Author Topic: Celtics Individual Tix - Price Hike for Premium Games?  (Read 8507 times)

Re: Celtics Individual Tix - Price Hike for Premium Games?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 12:26:51 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Yea. Rookie mistake by me to try for the Lakers first. I tried for that Portland Friday night game also.

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
For those of you who have missed out on tickets, I have a feeling that the market will be flooded with tickets for some of the lesser games this season, meaning you will likely be able to buy tickets from season ticket holders from close to face value (which is absolutely significantly cheaper than face value for individual game tickets...especially if there is no service fee). 

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 12:42:11 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
After seeing the prices, 3 ticket max, etc. for the general public for this season, I am so thankful I joined the ranks of the season ticket holders this summer.  I knew it would be the only way to see the Lakers, Cavs, playoffs, etc. without paying double the face value for a seat.

And as Chris just posted, you will still be able to get some non-premier game tickets for a reasonable price through other channels.  It's all about supply and demand, a Tuesday night game against the Bucks you can probably get at close to face value...a Sunday matinee with the Lakers, not so much.

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
After seeing the prices, 3 ticket max, etc. for the general public for this season, I am so thankful I joined the ranks of the season ticket holders this summer.  I knew it would be the only way to see the Lakers, Cavs, playoffs, etc. without paying double the face value for a seat.

And as Chris just posted, you will still be able to get some non-premier game tickets for a reasonable price through other channels.  It's all about supply and demand, a Tuesday night game against the Bucks you can probably get at close to face value...a Sunday matinee with the Lakers, not so much.

Heck, you will probably be able to get a tuesday night game against the bucks at less than face value if you wait long enough.

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
Thumbs down to whoever made the decision to not sell tickets in advance to people waiting outside of the Garden this morning.

Last year they did a raffle and tickets went on sale an hour earlier there then it did on the internet and phones. This year there was no pre-sale at the Garden and people who were waiting outside at 7:00am or earlier were left scrambling for any kind of tickets- many of them left with nothing.

Would it have killed one of the suits working for the Celtics to let the public know that they were wasting their time waiting outside? At least let the security guards know so they can tell them.

There were about 200 diehard fans who were very dissapointed leaving the Garden today, and if you didn't already know, I was one of them...

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 11:17:03 AM »

Offline Greeny

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
  • LETS DO IT AGAIN!
I have had season tix for the last 3 years on the floor.
I was looking forward to buying more tickets to some of the "premium" games, BUT I saw that the prices doubled.
I was about to get 2 balcony seats in the corner/endzone, row 8 for $225, but then I saw cheaper seats on eBay.

This was the same for additional seats for the playoffs.
Ticketmaster controls all of the extra tickets and charge double and fees.

What is the point of season tickets or Club Green if we pay public prices?

Thats BS that the fans that went to the Garden didn't get 1st dibs.
Last year after a playoff game, people could buy tickets for the next game if it became available.
Are the Celtics brass getting FAT?
I think they forgot 4 years ago that they needed cheerleaders and "Lucky" to entertain people since the team was horrible.
GOT MILK FANS?

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Thumbs down to whoever made the decision to not sell tickets in advance to people waiting outside of the Garden this morning.

Last year they did a raffle and tickets went on sale an hour earlier there then it did on the internet and phones. This year there was no pre-sale at the Garden and people who were waiting outside at 7:00am or earlier were left scrambling for any kind of tickets- many of them left with nothing.

Would it have killed one of the suits working for the Celtics to let the public know that they were wasting their time waiting outside? At least let the security guards know so they can tell them.

There were about 200 diehard fans who were very dissapointed leaving the Garden today, and if you didn't already know, I was one of them...

That does sound frustrating, but if there was no actual announcement of a presale at the doors, I don't blame the team for not going out of their way to publically announce there would NOT be one.  In fact, I think there is a good argument for there not to be a presale for those who show up at the Garden given the high demand.  It makes it easier for those who are not able to get to Boston/come in late for work to have a fair shot at getting the tickets.

Are the Celtics brass getting FAT?
I think they forgot 4 years ago that they needed cheerleaders and "Lucky" to entertain people since the team was horrible.
GOT MILK FANS?

I think you are forgetting just how much money ownership is putting into this team compared to 4 years ago.  And considering they can't make some of the money other teams can make who own their own building, I do not think they are getting "fat", I think they are putting the money directly back into the product.

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 11:46:20 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Well I ended up getting 4 seats so my friends could come up from CT and go to a game against he Magic on Nov. 20th.  Got them from Vividseats.com

Vividseats seemed to be the cheapest but had fees for buying and shipping costs
Acetickets were a little higher in price but there are no fees and you can pick them up for free.
Seatkarma.com is a nice site it has tickets and prices from multiple ticket agencies (but not all of them).

But overall I'm disappointed with how the C's dealt with selling the tickets to hear.  I was thinking about going to the Garden and taking off work, I'm glad I didn't, sorry to hear about you being disappointed, Jimmy.