Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78068 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #180 on: December 07, 2021, 10:09:37 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
about 6 hours ago

The Bulls missed six free throws in their Monday win, dropping their percentage to 82.5. That means at 82.6%, the Celtics now lead the NBA. Boston (87% since Nov. 12) hasn't led the league in free-throw shooting in 30 years. Not coincidentally...Larry's final year, 1991-92.

There is nothing foul about their FT%.  Go Cs!

This is interesting.  Also, the Celtics are 6th in the league for FT Attempts per game.  The result is that they are #1 for FT Made per game.  So much for them not getting to the line enough.

« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2021, 11:12:00 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
about 6 hours ago

The Bulls missed six free throws in their Monday win, dropping their percentage to 82.5. That means at 82.6%, the Celtics now lead the NBA. Boston (87% since Nov. 12) hasn't led the league in free-throw shooting in 30 years. Not coincidentally...Larry's final year, 1991-92.

This is interesting.  Also, the Celtics are 6th in the league for FT Attempts per game.  The result is that they are #1 for FT Made per game.  So much for them not getting to the line enough.

Tatum's rough shooting start included free throws.  He seems to hve smoothed that out, so that's got to be helping things. 
Yup

« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2021, 11:50:48 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Do you think Udoka/Stevens will cut Freedom due to the media distraction? I mean I respect his freedom of speech but it may be drawing too much attention to the team and cause a distraction
is it really free speech if you are sanctioned for speaking?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2021, 04:42:58 PM »

Kiorrik

about 6 hours ago

Tatum's rough shooting start included free throws.  He seems to hve smoothed that out, so that's got to be helping things.

Can I just add that

last night

i went 4/4 from the freethrowline in our local league game

so we can add that to the tally thanks

« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2021, 04:56:15 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Glad they are being cautious with Brown. Get that Hammy right.

Jay King: Jaylen Brown will not play tonight, per Ime Udoka. He had “a good workout today” though, but the Celtics still want to be cautious, Udoka said. – via Twitter ByJayKing
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2021, 10:28:16 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
about 6 hours ago

Can I just add that

last night

i went 4/4 from the freethrowline in our local league game

so we can add that to the tally thanks

Congratulations!

Back in high school town league I went into a free throw shooting slump, so I started shooting them one handed and hit like 12 in a row in games.  Then I started missing them and never got it back using that method, so I switched to normal.

I also was fairly automatic from the line in Nerf hoops 21.   :angel:
Yup

« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2021, 12:50:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
How can you not love the Timelord.  :laugh:

Boston Celtics: Rob Williams says his biggest area of growth this season has been becoming a better vocal leader, directing his teammates where to be on the court.  – via Twitter celtics

John Karalis: Robert Williams, how do you avoid getting into foul trouble? Rob: “Sh!t, I gotta stop fouling”  – via Twitter John_Karalis
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
TimeLord isn’t on the court 2/3rd of the time so he needs to stop talking and get healthy
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2021, 10:01:14 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Justin Kubatko: Jayson Tatum last night: ✅ 42 PTS ✅ 16-25 FG ✅ 7-13 3P It’s the sixth time Tatum has recorded a 40-point game with an eFG% of at least 70%, tying Larry Bird for the most such games in @Boston Celtics history.  – via Twitter jkubatko

« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2021, 09:33:31 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Now this I like. Udoka doesn’t mince words and he is willing to say things to the players that Brad was perhaps reluctant to.

Udoka has pushed Tatum to sharpen his competitive edge. He has warned Tatum that sometimes he treats opponents with too much respect. He has reminded Tatum of the things he said to Kawhi Leonard, when Leonard was a young player in San Antonio. Tatum, says Udoka, has a habit of “respecting guys too much at times.” His message to Tatum: “These guys aren’t your older brother. Don’t treat them like that.”

“You want to respect everybody in the game,” Tatum said, “but, you know, go out there and put your imprint on it and be who you’re supposed to be, and that’s basically what he was advocating for me to do.”

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/12/14/boston-celtics-mystery-jayson-tatum-jaylen-brown
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 09:57:45 AM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2021, 12:03:40 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Interview with Brad Stevens from earlier today. Talks about Danny going to the Jazz, Jaylen Brown’s return, etc. Good listen.

https://985thesportshub.com/2021/12/16/brad-stevens-on-toucher-and-rich-addressing-danny-ainges-departure/

« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2021, 06:44:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Jay King: Ime Udoka said Romeo Langford will start in Al Horford’s place tonight. Forced into the smaller lineup. “It felt like we got hit hard with our 4s.” All of the Celtics in health and safety protocols are power forwards. And Dennis Schroder is out with a non-COVID illness.

« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2021, 06:52:24 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Jay King: Ime Udoka said Romeo Langford will start in Al Horford’s place tonight. Forced into the smaller lineup. “It felt like we got hit hard with our 4s.” All of the Celtics in health and safety protocols are power forwards. And Dennis Schroder is out with a non-COVID illness.

Go Romeo - big game tonight.

« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2021, 12:51:53 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
[dang]it!

Marc Stein: The Celtics say Jayson Tatum has entered the league’s health and safety protocols after his previous well-chronicled battled with COVID-19 last season. – via Twitter TheSteinLine

« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2021, 01:03:09 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
It’s a chance for our team to demonstrate that we don’t need hero ball
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger