Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90605 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Idea: Hield & Len
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2021, 04:13:42 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Schroder is our best player lately. Don’t trade him.

If lately includes the 4th quarter on Saturday, this is not correct.

« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2021, 08:44:11 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If we are making a trade with the Kings, I'd much rather acquire Bagley.  He will be less expensive to acquire and better fits a need on the team.  He is also uber-talented so if you can hit with him, he would significantly increase the long term upside potential of the team.

Now if they want to include Hield as well, I'm fine with that.

Hield, Bagley

for

Smart, Hernangomez, Langford, G. Williams (Fernando - if needed for salary)

So Post trade

Starters - Schroder, Hield, Brown, Tatum, Horford
Rotation - Pritchard, Richardson, Nesmith, Bagley, R. Williams

Can't do the trade till January, but I'd be fine with something like that.  Might even throw in a protected 1st if that was a deal breaker.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2021, 09:43:27 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If we are making a trade with the Kings, I'd much rather acquire Bagley.  He will be less expensive to acquire and better fits a need on the team.  He is also uber-talented so if you can hit with him, he would significantly increase the long term upside potential of the team.

Hield, Bagley

for

So Post trade

Can't do the trade till January, but I'd be fine with something like that.  Might even throw in a protected 1st if that was a deal breaker.
not a horrible deal but I'm not as high on Bagley as you are.  I agree he fits a bigger need for the team but that's only if he pans out.  if he can't make it in Sac, that makes it a really big IF for the idea of him working out here.  would also need to land a vet PG for the bench.  PP just isn't making a positive impact this year, at all.

« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2021, 10:25:15 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Hield, Bagley

for

So Post trade

not a horrible deal but I'm not as high on Bagley as you are.  I agree he fits a bigger need for the team but that's only if he pans out.  if he can't make it in Sac, that makes it a really big IF for the idea of him working out here.  would also need to land a vet PG for the bench.  PP just isn't making a positive impact this year, at all.
He has averaged 14/7 in his career though health has been a huge factor with him.  This idea that he can't make it, I just don't buy.  Sacramento is just a horrid franchise.  Luke Walton is the worst coach in NBA history that has coached multiple franchises.  They are just terrible. 

I agree we'd need a vet PG on the bench, but that trade would open up at least 2 roster spots so it would be easy enough to find someone (even if it means using the TPE to absorb a contract).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2021, 11:05:35 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I'd like a framework of Smart for Hield instead of Schroder
Yes!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2021, 11:08:11 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I want Haliburton from the King in all honesty, fixes our PG issues.  I would not mind Bagley.   We need big depth.  I just don't think they'd would like what we are offering.

Smart can't be traded until January as you stated.    I would even give up a 1st with pieces to get those two.   I don't think we can trade this years pick though.

« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2021, 11:21:54 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Hield, Bagley

for

So Post trade

He has averaged 14/7 in his career though health has been a huge factor with him.  This idea that he can't make it, I just don't buy.  Sacramento is just a horrid franchise.  Luke Walton is the worst coach in NBA history that has coached multiple franchises.  They are just terrible. 

I agree we'd need a vet PG on the bench, but that trade would open up at least 2 roster spots so it would be easy enough to find someone (even if it means using the TPE to absorb a contract).
I don't think it'd be as easy as you think it is to find a vet PG that's decent
a. the decent ones are already signed by other teams.
b. we got lucky Schroder was still available and was willing to come here for the money we paid.   we aren't finding a quality backup PG left out there that's worth more than a vet min.  we'd be getting what we pay for.
c. as we found out with Jeff Teague, being a vet that had been a quality player does not mean they're still a quality player.

You've proposed numerous times that Bagley's numbers are solid and that what's held him back is the franchise and health.  I'm very wary about adding yet another player with health issues not to mention that as bad as Sac's franchise is, their talented youth still shine through as talented players --> Hield, Fox, Mitchell and Haliburton are prime examples.  Bagley's numbers aren't bad but it's not like there's other good front court players that he's stuck behind in Sac holding him back.  4.5 pts and 3.5 rbs per game doesn't exactly scream out great but misused player.  sure, limited minutes but more than enough time for a really good and misused player to put up better numbers

« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2021, 11:34:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I want Haliburton from the King in all honesty, fixes our PG issues.  I would not mind Bagley.   We need big depth.  I just don't think they'd would like what we are offering.

Smart can't be traded until January as you stated.    I would even give up a 1st with pieces to get those two.   I don't think we can trade this years pick though.
I think Haliburton is nigh on untouchable for Sactown

Also, we can trade this year's pick. The Stepien rule resets after each draft. So though we traded away last year's pick and had no 1st round pick, once that draft is over, it has no bearing on the ability to trade this year's pick.

« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2021, 01:23:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I agree he is most likely untouchable

Thanks for the Stepien tip

Idea: BOS-CLE-WAS Trade to Get Beal & Mobley
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2021, 01:51:31 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
This would really be my dream:

BOS In: Beal, Mobley
BOS Out: Brown, Langford, 2022 1st, 2024 1st, 2026 1st, 2028 1st

CLE In: Brown, Langford
CLE Out: Mobley, Love

WAS In: Love, BOS 1sts in 2022, 2024, 2026 and 2028
WAS Out: Beal

Clearly the scenario hinges on Beal forcing his way out at the deadline, and agreeing to extend when traded here to pair with Tatum. We’d truly have a Big 3 in place for 2023-beyond considering this would be the roster heading into the off-season, assuming we bring Horford back one way or another:

Smart/Pritchard
Beal/Richardson
Tatum/Nesmith
Horford/G. Williams
Mobley/R. Williams

That’s three potential HOFers, and an epic shooting threat in Beal/Tatum.

Re: Idea: BOS-CLE-WAS Trade to Get Beal & Mobley
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2021, 02:18:38 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
So WAS gets the worst contract in the league and a bunch of maybee's for their young all star all NBA player, get real.

Secondly, Mobley is not getting moved
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2021, 02:35:28 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
So WAS gets the worst contract in the league and a bunch of maybee's for their young all star all NBA player, get real.

Secondly, Mobley is not getting moved

If Beal makes it clear he’s opting out, very few will give up much for a likely half-year rental (think back to the situations with Kawhi and PG-13 in San Antonio and Indiana respectively). Whereas he may want to be paired with his buddy Tatum here in Boston, so may instead opt-in and sign an extension if he got dealt here. Players who are friends teaming up is increasingly how the current NBA works.

As for Mobley not getting moved, the Cavs already have Allen on a cap-friendly contract. If they can turn Mobley into Jaylen Brown and simultaneously dump Love, freeing up space for the next couple free agency offseasons (and WAS taking on Love is the reason we have to give up the fourth pick to WAS), I say Cleveland probably pulls the trigger. Brown may actually be the better player in the long-run, it’s too early to say, but we just can’t afford him alongside Beal and Tatum (whereas we could afford Mobley, and would be far more complementary than Brown in a Big 3 of Beal/Tatum, plus Mobley as our third top guy keeps us below the luxury line).

Really see this deal making sense from all sides, and helping us get to the promised land…
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 02:41:03 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2021, 05:44:22 AM »

Kiorrik

Sigh.

Beal's not that much better than Brown.

And Brown's cheaper too.

« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2021, 07:46:44 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823