Author Topic: Brawl at Fenway  (Read 4427 times)

Brawl at Fenway
« on: June 05, 2008, 08:22:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I missed it.  Anyone see this?  Apparently Shields hit Crisp after Coco made a "dirty" slide.

There have been brawls between these two teams frequently in the past, but never with first place on the line.

Chris Carter's 2-for-2!

Yup

Re: Brawl at Fenway
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:39:28 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
Yup I saw it,,,it was pretty good.

Coco dodged a punch from Shields, matrix style and then landed a weak punch on Shields neck.

Then Navarro tackled Coco and Jonny Gomes, Carl Crawford, and Iwamura kept punching him when he was down.  There will most likely be some suspensions for Coco, Gomes, and Crawford.

What is more important is the scuffle betweek Youk and Manny in the dugout.  No clue what that was about
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:43:49 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
The radio was speculating that it might've been because Manny was slow to come out to defend Coco for the brawl.  Apparently he also didn't go out on the field to celebrate Lester's no hitter.  Things like this will bother such a high strung all for the team player like Youk.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 08:53:07 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 01:25:24 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Watching the replay on NESN right now ... just had the brawl, and man ... the Rays were just such girly-men! They held Crisp down while four guys piled on him and took turns punching him ... like 6-on-1. Yeah, I know Coco ran to the mound, but that's really low ... let Shields take care of his own battles, man! I can't say here what the Rays are, but I'm sure you can guess ... and Shields is a major wimp! Crisp would have cleaned his clock one-on-one. Stupid fight, but the Rays were the ones taking the "low-road" in this one!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 01:26:20 AM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
I love that coco is showing some sack.....
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 01:57:00 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

It is nice of him to show "some sack"  However probably not a good time for him to get a suspension, which his actions and words are definitely going to warrant.  Ellsbury and Manny are both fighting injuries (and in Manny's case his teammates as well) and it would be a nice time for Coco to get in the lineup consistently and get some at bats.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 02:15:18 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Watching the replay on NESN right now ... just had the brawl, and man ... the Rays were just such girly-men! They held Crisp down while four guys piled on him and took turns punching him ... like 6-on-1. Yeah, I know Coco ran to the mound, but that's really low ... let Shields take care of his own battles, man! I can't say here what the Rays are, but I'm sure you can guess ... and Shields is a major wimp! Crisp would have cleaned his clock one-on-one. Stupid fight, but the Rays were the ones taking the "low-road" in this one!

Good job by Rays. You can't let a batter go after your pitcher.

That was a pretty weak HBP to run at pitcher. The pitcher through at his legs.

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 02:31:44 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Good job by Rays. You can't let a batter go after your pitcher.

That was a pretty weak HBP to run at pitcher. The pitcher through at his legs.

Yeah ... great job, Rays ... 6-on-1 mugging of a Red Sox player ... takes a lot of cajones to do that! (Wimps) Don't get it ... why would a Boston fan praise a Tampa team for ganging up on a Red Sox player?!? Has loyalty gone the way of the Great Auk? This was a set-up for payback of a great play that Crisp made in a previous game, and a fast ball can break bones, no matter where you throw it!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 03:25:28 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 12:07:14 PM »

Offline Nerf MVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

It is nice of him to show "some sack"  However probably not a good time for him to get a suspension, which his actions and words are definitely going to warrant.  Ellsbury and Manny are both fighting injuries (and in Manny's case his teammates as well) and it would be a nice time for Coco to get in the lineup consistently and get some at bats.

This whole debacle indirectly cost Carter his roster spot for the time being. Moss up, Carter down. They had to do it. They're really thin in the OF at the moment, and I can't stomach watching Youk in RF for an extended period of time.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 05:36:52 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Coco just blew his chance for playing time.  Brilliant move.  Just because retaliation is inevitable doesn't mean Crisp needs to act on it.

Dumb dumb dumb.

It's also why the DH should be scrapped.  Notice that Clemens didn't do nearly as much of this throwing at batters crap when he was in the National league.  Neither does Pedro.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 05:44:06 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266

I agree here,nice idea but bad timing for doing it.TP for you!