Author Topic: Hornets (24-20) at Celtics (23-22) Game #46 1/19/22  (Read 29721 times)

Re: Hornets (24-20) at Celtics (23-22) Game #46 1/19/22
« Reply #435 on: January 19, 2022, 10:28:08 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
You all still want to build around tatum and brown? Hahahahahahahahahahaha
HEY, I’ve been saying it for weeks now: Trade anybody but Robert Williams III.  I am serious. If you trade Tatum, OF COURSE you expect a star in return. Same for Brown.

This team but esp Tatum has ingrained bad habits. They need a big shakeup.  There is something not quite right about this team.  Is it conditioning? Heart?  Coaching?  Something HAS to change.

I am not naive. I don’t expect any more trades before the deadline. But in the off-season, Brad has to do some soul-searching and figure this thing out because this is not entertaining and THAT should be a big flag for a businessman like Wyc.
as long as the building is sold out every night, Wyc won't see anything else as a red flag
So, you don’t think Wyc wants playoff revenue?
this team will make the playoffs -- play in round. he's not paying luxury tax until this team has a real shot at getting to the conference finals at least
I no longer have confidence in that happening. In fact, they may be better NOT making the playoffs if that’s what it takes to light a fire and force some changes.

Somebody else said that just being a star is good enough for Tatum and Brown. That may be true but we will never know. The point is that a shakeup is necessary in the off-season.  Let’s see how smart Brad really is.
as the season progresses, I'm growing less certain of it but their remaining schedule in the near future isn't against the meat of the league (and a lot of the rest of the schedule too) so the opportunity is there for this team to make some hay and improve their record.  question is -- will they.
They won't, have faith in Udoka.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #436 on: January 19, 2022, 10:29:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If Tatum and Brown can’t hit 3s we’re pretty doomed. Because they refuse to adjust and attack the hoop and create opportunities for others.

Disappointing loss. Hornets are a lot more cohesive and fun to watch.

« Reply #437 on: January 19, 2022, 10:36:15 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
That guy Rozier… He’s pretty good. Where’d they dig him up?

« Reply #438 on: January 19, 2022, 10:37:37 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
HEY, I’ve been saying it for weeks now: Trade anybody but Robert Williams III.  I am serious. If you trade Tatum, OF COURSE you expect a star in return. Same for Brown.

This team but esp Tatum has ingrained bad habits. They need a big shakeup.  There is something not quite right about this team.  Is it conditioning? Heart?  Coaching?  Something HAS to change.

I am not naive. I don’t expect any more trades before the deadline. But in the off-season, Brad has to do some soul-searching and figure this thing out because this is not entertaining and THAT should be a big flag for a businessman like Wyc.
as long as the building is sold out every night, Wyc won't see anything else as a red flag
this team will make the playoffs -- play in round. he's not paying luxury tax until this team has a real shot at getting to the conference finals at least
I no longer have confidence in that happening. In fact, they may be better NOT making the playoffs if that’s what it takes to light a fire and force some changes.

Somebody else said that just being a star is good enough for Tatum and Brown. That may be true but we will never know. The point is that a shakeup is necessary in the off-season.  Let’s see how smart Brad really is.
as the season progresses, I'm growing less certain of it but their remaining schedule in the near future isn't against the meat of the league (and a lot of the rest of the schedule too) so the opportunity is there for this team to make some hay and improve their record.  question is -- will they.
Forget the schedule, it’s irrelevant the way this team is playing. It’s going to be more of win-one lose-one the rest of the way, and finally lose the play-in game. 

« Reply #439 on: January 19, 2022, 10:37:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Pritchard got gun shy after that one miss from 3. He’s out there to score not pass it around. Very disappointing night.

« Reply #440 on: January 19, 2022, 10:38:44 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

It’s going to be more of win-one lose-one the rest of the way, and finally lose the play-in game.
We won't be making the play-in games if we go win one, lose one lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #441 on: January 19, 2022, 10:43:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Pritchard got gun shy after that one miss from 3. He’s out there to score not pass it around. Very disappointing night.
No, that was good defense.  They guarded him tight on his only shot, the three.  He’s too small and not enough of an athlete to drive to the cup. He’s a flawed player.

« Reply #442 on: January 19, 2022, 10:53:11 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I knew we lost before checking this thread  :-X

The “Ime has to go “ thread is back to the top of comments .

Hard to beat a decent team even at home without our center . I saw enough in the first quarter to realize this was an up hill climb with two important players missing once again.   

« Reply #443 on: January 19, 2022, 10:53:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

He's a point guard and had 4 assists in 11 minutes with 0 TOs.

« Reply #444 on: January 19, 2022, 10:54:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
No, that was good defense.  They guarded him tight on his only shot, the three.  He’s too small and not enough of an athlete to drive to the cup. He’s a flawed player.

All of our players are flawed players but they can contribute.  If they are guarding Pritchard tight then he's a plus on the floor.

« Reply #445 on: January 19, 2022, 11:00:13 PM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 230
If Tatum and Brown can’t hit 3s we’re pretty doomed. Because they refuse to adjust and attack the hoop and create opportunities for others.

Agree. Over the years Tatum has been less efficient taking more and more 3pt shots. He should know when to attack the basket rather than keep hoisting the 3s when he's cold.

We have Horford, Smart and Tatum shooting 28.5%, 30.4% and 32.3% this season. Ouch..

Btw, JB, PP and GW all shots better than 36%.

« Reply #446 on: January 19, 2022, 11:01:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Garrison Mathews lighting it up again for the Rockets. M. Strus shooting lights out for the Heat.  If only we could get shooters like that.

« Reply #447 on: January 19, 2022, 11:06:06 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
it always feels to me like we win despite Ime, not because of him.
I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but I get that impression.
You're not wrong - his coaching ability flatters Pitino's.

Success is a choice.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #448 on: January 19, 2022, 11:11:52 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Sad to say this, but I will not be attending any Celtics games this year for the first time. No way I pay my hard earned money to watch whatever this is. Plus i can relentlessly curse at my tv without bothering everyone around me lol
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #449 on: January 19, 2022, 11:27:15 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Missing Smart and (especially) Rob hurt, but this loss falls pretty much on Tatum and Brown laying bricks all night (Brown from 3, Tatum from everywhere). Team defense wasn't great, but defense was a moot point with all the bricklaying going on. So, in three of the last four games, Brown has struggled from 3 and Tatum has struggled from just about everywhere. Not gonna win many games that way.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis