Author Topic: New Parquet this Season?  (Read 2727 times)

New Parquet this Season?
« on: October 12, 2021, 04:01:55 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
Per twitter.  I don't know the credibility of the site.

https://twitter.com/sullstice/status/1447987392795774976/photo/1

Did they replace the Reds signature with cigar smoke?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: New Parquet this Season?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 04:09:36 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
It's funny this came out now, a week or so ago, there was a thread about the logo here, and now it's changing.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 04:15:22 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
It's a legit part of NBA.com and I was able to find the court on there, so it looks like it's legit. I'm not a fan of the "cigar smoke" or dusting of gold bond or whatever it is, but I really like how all of the championship years are written down the side of the court. It's too bad they'll have to redo that part after this year, though ;D
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 04:18:31 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
It's a legit part of NBA.com and I was able to find the court on there, so it looks like it's legit. I'm not a fan of the "cigar smoke" or dusting of gold bond or whatever it is, but I really like how all of the championship years are written down the side of the court. It's too bad they'll have to redo that part after this year, though ;D

Yeah,  I would've just kept the signature instead of adding the smoke but I kinda like everything else.

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 04:27:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Really big fan of the new centre logo. Love the way it looks. The smoke is eh for me, just hope that the distinction between smoke and baseline is distinct to avoid drama.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2021, 04:43:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
evidently needed to replace the parquet after Kyrie's foot-wiping incident

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2021, 05:04:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
So, according to this report, just when they wear the classic edition alternates.

https://twitter.com/chrisgrenham/status/1448015321454026753

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2021, 06:03:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

And then every year after this!

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 12:58:23 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Looks pretty good----But, BUT...they need to Paint the paint GREEN.....I hate when the paint is the same color as the rest of the court...AWFUL.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2021, 01:35:01 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

And then every year after this!

But that's an exciting thing to do! Let's hope they redo that part again after this year, winning banner 18

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 01:39:27 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
What is with the smoke on the baseline ? Is that just an error in the image ? It looks ridiculous.

Don't care for the title years down the sideline or the background shamrock.
Sometimes you can overdo efforts to display your accomplishments and traditions.
The banners in the rafters are beautiful and all that we need. Gimmicks have never been our style.
Understatement sends a louder message.

And put Red Auerbach's signature back on the court !!!!
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2021, 01:48:31 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
What is with the smoke on the baseline ? Is that just an error in the image ? It looks ridiculous.

Don't care for the title years down the sideline. Sometimes you can overdo efforts to display your accomplishments and traditions. The banners in the rafters are beautiful and all that we need.  Gimmicks have never been our style. Understatement sends a louder message.

I think Red’s signature is there, look in the bottom right hand corner next to 2008.

I agree with you in regards to the smoke design and I’m not a fan of the shamrock watermark in centre court either.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2021, 03:01:16 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
It's funny this came out now, a week or so ago, there was a thread about the logo here, and now it's changing.

Hilarious!

OP of that thread was just suggesting getting rid of the big ugly white circle, and my contribution was arguing for the three-tone logo (or better still getting rid of lucky all-together), and they have done both!!!

Love the chip years touch, and as much as I love Red, having the signature off the side-line is a sharper look. The Celtics cursive is super nice too. Big improvement - I give it 8.5/10

Just now remember Kyrie stamping on the logo, what a Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again..

"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2021, 03:23:22 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Pros
- Finally, no white circle surrounding the logo!
- Love the fact that the baseline now writes ''Celtics'' instead of ''TD Garden''. The Celtics were literally the only team in the league promoting a sponsor's name on the baseline instead of their home city or the name of the team (or both). Glad we changed that. Not to mention, I hate the name ''TD Garden''. In my mind, it will always be the Boston Garden or just ''the Garden''.

Cons
- Don't like the smoke on the baseline. Hope the refs can't distinguish between the smoke and the baseline and we are asked to remove the smoke. :P
- Don't like the underlying shamrock in the middle of the court. I mean, we add nothing new. Lucky already got plenty of shamrocks on his clothes. Why not keep it simple? Either replace the logo with a big shamrock or just put the logo.
- I would have used the current colourful logo instead of the previous one.
- Just too much stuff going on. Smoke, numbers, underlying shamrock. I'd like it a bit simpler, but maybe that's just me.

Not too bothered that we moved Red's signature to the bottom left corner. Again, too much stuff going on. All in all, I like it more than the old parquet floor. The ''TD Garden'' on the baseline bothered me a lot.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 05:27:26 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 05:24:35 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731

Don't care for the title years down the sideline. Sometimes you can overdo efforts to display your accomplishments and traditions. The banners in the rafters are beautiful and all that we need.  Gimmicks have never been our style. Understatement sends a louder message.

I think Red’s signature is there, look in the bottom right hand corner next to 2008.

I agree with you in regards to the smoke design and I’m not a fan of the shamrock watermark in centre court either.

I did finally see Red's signature down there in the corners - after I pulled my telescope out of the closet.

I meant on the playing surface where it has always been.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce