and am trying to find something nice, but "traditional".  My wife tends to like red sauces (although sometimes white); she's a chicken parm type of girl (although on our honeymoon to Italy she did just fine).  Seafood-heavy places are also something I'm steering clear of, just because it's not a personal favorite.

That said, I'm weighing four or five places right now.  I thank everybody for the suggestions, and I'll reward everybody with TPs soon.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »

Offline jsilva982

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11

I second the original post below.  Fiore is AMAZING.  Went there before the Celts game on NYE and went there again last week for my birthday when I was visiting Boston (no longer live in the area).  Don't forget to stop by Modern Pastry or Mike's Pastries and cash in on some great cannoli

The North End's Fiore is a great option, especially if their roof deck is open:

Review: http://dishthisboston.blogspot.com/2009/02/ristorante-fiore-in-north-end.html

I haven't been in a couple years, but it was excellent the last time I was there.

FYI -- Being a rich lawyer will be help at this place.  

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 09:18:23 PM »

Offline jsilva982

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
If she likes red sauce dishes (chicken parm is one of my go to's as well) I'd suggest this at Fiore:

Tagliatelle alla Matriciana   17
Tagliatelle pasta tossed with sautéed house-cured bacon, onions, white wine and fresh tomato sauce

It is an amazing dish.

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 09:21:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If she likes red sauce dishes (chicken parm is one of my go to's as well) I'd suggest this at Fiore:

Tagliatelle alla Matriciana   17
Tagliatelle pasta tossed with sautéed house-cured bacon, onions, white wine and fresh tomato sauce

It is an amazing dish.

Yeah, we both well in love with amatriciana while in Rome.  Neither of us had had it before, and it is absolutely fantastic (although there are lots of different variations, some with onions, some with red pepper, etc.)  It's great stuff.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes