Author Topic: The race for the No1 seed  (Read 5269 times)

Re: The race for the No1 seed
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2023, 01:37:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3010
  • On To Banner 18!
The Celtics can definitely win it all from the 2 seed but if they wind up finishing the season 1 game behind Milwaukee, that Washington loss is going to start stinging all over again.

Or that Cavs game where GWill bricked both FTs when only 1 would be enough for a win (ugh)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2023, 02:49:35 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
The Celtics can definitely win it all from the 2 seed but if they wind up finishing the season 1 game behind Milwaukee, that Washington loss is going to start stinging all over again.

Basically- The three Orlando games, GWill Cavs game, the Rockets game, and the off night in Washington...games that we had no business losing to. Those will sting.

But last year the #2 seed in the East made it to the NBA Finals, so ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2023, 11:24:22 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1381
Every team has games that they look back and wish they could have had a mulligan on. But to me it's ultimately more important that they hit the playoffs as the best version of themselves. If they do then the seeding won't matter. If they are playing at their best I feel like they could win it all from the eighth seed if they had do. Remember Miami got to the finals in the bubble from the 6th or 7th seed if I recall correctly.

Being top seed is no good if you start playing terrible right as you get to the playoffs. Smacking Milwaukee may hopefully have introduced some doubts into their team, which might affect the level in which they are playing. That would be a bigger benefit than getting the No1 seed from them IMO.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2023, 11:59:19 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1242
Looks like it’s the #2 seed for us barring any major upsets on the Bucks. With the play in, the #7 seed is still a question mark…will it be Miami, Atlanta, Toronto? Even the Bulls can still sneak into that 7 vs 8 play in game.