Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 58920 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #540 on: September 23, 2022, 06:08:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The Celtics have to come clean about all this.
Who is the woman? Why isn't she being disciplined?
As Perk pointed out, not naming the woman just puts pressure on all the other women employees.
It also creates the impression women are immune from discipline. That it's always the man's fault.

The reports say "consensual." The woman should be equally disciplined.
I've also seen that she is married, though I don't trust media reports.
We do know Udeke is not married, but has had an on again off again relationship which has produced one child.

All of this, of course, should fall under the realm of private business.
I don't know how many teams have such archaic rules, but I know those that don't must be highly amused about all this.
It's naive to think that there isn't extensive co-mingling going on with male sports teams hiring so many women these days at every level.
No, they do not have to come clean about any of this. Your understanding of management principles is pretty off here. We have no right to know who she is, given the public nature of this. If there was a power imbalance (which seems impossible to avoid given his seniority), then there are absolutely no grounds to punish her on. Especially if she was the subject of unwanted advances / harassment
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #541 on: September 23, 2022, 06:19:12 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
I have it on Bill Simmons’s authority that there’s no women being disciplined because there’s no women involved. Coverups on coverups.

Oh. Is this not the baseless BS speculation thread?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #542 on: September 23, 2022, 06:21:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I have it on Bill Simmons’s authority that there’s no women being disciplined because there’s no women involved. Coverups on coverups.

Oh. Is this not the baseless BS speculation thread?
Your signature is more and more relatable by the day

« Reply #543 on: September 23, 2022, 06:22:18 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Gotta feel for these women around the organization. It's been toxic.
Amanda_Pflugrad
@Amanda_Pflugrad
·
30m
It’s time to speak up on this matter  and to my female coworkers, I see you and I am always here #womeninsports

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #544 on: September 23, 2022, 06:23:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
As Perk pointed out, not naming the woman just puts pressure on all the other women employees.
It also creates the impression women are immune from discipline. That it's always the man's fault.

We do know Udeke is not married, but has had an on again off again relationship which has produced one child.

I don't know how many teams have such archaic rules, but I know those that don't must be highly amused about all this.
It's naive to think that there isn't extensive co-mingling going on with male sports teams hiring so many women these days at every level.
No, they do not have to come clean about any of this. Your understanding of management principles is pretty off here. We have no right to know who she is, given the public nature of this. If there was a power imbalance (which seems impossible to avoid given his seniority), then there are absolutely no grounds to punish her on. Especially if she was the subject of unwanted advances / harassment
Also, since we don't know who she is, we have no idea if she was also punished, though it seems unlikely if it came down to her breaking it off and then him becoming an issue because of being rejected by her.

I could not care less who she is or if she was also punished.

I want to support everyone here until the full story comes out. We have to remember they are people with private lives and many will be affected by this, children even. So let's show a bit of empathy and understanding here. And patience.

And by God, let's stop with the speculation. Let these people work things out and let's not drag people into this that shouldn't be.

Those poor women who were speculated on, my goodness. Imagine the conversations they had to have in their homes later with significant others, simply because some idiots went into the Celtics personnel listings and started bringing their names into this.

Patience. The story will come. And if it doesn't, fine, let them all have their privacy.

« Reply #545 on: September 23, 2022, 06:28:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Amanda_Pflugrad
@Amanda_Pflugrad
·
30m
It’s time to speak up on this matter  and to my female coworkers, I see you and I am always here #womeninsports

The sad but oh so predictable outcome of the discussion that has surrounded this

« Reply #546 on: September 23, 2022, 06:59:55 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
Amanda_Pflugrad
@Amanda_Pflugrad
·
30m

The sad but oh so predictable outcome of the discussion that has surrounded this

That's why whomever leaked the story, and those that reported on it without apparent due diligence, are directly responsible for their distress.

When what was reported "was all consensual", there was no reason for an organization to go to these lengths not only to report on it, but to punish people for it. They'd be shooting themselves on the foot.

But what we've learned since than it's that may not be the case, far from it. That consensual may have been part of it, to a point, but other more serious crap went on.

« Reply #547 on: September 23, 2022, 07:03:35 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1381

We do know Udoka is not married, but has had an on again off again relationship which has produced one child.

I don't always agree with Tony Massarotti but he said something on Tony & Mazz today that I can agree with: why do people keep acting like Ime was punished for some office affair between consenting adults? This was not an office affair that he was punished for. It's conduct that was determined to be unwelcome by the recipient, which basically means harassment, and was punished accordingly. In any workplace in America that carries serious penalties including and up to dismissal so Ime can really count himself lucky. 

