Author Topic: Jazz (39-22) at Celtics (42-19) Game #62 3/6/20  (Read 31663 times)

Re: Jazz (39-22) at Celtics (42-19) Game #62 3/6/20
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2020, 09:08:40 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
This team is going nowhere if they can’t stay healthy... huge drop off between 1-6 and everyone else. Semi is improving, other players on the bench can make plays, but you can’t rely on them for stretches. The NBA is wide open I for the life of me still can’t figure out how DA decided to just let the deadline and buyout market pass him by this year...

I know people have been saying this to these sorts of statements around here for a while, but I'll just repeat it:

Who should he have gotten, and what should he have given up to get them?

I wouldve dropped Green and gotten somebody with experience from the buyout. Its not easy due to competition, but I am guessing we couldve had some of these guys if we had an offer.

Im guessing Ainge is reluctant to part ways with someone because 1) it might not be a difference 2) might mess up chemistry and 3) we might not get our target and end up costing a body.

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
This team is going nowhere if they can’t stay healthy... huge drop off between 1-6 and everyone else. Semi is improving, other players on the bench can make plays, but you can’t rely on them for stretches. The NBA is wide open I for the life of me still can’t figure out how DA decided to just let the deadline and buyout market pass him by this year...

I know people have been saying this to these sorts of statements around here for a while, but I'll just repeat it:

I wouldve dropped Green and gotten somebody with experience from the buyout. Its not easy due to competition, but I am guessing we couldve had some of these guys if we had an offer.

Im guessing Ainge is reluctant to part ways with someone because 1) it might not be a difference 2) might mess up chemistry and 3) we might not get our target and end up costing a body.

VP is also basically dead weight and never plays. That's two spots right there.

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2020, 09:13:13 PM »

Offline RJD1974

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 47

That's fair - however, we don't know for certain that they weren't active, or simply struck out. There were more than a few whispers that they were interested in Marvin Williams, but he ended up signing with the Bucks. If their targets decided to go elsewhere, then I don't blame them for standing pat instead of signing someone just to sign them.

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2020, 09:14:00 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
What bothers me the most is how the bench looks no better than the first game of the season. Guys like Kanter are basically bodies on the floor right now.
I think individually they look better except for Kanter who seems to have completely lost his touch around the basket and is now unable to sniff an offensive rebound.
-GWill is definitely better than in his first game.
-Wanamaker's better (remember, he's supposed to be our 3rd stringer)
-Langford's actually healthy and able to contribute on D at least.
-Semi is better on D and his shot is falling lately
-Smart has tailed off a bit the past few games -- head's just not in the game.
-Timelord is finally healthy enough to get some minutes.

What's gone wrong is the starters can't stay healthy so we can't keep 2 of our 4 best players on the court with the bench players at all times.

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2020, 09:15:30 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214

But with the spots and the $$'s that free up, there was nobody out there that realistically would've moved the needle. We were nothing more than an outside shot to win it all this year, so why not roll with the roster we have, see which end of the rotation guys show enough to keep on, then address it in the off season.

Pretty sure nobody expected us to be 42-19, and definitely sure nobody expected it if you saw the injuries we have had.

« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2020, 09:17:01 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

VP is guaranteed money next season so Im guessing that's not an option or else we wouldve dropped him weeks ago.

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2020, 09:17:57 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
What bothers me the most is how the bench looks no better than the first game of the season. Guys like Kanter are basically bodies on the floor right now.
I think individually they look better except for Kanter who seems to have completely lost his touch around the basket and is now unable to sniff an offensive rebound.

What's gone wrong is the starters can't stay healthy so we can't keep 2 of our 4 best players on the court with the bench players at all times.

How many of those guys can you count on to give if 10+ points in the playoffs if needed? Please don’t say Semi either.

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2020, 09:19:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Conely was out  of bounds!!!!!

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2020, 09:19:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
good pass by Kemba

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2020, 09:20:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
There you go C's

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2020, 09:20:38 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997
Nice mini run.  The big concern obviously is what will happen when our bench players come in.

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2020, 09:21:07 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Good little sequence here.

Keep playing hard.

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2020, 09:22:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Keep up the intensity, guys!

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2020, 09:22:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Nice mini run.  The big concern obviously is what will happen when our bench players come in.

It's a scary thought.

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2020, 09:22:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

How many of those guys can you count on to give if 10+ points in the playoffs if needed? Please don’t say Semi either.
I'm not saying any would.  My point is that while I agree our bench is not the best, I don't agree that they're worse than they were at the start of the season.   I don't see this as the title season so going all in to improve the bench would have cost one of our top 6 players and that defeats the purpose of adding to that core to push the team to contention.   

However, if we have a healthy team, Smart and Kanter should be able to provide 10 points each off the bench.