Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 57388 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #570 on: September 24, 2022, 06:13:50 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Here's the thing, who's to say it was from his staff? Unless I'm missing someone, coaching staff is all male for example. If you go through the Front Office list, hard to place a finger on a female member that Udoka would have power over.

So, begs the question... who is considered under the "team staff" umbrella?

This is just an educated guess but perhaps it's Kathleen Nimmo-Lynch.

She's the team services manager, so she's under the parameters of 'team staff'. She would be working closely with the head coach as I found an article from 2018 referencing she was Brad Stevens' assistant.

I believe she's around 33-35 years old and looks quite pretty.

Individuals potentially involved shall not be named
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:54:27 PM by gouki88 »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #571 on: September 24, 2022, 06:19:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Here's the thing, who's to say it was from his staff? Unless I'm missing someone, coaching staff is all male for example. If you go through the Front Office list, hard to place a finger on a female member that Udoka would have power over.

Does it matter? Is it helpful to speculate?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:55:55 PM by gouki88 »
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #572 on: September 24, 2022, 06:33:55 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Every week I get an email from LinkedIn letting me know how many searches I appeared in that week.

So I wonder how much that number spiked for the women who work for the Celtics.  Like if they normally appear in 50 searches and it jumped to some insane number like 500,000 this week. 

Hopefully they can now laugh at it after the fact.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #573 on: September 24, 2022, 06:50:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Why is this obvious?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:56:11 PM by gouki88 »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #574 on: September 24, 2022, 07:20:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Stop. Just stop.

This speculation is awful and could be putting people in bad places in their homes and relationships.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:56:26 PM by gouki88 »

« Reply #575 on: September 24, 2022, 07:52:19 PM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
As fans we don't have access to all of the facts.  It's possible that the other party involved is not a woman. Everything is speculation and rumor.  If people are going to speculate on a potential woman, why not eligible men also.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:18:07 PM by Wretch »

« Reply #576 on: September 24, 2022, 08:09:35 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Why is this obvious?

I wouldn’t say obvious, but based on the information being released by TMZ and other media outlets it seems likely.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:58:27 PM by gouki88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #577 on: September 24, 2022, 08:24:53 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Does it matter? Is it helpful to speculate?
it does not matter. it is not helpful to speculate. it is not helpful to drag people's reputation and names through a sordid ringer. you are correct to bring these questions up.

speculate on the celtics all you want here. but to speculate on gossip and do so with only guesses is not appropriate here.

MODS:when kobe died we were not allowed to mention anything negative from his past. i accept that. please apply the same standard here. thanks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:58:41 PM by gouki88 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2022, 08:30:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Why is this obvious?

I wouldn’t say obvious, but based on the information being released by TMZ and other media outlets it seems likely.

Is any of that information reliable?  Are people just ripping people's lives apart based upon pure speculation / web sleuthing / outright lies?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:57:58 PM by gouki88 »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #579 on: September 24, 2022, 08:44:24 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Why is this obvious?

Is any of that information reliable?  Are people just ripping people's lives apart based upon pure speculation / web sleuthing / outright lies?

I don’t know, Roy. It’s a terrible situation. If it’s not true I hope she sues the Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. out of everyone.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:57:34 PM by gouki88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #580 on: September 24, 2022, 08:49:55 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Stop. Just stop.

This speculation is awful and could be putting people in bad places in their homes and relationships.

Seriously, this part of the thread should just be deleted.  It’s embarrassing at best, and slander at worst.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:57:08 PM by gouki88 »

« Reply #581 on: September 24, 2022, 08:53:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Agree with the sentiments of others - no future speculation on potential parties involved in this. I'm going to go back and remove mentions of names, but if I've missed some PM me / report the post.

I'm leaving the posts up so that they serve as a reminder that these are actually real people involved, and they are not even celebrities / public figures - i.e., no exposure to this kind of treatment.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:59:33 PM by gouki88 »
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #582 on: September 24, 2022, 09:39:18 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Another piece to this that hasn’t been mentioned is how this impacts the inclusion of Malcolm Brogdon into Celtics culture.  He is the only major player who had no experience with Ime. So whatever his teammates are dealing with, he is an outsider to the experience.  It will be interesting to see how he navigates his teammate role.

« Reply #583 on: September 24, 2022, 10:13:34 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

« Reply #584 on: September 25, 2022, 03:38:36 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/matt-barnes-clarifies-ime-udoka-211642740.html

how bad is this? yikes…

Well in one swoop Barnes says it’s 100 times uglier than originally thought and then “it’s a very common situation”.    He says rightly that it’s not his place to reveal the specifics, but chooses to fuel more speculation by the nature of his comments.

So Barnes could learn a lesson (he won’t) like don’t comment in the early, sketchy moments of a report so you don’t have to dial it back the next day. Or maybe he learns (he won’t) that in some circumstances it’s best to just remove the original post and stay quiet until those whose place it is to reveal go ahead and reveal. Instead, his comments make the scandal appear more salacious than presently thought without providing detail and thus further fuels the fire of speculation. 

I realize there are benefits to today’s instant media communications but the downside of instant gratification really outweighs the benefits in my opinion. The clock isn’t turning back though so it’s only social norms that will form future behavior  regarding knee-jerk access to the sharing of one’s thoughts and opinions with the world.  People ultimately have to be their own impulse control monitor on social media.  Probably not going to change.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 07:55:05 AM by Neurotic Guy »