Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 108920 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #465 on: October 09, 2022, 02:34:01 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
This rookie, Jack Jones, looks like he might be something special. Another INT.

Nick doesn’t everyone say bill can’t draft?

« Reply #466 on: October 09, 2022, 02:37:22 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Patriots defense is very good, but the offense is not which is more readily apparent with Zappe out there.  The Lions will put some points up in the 2nd half because they have a good offense, but they may be in too big a hole to win.  There will be games this year that the defense can't carry the day and the offense will need to score (like the last 7 games of the year) and I just don't see the Pats being able to do it enough.  6 win team.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #467 on: October 09, 2022, 02:37:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
Defense is playing its ass off.  Offense... is treading water.  Zappe is hitting his targets and his INT wasn't his fault, but it's clear we're taking no chances with him.  Stevenson and Meyers are playing well.  I expect more out of the rest of this WR core.

I actually don't mind at all. As we're seeing, to beat Detroit we probably don't need some elite QB performance. Even if it were Mac Jones or hell, even a Tom Brady in the past, they'd probably only need around 200 yards and no turnovers to get a win. Zappe has 1 INT unfortunately (not his fault), but he's probably going to get 200 yards passing unless they just run it all the 2nd half. Play it safe, don't get stupid.

People forget, even in the Brady dynasty years during the regular season there was always around 4-5 games where Brady would be "meh/average" and didn't do too much, but they didn't need to to beat bad teams like the Jets, etc. Just don't give up multiple turnovers or make brutal mistakes
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #468 on: October 09, 2022, 02:46:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Patriots defense is very good, but the offense is not which is more readily apparent with Zappe out there.  The Lions will put some points up in the 2nd half because they have a good offense, but they may be in too big a hole to win.  There will be games this year that the defense can't carry the day and the offense will need to score (like the last 7 games of the year) and I just don't see the Pats being able to do it enough.  6 win team.

Your takes on the patriots are absolutely brutal as many on the board have noted. Why don’t you actually put your money where your mouth is and bet them under 8.5 wins (assuming they win today). Otherwise stop your nonsense trolling.

« Reply #469 on: October 09, 2022, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Pretty good half but still felt like we left points on the board. Should easily be up 20-0 at least, maybe 23-0. Defense definitely came to play and while shaky at times, they are making the big plays when it's needed. Zappe's looked good, that INT was 100% on Agholor and only Agholor.

If we can come out of the half with a score then I think we got this in the bag. Going up 3 possessions will put more pressure on DET and Goff. I still think Goff is due for another turnover in the 2nd half
Pretty sure that INT was thrown to Bourne, not Agholar.

Which kinda makes me wonder about NGs comment about Bourne. Was that sarcasm?

« Reply #470 on: October 09, 2022, 02:55:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Defense is playing its ass off.  Offense... is treading water.  Zappe is hitting his targets and his INT wasn't his fault, but it's clear we're taking no chances with him.  Stevenson and Meyers are playing well.  I expect more out of the rest of this WR core.

I actually don't mind at all. As we're seeing, to beat Detroit we probably don't need some elite QB performance. Even if it were Mac Jones or hell, even a Tom Brady in the past, they'd probably only need around 200 yards and no turnovers to get a win. Zappe has 1 INT unfortunately (not his fault), but he's probably going to get 200 yards passing unless they just run it all the 2nd half. Play it safe, don't get stupid.

People forget, even in the Brady dynasty years during the regular season there was always around 4-5 games where Brady would be "meh/average" and didn't do too much, but they didn't need to to beat bad teams like the Jets, etc. Just don't give up multiple turnovers or make brutal mistakes
Even more so before the 2007 season when Brady was pretty exclusively a game managing type QB.

« Reply #471 on: October 09, 2022, 02:56:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Pretty good half but still felt like we left points on the board. Should easily be up 20-0 at least, maybe 23-0. Defense definitely came to play and while shaky at times, they are making the big plays when it's needed. Zappe's looked good, that INT was 100% on Agholor and only Agholor.

If we can come out of the half with a score then I think we got this in the bag. Going up 3 possessions will put more pressure on DET and Goff. I still think Goff is due for another turnover in the 2nd half

No? He threw it perfectly to Agholor who legit bobbled it, kicked it up and a Lions player from the other side dove to catch it. Should have been an easy catch-and-first down

Bourne it seems does have a few mishaps today including a penalty and also on one occasion, Zappe had to tell him where to line up late in the playclock. Not a good look tbh.

« Reply #472 on: October 09, 2022, 02:56:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
LFG!

Hasn't been completely pretty but the defense has definitely come to play today. Huge plays and stops when needed.

« Reply #473 on: October 09, 2022, 02:58:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

No? He threw it perfectly to Agholor who legit bobbled it, kicked it up and a Lions player from the other side dove to catch it. Should have been an easy catch-and-first down

Bourne it seems does have a few mishaps today including a penalty and also on one occasion, Zappe had to tell him where to line up late in the playclock. Not a good look tbh.
Ah, okay. Not sure why I thought it was Bourne

« Reply #474 on: October 09, 2022, 03:01:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
LFG!

Hasn't been completely pretty but the defense has definitely come to play today. Huge plays and stops when needed.

I want the patriots haters to shut up for the day. We are up 19-0. With a third string qb. Let us enjoy it.

« Reply #475 on: October 09, 2022, 03:01:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Ah, okay. Not sure why I thought it was Bourne

Ban yourself for fake news (lol jk)

« Reply #476 on: October 09, 2022, 03:04:19 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

The Int was Agholor.   BB and Bourne looked to be having words earlier.
Glad to see Thornton!!

« Reply #477 on: October 09, 2022, 03:04:44 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
They’re not asking Zappe to do much, but he’s making the throws they’ve given him.  The defense has made the game easier for Zappe by playing so well, but he’s lived up to his end of the bargain.

« Reply #478 on: October 09, 2022, 03:06:03 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Pats moving the ball between the 20s.  Now let’s put it in

« Reply #479 on: October 09, 2022, 03:06:19 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Even more so before the 2007 season when Brady was pretty exclusively a game managing type QB.
Why do Patriots fans regurgitate this false narrative that Brady haters came up with? No, Brady wasn't just a game manager. He led the league in TDs in his second year, and was consistently in the top 5-10 for TDs every year before 2007.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum