0 (0%)
Perry
0 (0%)
Taylor
1 (20%)
White
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Who are we drafting from these set of players  (Read 857 times)

Who are we drafting from these set of players
« on: June 21, 2012, 11:36:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If available there will also be considerations for Terrence Jones, Moe Harkless and maybe Will Barton? on top of getting lucky and having a guy like Arnett Moultrie drop to us.

But if everything goes accordingly I see two of the 5 list of guys listed above that will be drafted 21 and 22 to us.

With Jeff Green possibly not and Paul Pierce possibly getting traded, we will be really hurting at the sf position. Even if PP doesn`t go anywhere, we need a nice young backup to take over his spot eventually.

So picking a sf , is high on priority. Luckily there will be a few excellent ones in Taylor and White.

Same can be said about the PF position. Who knows what is going to happen with KG, and the jury is out on JJJ thus far. (projected to be a bench player)

Personally I think we are in a great position to just sit back and choose the best avail. Whatever nice players drop to us.

Sullinger: Zach Randolph comparisons are good. Doesn`t play pretty but gets the job done. Could be a 18-10 guy one day. Worries about his back and ability to be effective vs taller players

Nicholson: As crazy at it sounds, he has some KG in his game. Minus athleticism and 2 inches in height, he plays with intensity, looks confident, and with new found shooting range has a complete inside and out game. Blocks quite a bit of shots and rebounding potential is there. Â He had all around stats, carried his team on his back and excelled in the playoffs. I feel he prob won`t be avail when we get to choose

Perry : 6`11 sf with out of this world athleticism is very rare. Running, jumping, twisting his body to get balls in, its quite a sight to see. But with all of this physical tools, he has put together a mediocre year. He is passive when he needs to be aggressive and intense. Def a risk player to choose. Could one day put it all together, and be like a lebron james like force or be a passive dud like Julien Wright.

Jeff Taylor: Kind of reminds me of a taller, better shooting and not as good penetrating Tony Allen. Defense is superb and would fit right in with what the celtics like to do on the backend. Can shoot, finish with fury on the fast break and still has potential to develop his game. Like a Avery Bradley for the SF position, you probably couldn`t rely on him to take over a game and score points when you needed most. Safe pick

Royce White: Outside of his Anxiety issue, what worries me most about white is, how he will play without the ball in his hands as much. He was literally the pg for his college team this year. Pg`s would be asking for the ball with him frequently just shoowing them away starting from the backcourt. Maybe in the nba, he will understand his role better. Has a similiar game and size to our Pierce, minus the shooting, but better at the post. Just like Nicholson, carried his team on his back, stats everywhere and excelled at the tourney. Could be gone by the time we pick

My personal picks or ranking would be

1. Nicholson
2. Taylor
3. White
4. Perry
5. Sullinger

Very good chance Taylor is there when we pick, and the rest at least one or two should be there depending on how other teams pick.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 07:18:41 AM by triboy16f »