Author Topic: Where’s Rollie Mass?  (Read 3983 times)

Where’s Rollie Mass?
« on: January 27, 2023, 02:07:23 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Noticed he has not been on here since April, so does anybody know if he’s ok? He is one of my favorite posters. Surprised he was not posting in May/June. Hope he’s ok.

Re: Where’s Rollie Mass?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 07:51:27 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I also hope he's all right, but I can say that the UK in general has been going through a pretty rough patch over the last few years, and the health services in specific are in a bit of a crisis, so it's quite possible that he isn't, unfortunately :(
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 10:03:24 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah I miss his posts too, hope he's doing well.

And apologies for hijacking this thread, but I also hope Nickagneta is doing well and hope he decides to return again to the forum
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 10:57:53 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

And apologies for hijacking this thread, but I also hope Nickagneta is doing well and hope he decides to return again to the forum

Agree on both Rollie and Nick.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2023, 11:07:19 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

The difference is that we kind of know where Nickagenta is.  Rollie has just gone dark which leads to some level of worry that maybe something happened.  It seems I recall seeing something from Rollie fairly recently, is that true?  But he definitely has not been engaged for some time at the same level he was in the past.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 12:30:15 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I was thinking about this recently as well. Always enjoyed his uplifting posts. You could tell how much he loved the Celtics and basketball in general. Do recall him saying that he grew up in Lexington, MA and played for Rollie Massimino(thus the user name) who coached the HS there back in the 60’s. I hope that he’s OK.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 12:57:12 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 12:41:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Hope he's alright. Love the CStrong community for keeping folks together and in touch.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2023, 02:42:24 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I've always assumed he was an older gentleman as he often refers to playing for a Young Rollie Massimino. His punctuation style always cracked me up because its something my dad would do if he was typing on a phone.
ok fine

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2023, 02:56:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No idea with rollie.  Looks like his last log in was April 28, 2022, 11:51:59 AM, and his last post was:

i Go way back to Cousy,Russell, Heinsohn Cowens Havlicek,,Parish ,Bird ,McHale ,Garnet,Pierce,Rondo.
Its been a long time since we had a drafted core of young players .Watching physical playoff basketball with the defense intensity.The fast breaks,forced errors and pushing the ball.The backdoor cuts, and ball movement the new coach has inspired.Now its Tatum moving his feet  with his length you can really see the effect that the little more effort brings.

The collection of young men.The DPOY to Marcus Smart as a point guard.Williams growing into a man and then hearing he wants to be called Batman  Horford during Grants interview 
 and call him Batman. Grant just broke out into a grin like a kid getting something.he always wanted.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2023, 11:20:37 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

The difference is that we kind of know where Nickagenta is. 

That was going to be my next question. Hopefully Nick is ok, too. Life is hard.

Also, I apparently forgot this area of the forum existed, so apologies for posting this originally in the wrong area. I just knew Rollie usually (always?) posted in the main Celtics area.