Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78028 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2021, 02:11:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Getting there...

John Karalis: Ime Udoka says Jaylen Brown has ramped up his workouts but isn’t available tonight. Next game is Friday vs. the Lakers  – via Twitter
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
[dang] it!

Chris Grenham: Jaylen Brown is out tonight, per the Celtics. Dennis Schroder is questionable with a left ankle sprain, while Rob Williams remains questionable. – via Twitter chrisgrenham
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »

Kiorrik

[dang] it!

Chris Grenham: Jaylen Brown is out tonight, per the Celtics. Dennis Schroder is questionable with a left ankle sprain, while Rob Williams remains questionable. – via Twitter chrisgrenham

The heck man

So we gonna try and beat LA without our 2nd 3rd and 4th best players :')

« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2021, 04:48:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
[dang] it!

The heck man

So we gonna try and beat LA without our 2nd 3rd and 4th best players :')
Yep and Lebron will return who I expect to have a big game with him trying to make a statement.  Tatum needs to show up big time tonight.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2021, 04:52:53 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Ugh, was really hoping Jaylen would be back for this one.

« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2021, 04:40:13 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Jay King: Jaylen Brown has been ruled out of tonight’s game. Robert Williams is doubtful. Dennis Schroder is probable.  – via Twitter ByJayKing

« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2021, 11:29:22 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Fingers crossed!

Tim Bontemps: The Celtics say Dennis Schroder, Jaylen Brown and Robert Williams are all probable for tomorrow’s game against Houston. – via Twitter TimBontemps

« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2021, 12:26:37 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Fingers crossed!

Tim Bontemps: The Celtics say Dennis Schroder, Jaylen Brown and Robert Williams are all probable for tomorrow’s game against Houston. – via Twitter TimBontemps

The C's at full strength!

« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2021, 01:51:47 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Fingers crossed!

The C's at full strength!

Watch them go out and lose to Houston now  ;)
Yup

« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Ben Cafardo: Friday’s #Lakers v #Celtics ESPN telecast peaked w/ 2,149,000 viewers and averaged 1,735,000 viewers, according to Nielsen. It is ESPN’s most-watched NBA game since it’s season-opener (Knicks-Celtics). Handily won key demos across cable, including Male & People 18-34, 18-49. – via Twitter

« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2021, 07:25:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Tim Bontemps: Jaylen Brown will play around 24 minutes, and probably in 4-6 minute stints, per Celtics coach Ime Udoka. Brown will supplant Dennis Schroder in the starting lineup. 1 hour ago – via Twitter TimBontemps

Jay King: Josh Richardson is out sick tonight. Not COVID, per Udoka. 1 hour ago – via Twitter ByJayKing

« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2021, 09:41:52 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Mark Murphy: Tatum on deferring to Schroder for the game-winner: “I seen a report the other day that said I was a selfish player. That seems pretty unselfish of me, but whatever it takes for us to win. I guess more often than not it’s going to be in my hands, but we play 82-something games.”  – via Twitter Murf56

Keith Smith: Jayson Tatum on Jaylen Brown’s struggles: “I’m gonna be there for him, like he’s been there for me. When we get down sometimes, we’re just there for each other. I tell him he’s gonna be the best version of Jaylen Brown. And he’s gonna be.”  – via Twitter KeithSmithNBA

« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2021, 04:15:08 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Interview with Brad Stevens from earlier today. Full interview is worth a listen: https://985thesportshub.com/2021/12/02/brad-stevens-has-jayson-tatums-back-as-anonymous-coaches-rip-him/

Jayson Tatum has recently been the target of anonymous criticism within NBA circles. So his former coach and Celtics President of Basketball Ops Brad Stevens felt compelled to push back on it in a new interview with 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher and Rich.
An unnamed assistant coach in the Eastern Conference was recently quoted by ESPN’s Tim Bontemps as saying, on Tatum: “I don’t think he cares about winning now, and if he does, it is on his terms. He doesn’t want to score 15 and win. He wants to score 39 and win.”

Asked about the comments, Stevens told Toucher and Rich, in so many words, that it’s nonsense – and basically that whoever said it was cowardly for saying it anonymously.
“If you can’t put your name on it, don’t say it,” Stevens said. “There is no way that assistant coach would put his name on that quote because, first of all, he has never been around Jayson. And, secondly, Jayson would kill him every time he played him for the rest of his career. That’s the way those guys in this league are wired.”

“I take it with such a grain of salt,” Stevens continued. “To me that line was a joke, because I’m around [Tatum] every day. You look at him, he plays, he’s available, he competes, he’s got a lot on his plate. He’s done a lot more in his first five years in the league than most of the league, right? Totally, totally wrong in that guy’s assessment. I thought that quote was absolutely ridiculous, to be honest.

“I don’t ever react to that stuff. I actually sent a note to one of the people I work with like, ‘This is idiotic.’ Just be around this guy every day. That guy loves to win. He’s sitting there with his feet in the ice bucket after every game that we lose, and he looks despondent. This guy’s competitive. I know that for a fact. I’m glad he’s on our team.”
This seems like a good time to remind folks across the NBA that Tatum is still just 23 years old. So it’s too early to make any kind of sweeping declaration on him as a player or his career.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 04:51:05 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2021, 04:23:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Interview with Brad Stevens from earlier today.

Jayson Tatum has recently been the target of anonymous criticism within NBA circles. So his former coach and Celtics President of Basketball Ops Brad Stevens felt compelled to push back on it in a new interview with 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher and Rich.
An unnamed assistant coach in the Eastern Conference was recently quoted by ESPN’s Tim Bontemps as saying, on Tatum: “I don’t think he cares about winning now, and if he does, it is on his terms. He doesn’t want to score 15 and win. He wants to score 39 and win.”

Asked about the comments, Stevens told Toucher and Rich, in so many words, that it’s nonsense – and basically that whoever said it was cowardly for saying it anonymously.
“If you can’t put your name on it, don’t say it,” Stevens said. “There is no way that assistant coach would put his name on that quote because, first of all, he has never been around Jayson. And, secondly, Jayson would kill him every time he played him for the rest of his career. That’s the way those guys in this league are wired.”

“I take it with such a grain of salt,” Stevens continued. “To me that line was a joke, because I’m around [Tatum] every day. You look at him, he plays, he’s available, he competes, he’s got a lot on his plate. He’s done a lot more in his first five years in the league than most of the league, right? Totally, totally wrong in that guy’s assessment. I thought that quote was absolutely ridiculous, to be honest.

“I don’t ever react to that stuff. I actually sent a note to one of the people I work with like, ‘This is idiotic.’ Just be around this guy every day. That guy loves to win. He’s sitting there with his feet in the ice bucket after every game that we lose, and he looks despondent. This guy’s competitive. I know that for a fact. I’m glad he’s on our team.”
This seems like a good time to remind folks across the NBA that Tatum is still just 23 years old. So it’s too early to make any kind of sweeping declaration on him as a player or his career.

The lines regarding the assistant coach being too cowardly to put his name to the quotes are brilliant! I love angry Brad
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)