Author Topic: Lakers favorites to win 2020 NBA Championship  (Read 3691 times)

Re: Lakers favorites to win 2020 NBA Championship
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 10:21:23 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
How do I get in on booking this action?

I would eat as much LA action as I could, up to half of my net worth.

And I’m not joking.

Wow, The LeToxic mystique!

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 10:23:51 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
The odds makers (or at least the gamblers) think that Davis is going to the Lakers, but that makes the C's at 12-1 very strange since no Davis probably means no Irving and there is no way Boston wins a title next year in that scenario.

Yeah, the Cs are 5th most likely to win it all - which is crazy. I suppose with MIL and TOR in front of them, they are still expected to go out in the 2nd round, but without AD and Kyrie, I am not sure what the odds makers are thinking.

I imagine the oddsmakers are having a bet each way that one of Kyrie or AD will be on the team. If neither are, expect our odds to plummet.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 11:06:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The odds makers (or at least the gamblers) think that Davis is going to the Lakers, but that makes the C's at 12-1 very strange since no Davis probably means no Irving and there is no way Boston wins a title next year in that scenario.

Yeah, the Cs are 5th most likely to win it all - which is crazy. I suppose with MIL and TOR in front of them, they are still expected to go out in the 2nd round, but without AD and Kyrie, I am not sure what the odds makers are thinking.

I imagine the oddsmakers are having a bet each way that one of Kyrie or AD will be on the team. If neither are, expect our odds to plummet.

why would Kyrie move the needle?

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 11:51:20 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm guessing that the oddmakers are bullish on Brown/Tatum developing and Hayward bouncing back. Come to think of it, the Celtics could have 4 All-Star level players if Brown and Tatum make the leap, Hayward returns to his Utah form and Horford continues to age gracefully.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 11:36:19 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'm guessing that the oddmakers are bullish on Brown/Tatum developing and Hayward bouncing back. Come to think of it, the Celtics could have 4 All-Star level players if Brown and Tatum make the leap, Hayward returns to his Utah form and Horford continues to age gracefully.
Very funny. How do you go from ZERO all-stars to 4 without a trade?

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 11:38:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Who else is ready for Dwight Howard and Steve Nash Lakers 2.0
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 11:43:55 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

This has to be the mentality of most fans throughout the league - not just Cs fans.

But, in reality, the Lakers really have to blow it to not win the championship - especially with what just happened with GSW. They will likely be adding another max guy. It's just the Lakers way - clear cap space and sign whoever the want.

Maybe we should just move all the NBA franchises to NY and LA - 15 teams each. That way teams would actually have to be run well as the players would already be in the market in which they want to play..

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 11:50:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

This has to be the mentality of most fans throughout the league - not just Cs fans.

But, in reality, the Lakers really have to blow it to not win the championship - especially with what just happened with GSW. They will likely be adding another max guy. It's just the Lakers way - clear cap space and sign whoever the want.

Maybe we should just move all the NBA franchises to NY and LA - 15 teams each. That way teams would actually have to be run well as the players would already be in the market in which they want to play..
I dunno, I really am dubious about the Lakers chances considering they have no team, let alone no bench. With an ageing LeBron and an injury-prone big-man in Davis who knows. We saw how derailed Golden State and Houston have become after key injuries, and LA currently have considerably less depth than both those squads.

Lol, wouldn't that be sad
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 12:24:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm just curious to see how they fill out the rest of their roster.

They currently have only 5 guys under contract for next season (LBJ, AD, Wagner, Bonga, Kuzma)

I'm not doubting they can add another star + fill it with good depth, they absolutely can. But I'm curious to see who specifically they add. I remember thinking last season they would add a ton of shooters but they didn't (instead added Lance, Rondo, etc.)

I think their best bet at the 3rd star is Butler or Cousins (if you consider him that). I think Kyrie will still go either NY or BKN. Kemba likely stays. And the other big names (Kawhi, KD, etc.) I never thought would be heading to LA even if they traded for AD beforehand.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 01:02:58 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

They currently have only 5 guys under contract for next season (LBJ, AD, Wagner, Bonga, Kuzma)

I'm not doubting they can add another star + fill it with good depth, they absolutely can. But I'm curious to see who specifically they add. I remember thinking last season they would add a ton of shooters but they didn't (instead added Lance, Rondo, etc.)

I think their best bet at the 3rd star is Butler or Cousins (if you consider him that). I think Kyrie will still go either NY or BKN. Kemba likely stays. And the other big names (Kawhi, KD, etc.) I never thought would be heading to LA even if they traded for AD beforehand.
It is sounding like they won't have cap space for a 30%Max player like Butler.  Cousins is going to be a lot cheaper but do they really want him.  Lebron, AD and Kuzma have the bigs addressed.  They need guards and wings. 

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 03:49:18 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

It's on the defensive side of the ball that they're going to have problem, particularly since LeBum is such a poor defender now. Offensively they'll figure out how to get points with those two.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 04:08:18 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
The league can have their fake super-team. They can take their fake lottery and tiebreakers and shove it. I'm done watching any game aside from the Celtics. i also am done watching anything on ESPN or TNT in general.

Main reason is that I'm not a masochist, and this corrupt league does not deserve my time. It's too bad they treat the most storied franchise in the sport and its fans like trash.

Vote with your dollars (and your eyes), people. This league does not deserve our fandom.