Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 58421 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #525 on: September 23, 2022, 04:14:04 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Not to derail the conversation and I understand there is a bigger interest on this story since we are all Celtics fans but I wonder what the national take is on all this. Is everybody else as intrigued as we are about this whole thing? Also, I also find it interesting that this is getting so much more attention than what Favre did which is a pretty deplorable thing.

If you don't know what Favre did, you are proving my point (of not receiving a lot of national attention) then go find out and be disgusted.

I would think that Favre, being a right wing guy might have something to do with minimizing the impact with a certain part of population. I don't think it necessarily deserves more air time but how much little it has received baffles me. People in my circle had no idea about it and they are pretty tuned to sports and general news.

The impression I've gotten on social media is that has overshadowed Favre. Not completely surprising considering this country's odd fascination with sex scandals.

Brett Favre is a scumbag, but he’s retired and no longer in the limelight, so the story isn’t getting the attention it should. Not surprised that a sex scandal involving the coach of a team that just made it to the finals, who is also married to a famous actress is going to garner more attention. That’s the world that we live in.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #526 on: September 23, 2022, 04:20:44 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
How all of a sudden did this turn into a bashing of the C’s by national people? There are people that know what happened outside the organization yet even they aren’t talking. People need to let this thing play out instead of trying to burn everyone involved at the stake. It’s obviously more messy than first reported.

« Reply #527 on: September 23, 2022, 05:09:34 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Interesting theory by Felger and Mazz

Udoka and his people leaked this to the media on Wednesday. Put the word out using the word “consensual”, to get people on his side early
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #528 on: September 23, 2022, 05:16:27 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379

Udoka and his people leaked this to the media on Wednesday. Put the word out using the word “consensual”, to get people on his side early

BS, if that happened, he'd be gone already....fired
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #529 on: September 23, 2022, 05:22:57 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Yeah, that would have absolutely been the last straw.

« Reply #530 on: September 23, 2022, 05:25:57 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
It's tough not to speculate, I get that but I really wish everyone would calm down and with the hot takes and judgement when we still know so little.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #531 on: September 23, 2022, 05:27:16 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
It's tough not to speculate, I get that but I really wish everyone would calm down and with the hot takes and judgement when we still know so little.

Agreed.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #532 on: September 23, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

Agreed.

Wyc himself confirmed today that Ime had multiple violations of team policies. It was not one incident.

"That investigation ended Wednesday and found a “volume of violations” of the team code of conduct, which led to the team’s suspension of Udoka."

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/09/23/celtics-investigation-of-udoka-found-multiple-violations-of-team-policy/

It fits with the reports that the Celtics lost trust in Ime.

« Reply #533 on: September 23, 2022, 05:35:12 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Agreed.

Wyc himself confirmed today that Ime had multiple violations of team policies. It was not one incident.

"That investigation ended Wednesday and found a “volume of violations” of the team code of conduct, which led to the team’s suspension of Udoka."

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2022/09/23/celtics-investigation-of-udoka-found-multiple-violations-of-team-policy/

It fits with the reports that the Celtics lost trust in Ime.
Volume is a pretty frightening word in this context
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #534 on: September 23, 2022, 05:44:24 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Why is it BS? The original report painted Ime in a better light and it provided the Celtics no benefit at all.  Also, if he leaked it there’s no way to know for sure, so the idea that he’d be fired for it makes no sense

« Reply #535 on: September 23, 2022, 05:48:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Why is it BS? The original report painted Ime in a better light and it provided the Celtics no benefit at all.  Also, if he leaked it there’s no way to know for sure, so the idea that he’d be fired for it makes no sense
But internal investigations had been ongoing anyway, the C's knew what was happening. If there was anything murky regarding the consensual aspects (which implies significant things) then I doubt we'd be here. Unwanted advances and non-consensual have very different implications.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #536 on: September 23, 2022, 05:49:44 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158

There was no evidence Ime leaked it, Wyc made it clear today he did not know where the leak came from and that he was not happy about it because of how it affected others, particularly the women in the office
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #537 on: September 23, 2022, 05:59:04 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

That's what I said some pages ago...

« Reply #538 on: September 23, 2022, 06:03:46 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

Agreed.

I'll say again that I think Wyc and Brad seem to have handled this well, at least from what I've seen. It sounds from their statements at the press conference that they acted with concern for all parties and they didn't rush to judgment. Even when there was leaked information, they took a breath (took some time) before responding impulsively.  In that 30 hour breath, there was an explosion of speculation and rumor generation.  They aren't responsible for that -- the people who rampantly speculated are responsible for that.  Those who decided it was good fun to start rumors, create conspiracy theories, and search Celtics organizational charts for female employees --  putting their names out to the public to suggest that they just might be the one involved with Ime.  None of the speculation is useful or necessary. But the naming of the women was the worst.  These women were unfairly treated.  Once the names are out in social media they are immediately suspected (frankly, just as unfair to the woman who was the one involved with Ime).
People who never heard of them now know their names as associated with this scandal.  I can't help wondering how many calls, texts, emails they received from eager media scumbags or from concerned/interested friends and family, or from busy-bodies who happen to have access to their cell number or email address or find them on Facebook (or whatever people use for such things).   My guess is they were bombarded and likely humiliated (sorry for this speculation).

The speculation train is hard to stop but it's a lesson possibly learned.  For me, the lesson is not to do anything that is reinforcing to the idle speculation.  I'm disappointed that I took time to read the pages here before actual information was available. 

As far as the details from her -- is it OK just not to know? I mean, why the heck do I need to know?   I don't!  What I hope is that those who do need to know have an opportunity to discuss and resolve.  That can happen without me being a part of it.  At this point, my only concern is that the players deal with it and come out and have a great season.

« Reply #539 on: September 23, 2022, 06:04:49 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The Celtics have to come clean about all this.
Who is the woman? Why isn't she being disciplined?
As Perk pointed out, not naming the woman just puts pressure on all the other women employees.
It also creates the impression women are immune from discipline. That it's always the man's fault.

The reports say "consensual." The woman should be equally disciplined.
I've also seen that she is married, though I don't trust media reports.
We do know Udoka is not married, but has had an on again off again relationship which has produced one child.

All of this, of course, should fall under the realm of private business.
I don't know how many teams have such archaic rules, but I know those that don't must be highly amused about all this.
It's naive to think that there isn't extensive co-mingling going on with male sports teams hiring so many women these days at every level.