Author Topic: Jazz (39-22) at Celtics (42-19) Game #62 3/6/20  (Read 31501 times)

Re: Jazz (39-22) at Celtics (42-19) Game #62 3/6/20
« Reply #345 on: March 07, 2020, 12:16:52 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
People complain about the bench, but we have a very solid 8 man rotation with Smart, Kanter and Semi as bench contributors. Once the playoffs start, that 8 man lineup with a bit of Williams boys sprinkled in will be just fine.

If that rotation can't win the title, no amount of Danny wheeling and dealing before the trade deadline was going to keep us under the tax this year and make the bench or top 7 players significantly better.

Actually, can someone point out to me the last time a title contender traded for an end of rotation player that was a difference maker to that team winning the title.

I’m skeptical about Kanter, he just has not been good for a while. Not sure if it’s a lingering injury. Looks awful on D and not able to score or even rebound on O. I expect Rob Williams to take most of his minutes in the playoff rotation. Just injects more energy and presence.
That's what I noticed and I believe it's the hip injury or whatever it was. Just look at him running amd you'll understand. He's not completely healed.

Re: Jazz (39-22) at Celtics (42-19) Game #62 3/6/20
« Reply #346 on: March 07, 2020, 12:24:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Once the playoffs start, that 8 man lineup with a bit of Williams boys sprinkled in will be just fine.

While I agree it will be better when the rotation tightens.   How could anyone be enthusiastic about Grant Williams performance last game?  I feel like we are getting a bill of sale without the goods when I hear the hype on him.

The injury big finally caught up with us.