You may not trust the mainstream media so you probably also don't trust the Celtics when they hired an external law firm to do a review of the incidents (yes more than one from the same person) which came to that conclusion. And the Celtics have zero obligation to identify victims, just like any other company. Why should someone who has been victimized be identified? In fact if not for Ime being the coach of a sports team he may not have been identified at all, since the Celtics are a private organization. End of day people will believe what they want to believe, based on their own biases.

This is the damage that was done by whoever leaked the initial report to Woj at 11pm on Wed night, saying Ime was going to be punished, likely suspended, for a consensual relationship. Later on we find out it wasn't all consensual, and the team only stepped in when they found out it wasn't. And the team is between a rock and a hard place - they can't release more information, probably for legal reasons, and they certainly can't identify the victim, so the rumors and speculation and innuendo and salacious details (which may or may not be true) surround every woman that works for them. It's a very unfortunate situation, as these types of things always are.

All that said - I wouldn't be surprised if bits and pieces of the truth come out. I'm sure a number of people in the media already know, but are refraining from publishing, whether for fear of litigation or some moral code to not identify victims of harassment who knows. The thing is, those bits of truth will be mixed in with a whole lot of gossip and lies, and we just have to work out which is which.

But end of day there's really no point. The team has done an investigation, they've made a judgment, they've levied a punishment, and Ime has accepted the punishment. Those are ultimately the only facts that matter.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 07:10:02 PM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #548 on: September 23, 2022, 07:29:41 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 989

Also, since we don't know who she is, we have no idea if she was also punished, though it seems unlikely if it came down to her breaking it off and then him becoming an issue because of being rejected by her.

I want to support everyone here until the full story comes out. We have to remember they are people with private lives and many will be affected by this, children even. So let's show a bit of empathy and understanding here. And patience.

And by God, let's stop with the speculation. Let these people work things out and let's not drag people into this that shouldn't be.

Those poor women who were speculated on, my goodness. Imagine the conversations they had to have in their homes later with significant others, simply because some idiots went into the Celtics personnel listings and started bringing their names into this.

Patience. The story will come. And if it doesn't, fine, let them all have their privacy.

For what it’s worth, Wyc was explicit that Udoka was the only member of the organization who received any punishment.

« Reply #549 on: September 23, 2022, 07:35:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja

i agree nick. tp for being articulate on these points.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #550 on: September 23, 2022, 07:36:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

For what it’s worth, Wyc was explicit that Udoka was the only member of the organization who received any punishment.
Haven't been following too closely. I heard multiple violations. Didn't see the presser so missed the details like what you have here, so TP for that.

« Reply #551 on: September 23, 2022, 07:55:44 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Haven't been following too closely. I heard multiple violations. Didn't see the presser so missed the details like what you have here, so TP for that.

Yeah he said Multiple, it sounds like not all were necessarily consensual, but who knows, they weren't giving a lot out. To many rumors out there, if some were true, like peoples wives, that warrants harsh punishment. 

Brad seemed p---ed and disappointed. I think he even swore when talking about social media leaking false info about people involved.

I don't think they should say who and what exactly happened. Remember there are other people involved and they are already going through a lot, this would just add to it.

« Reply #552 on: September 23, 2022, 07:58:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Yeah he said Multiple, it sounds like not all were necessarily consensual, but who knows, they weren't giving a lot out. To many rumors out there, if some were true, like peoples wives, that warrants harsh punishment. 

Brad seemed p---ed and disappointed. I think he even swore when talking about social media leaking false info about people involved.

I don't think they should say who and what exactly happened. Remember there are other people involved and they are already going through a lot, this would just add to it.
Absolutely not. Can you imagine the torment the woman would be the victim of from online trolls?

« Reply #553 on: September 23, 2022, 08:02:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1554
TMZ is reporting that Udoka let Nia Long and their son move to Boston 2 weeks ago without telling her about the affair until a couple of days ago and only did so because he knew the story was about to break. That is a real scumbag move.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #554 on: September 23, 2022, 08:04:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
TMZ is reporting that Udoka let Nia Long and their son move to Boston 2 weeks ago without telling her about the affair until a couple of days ago and only did so because he knew the story was about to break. That is a real scumbag move.
Not that I want to engage with TMZ, but far out!