Author Topic: Give me your last three roster spots for the Celtics  (Read 810 times)

Give me your last three roster spots for the Celtics
« on: September 26, 2022, 08:11:14 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I will go with

Layman
Vonleah
Jackson (if they keep 15. Think they leave that spot open for now).

Davidson sent to Maine

Luka lite and Valentine cut

Thomas sent to Maine.

Re: Give me your last three roster spots for the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 08:16:38 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'll say that Brad's three favorite dumpster dives are Vonleh, Jackson and Thomas.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 08:39:59 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Kabengele, Jackson, and someone who’s currently on another rean’s roster.  Samanic gets the 2-way Kabengele was promoted from.

EDIT: I’m still debating whether Kornet stays or Vonleh beats him out for a spot.

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 09:04:42 AM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
It's completely ridiculous we don't have another proven NBA big to eat minutes ala Theis, (even before Timelord got hurt).

During the season, we need a center (or 2) who is not Kornet or Grant Williams, to reduce the load on Rob (now gone) and Al.  Someone who will not get run over by Embid and larger centers is a plus.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 09:30:40 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
I expect that Vonleh especially, but also Samanic, have the inside track on roster spots because of the frontcourt injuries and Horford being 36. The last swingman spot is truly an open competition, but they're pretty much guaranteed to keep one of the bigs and I think they're likely to keep both.

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 10:30:18 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I actually see it as there being 4 roster spots up for grabs with Kornet 's contract not being all that much more guaranteed than the camp deal contracts.  The following are the options to fill those spots:

Luke Kornet
Noah Vonleh
Denzel Valentine
Luka Šamanić
Jake Layman
Justin Jackson
Brodric Thomas
A current FA Vet/Someone who is bought out
JD Davison (promoted 2-way)
Mfiondu Kabengele (promoted 2-way)

Due to the injuries to RWill and Gallinari, we have to keep at least 2 of Vonleh, Kornet, Vet Big FA.

The rest, I have no idea.  I would say that I am most intrigued by Luka Šamanić but have no idea what to expect.  Layman, Valentine, and Jackson, you know pretty much what they are and it isn't much.  And I don't expect either of the 2-ways to be promoted.  They either stay as 2-ways or get cut/sent to Portland.  Is Thomas coming to camp officially?  I am fine with him as the 14th or 15th slot.  He is more like Samanic in that it is more about potential than say Valentine or Jackson who kind of are what they are.  I don't mind seeing the 14th or 15th spot being used on potential.  So final answer (a mix of prediction and optimism).

Vonleh
Vet FA Big (Say Whiteside)
Thomas
Šamanić