Author Topic: Celtics Individual Tix - Price Hike for Premium Games?  (Read 8505 times)

Celtics Individual Tix - Price Hike for Premium Games?
« on: August 25, 2009, 08:57:53 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
I purchased some tickets with my Club Green Rookie membership today through the presale.  I'm not sure if it was just because limited tickets were available through the presale, but have the Celtics changed their ticket pricing structure so that certain games are more expensive then others?  I had read that the Lakers put a premium on games a year or 2 ago, but I thought at the time Wyc said the Celtics were not going to follow.

I went in to get tickets and for the Lakers game, the Price levels were $10 seats, and then next level up is $96!  I was able to score 2 $96 seats, but they are in section 311 (corner balcony) way back up top.  I'm not complaining at all since I was lucky to get them, but it definitely looks like some games are more expensive then others.  I never remember seeing that before, except for Playoff games.

Anyone else notice this as well?  Some other games I see different price levels in between $10 and $96.

At first I thought this may be just because limited tickets are available through the presale, and that on Thursday for the general sale other price levels will be there.  But thinking about it again, since my $96 tickets are pretty high up, I have a feeling that they did make some pricing changes.

Is this feeling the effects of being over the luxury tax and not winning a championship last year? Probably not exactly but I was hoping this wasn't going to happen.

~J

Re: Celtics Individual Tix - Price Hike for Premium Games?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 09:08:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I am pretty sure they did the same thing last year.  I think this is just the reality of today's NBA.  I think many teams are doing this, and the rest probably will be sooner or later.

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 09:26:05 PM »

Offline NBAJ2K

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
If they did, I may not have realized it since I didn't buy as many individual games, and the ones I did weren't the higher profiled opponents.  I had thought they had never done this before, but I could be wrong.

~J

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 11:11:21 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Seems like a good idea. The demand is so much higher for some games, makes sense for the team to get more money. The scalpers definitely will.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 11:14:18 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
My season tickets are available at 95$ per for select games  ;)
God bless and good night!

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 12:53:48 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
My season tickets are available at 95$ per for select games  ;)
And those are courtside, right Brick?   ;)

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 07:00:32 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Yea I was surprised to see the lowest tickets fro from $10 to $96.  IIRC last year the premium games cheapest seats went from $10 to $64ish.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 07:15:02 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Anyone know if they are still offering the mini 12 game package deals?  I haven't seen it advertised.

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 08:08:47 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
Anyone know if they are still offering the mini 12 game package deals?  I haven't seen it advertised.

I've seen 5 game packages.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 09:57:56 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
If they did, I may not have realized it since I didn't buy as many individual games, and the ones I did weren't the higher profiled opponents.  I had thought they had never done this before, but I could be wrong.

~J

It could also be possible seats in the balcony just weren't available for those games, or for Club Green holders.

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
I'm upset that even though individual tickets went onsale today the most you could purchase was 3 seats.  That is absurd, I can't get 4 tickets to a game through ticketmaster so I can have friends come up to see the Celtics for the first time?!?!

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Didn't get anything. Tried to get $10 for like 10 games, but none were available.

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 11:23:49 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I'm upset that even though individual tickets went onsale today the most you could purchase was 3 seats.  That is absurd, I can't get 4 tickets to a game through ticketmaster so I can have friends come up to see the Celtics for the first time?!?!

Yeah, I thought that was strange when I saw it, but thought it was just for the season ticket holders presale yesterday...didn't realize they would be doing it for the regular sale.  Has anyone heard any sort of explanation for that?  Maybe they are just trying to make it tougher for scalpers?

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
Didn't get anything. Tried to get $10 for like 10 games, but none were available.

For the Presale I got the $10 seats for the Thunder and Blazers.

Today I got the $10 seats for only the Clippers, Bucks, Warriors, Bobcats (3 Wed games, one Mon game).

Couldn't get anything better than that.

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 11:37:06 AM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76

For the Presale I got the $10 seats for the Thunder and Blazers.

Today I got the $10 seats for only the Clippers, Bucks, Warriors, Bobcats (3 Wed games, one Mon game).

Couldn't get anything better than that.
I got $10 seats for the Blazers and the Nuggets. Searched again a minute later and didn't find any other $10 tickets.