Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78027 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2021, 09:02:47 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Horford (COVID-19 protocols) is listed as inactive for Wednesday's season opener against the Knicks, Adam Himmelsbach of the Boston Globe reports.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2021, 07:14:50 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

@ShamsCharania
Jabari Parker has agreed on a new deal to re-sign with the Boston Celtics, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
.Parker cleared waivers at 5 p.m. ET
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2021, 11:23:23 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I still think they should deal Fernando for a 2nd rounder and sign Kornet.
You mean deal Fernando and give up something?

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2021, 04:54:51 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Jaylen Brown is the first player in Boston Celtics history to record a 40-point game in a season opener.  – via Twitter jkubatko  8)

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2021, 08:38:15 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
John Karalis: Al Horford is officially questionable to return tomorrow. Josh Richardson is probable with the migraine. Marcus Smart has some fluid in his right knee, he’s also probable – via Twitter

Austin Karp: 1.955 million for Knicks-Celtics ESPN NBA opener last night. Strong considering 5.3 million for Braves-Dodgers head-to-head. ESPN’s best opener since Heat-Nets 2013 (see below). Up from 1.7 million for Celts-76ers opener in December 2020 and 1.6 million for Pels-Rockets 2019 3 – via Twitter

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2021, 09:04:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
John Karalis: Al Horford is officially questionable to return tomorrow. Josh Richardson is probable with the migraine. Marcus Smart has some fluid in his right knee, he’s also probable – via Twitter

Austin Karp: 1.955 million for Knicks-Celtics ESPN NBA opener last night. Strong considering 5.3 million for Braves-Dodgers head-to-head. ESPN’s best opener since Heat-Nets 2013 (see below). Up from 1.7 million for Celts-76ers opener in December 2020 and 1.6 million for Pels-Rockets 2019 3 – via Twitter

Good news overall, but a little worried about Smart having fluid in his knee already

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2021, 09:13:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Jaylen Brown is the first player in Boston Celtics history to record a 40-point game in a season opener.  – via Twitter jkubatko  8)

JB On his way to be top 100 player on the 100th anniversary!  Hope I’m around to celebrate !!

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2021, 06:33:25 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Keith Smith: Al Horford will be limited to 20-25 minutes tonight, per Ime Udoka. The team is planning to play him in short stints. – via Twitter KeithSmithNBA

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2021, 06:37:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Keith Smith: Al Horford will be limited to 20-25 minutes tonight, per Ime Udoka. The team is planning to play him in short stints. – via Twitter KeithSmithNBA
Better than nothin!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2021, 06:39:18 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Better than nothin!

I will take it for sure. He’s probably not going to be playing much more than 25mpg during the regular season anyway. Think 28mpg would be ideal..

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2021, 06:46:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Better than nothin!

I will take it for sure. He’s probably not going to be playing much more than 25mpg during the regular season anyway. Think 28mpg would be ideal..
I think a lot depends on how well he and Rob play together. If they can work alongside one another we have a heap of lineup options
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2021, 12:07:42 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Kendrick Perkins: Danny Ainge consulted me on Jaylen Brown trade

Speaking last Friday on Celtics pregame live, the former NBA player recalled the conversation when trade talks were buzzing around the league which centers around the superstar. “I remember last year around this time when teams were calling about James Harden and Houston actually wanted Jaylen Brown,” Perkins said on the segment. “I was on the phone with Danny Ainge for an hour, and I remember how our conversation went. He was like, ‘Hey, Perk, would you trade Jaylen Brown for James Harden?’ And I was like, ‘Danny, you know how I feel about Jaylen Brown, but I would trade him for James Harden.’ He was like, ‘ Are you kidding me? He’s not going anywhere. He’s not even 25 and he keeps getting better.’

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2021, 12:37:34 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
Kendrick Perkins: Danny Ainge consulted me on Jaylen Brown trade

Speaking last Friday on Celtics pregame live, the former NBA player recalled the conversation when trade talks were buzzing around the league which centers around the superstar. “I remember last year around this time when teams were calling about James Harden and Houston actually wanted Jaylen Brown,” Perkins said on the segment. “I was on the phone with Danny Ainge for an hour, and I remember how our conversation went. He was like, ‘Hey, Perk, would you trade Jaylen Brown for James Harden?’ And I was like, ‘Danny, you know how I feel about Jaylen Brown, but I would trade him for James Harden.’ He was like, ‘ Are you kidding me? He’s not going anywhere. He’s not even 25 and he keeps getting better.’

Danny loves the Jays. If Brad was in charge then, I wonder if he would have pulled the trigger?

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2021, 01:12:28 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Trade Tatum.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2021, 07:38:23 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Trade Tatum.
Fake news.  Don't do that.

The real Celtics RS news is that Tatum scored 41 points in a win against a previously undefeated team.