Author Topic: What do you think of Klutch  (Read 2420 times)

What do you think of Klutch
« on: October 06, 2021, 04:58:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Been an interesting summer for them. They had the Noel lawsuit that had some pretty bad details leaked of them not calling teams back. (While noel may not have an actual legal case Brett brown did confirm he inquired about noel and he couldn’t get a hold of him. I don’t think this Ben Simmons situation is going too well for them. The story today is they didn’t realize how much money they would lose for ben missing games (the players association confirmed to them that the amount is correct). This kind of makes it seem like the agency is a lot less polished than I previously thought, though they certainly have gotten some good deals for their clients over time.

Re: What do you think of Klutch
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 05:13:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think they're an unethical agency that does what is best for Lebron first, and every other client second.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 05:15:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I think they're an unethical agency that does what is best for Lebron first, and every other client second.

Do you believe this is the beginning of the end for them? Also, how does this simmons situation help lebron?

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 05:15:37 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Bingo.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 06:50:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Do you believe this is the beginning of the end for them? Also, how does this simmons situation help lebron?

I believe once Lebron is out of the league.  We will not be hearing much from these Bozos

Maybe change the name to Choke Sports
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 07:21:32 PM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 07:40:05 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Been an interesting summer for them. They had the Noel lawsuit that had some pretty bad details leaked of them not calling teams back. (While noel may not have an actual legal case Brett brown did confirm he inquired about noel and he couldn’t get a hold of him. I don’t think this Ben Simmons situation is going too well for them. The story today is they didn’t realize how much money they would lose for ben missing games (the players association confirmed to them that the amount is correct). This kind of makes it seem like the agency is a lot less polished than I previously thought, though they certainly have gotten some good deals for their clients over time.
That would be pretty hilarious if it's true.

I couldn't be less on Ben Simmons' side with this ordeal. It doesn't seem like he's got a leg to stand on. I don't know what the future of Klutch is but if things keep going the way they're going, no one is getting out of this looking good.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 07:49:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I believe once Lebron is out of the league.  We will not be hearing much from these Bozos

Maybe change the name to Choke Sports

I can’t think of a face of the league I will be less sad to leave. Lebron just sucks the oxygen out of every room. He is a decent guy off the court by all accounts And has some done great things charity wise like his schools (though his commentary on China was embarrassing). Yet he is the first player I think fully under the “control your narrative at all costs” generation. I was sad to see magic, bird, Jordan, duncan, Garnett, Shaq and yes even kobe leave the league. Will be really ambivalent when Lebron leaves despite being inarguably a top 5
Player of all time imo

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 08:03:39 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The issue with Ben Simmons seemed to escalate after Noel’s lawsuit that stated Rich Paul did not return the Sixers’ calls about Noel.  There were then reports that Paul wanted Maxey out of Philly followed by Simmons holdout.  It sure seems as though Rich Paul is not following his fiduciary responsibilities and looking after his clients’ best interests. 

I’ve felt for years that his relationship with Lebron has allowed him to illegally tamper, generally on Lebron’s behalf, while the NBA has turned a blind eye.  Look at Anthony Davis.  Maybe that’s what Davis wanted, but that whole matter seemed very shady. 

I agree with KGLL that the agency will not survive after Lebron.  At least, I hope they don’t.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 08:39:53 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 08:26:55 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I think of Eric from Entourage. Unqualified person riding coat tails of a star and looking out only for his interests, as Roy pointed out. If I were in the NBA I’d stay very far away.

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 08:54:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The grown men that make millions of dollars that keeping signing with Klutch do so because they believe Klutch has their best interests at heart.  Paul is aggressive and doesn't always follow the status quo on things, but he has also made his clients a lot of money doing things the unconventional way.  I mean they got Tristan Thompson that massive contract by holding out.  They got Davis to L.A.  Agents represent their clients.  They do what their clients want and take the heat for it. That is what an agent is supposed to do. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 08:59:19 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Sooner James family is gone the better .

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 09:38:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The grown men that make millions of dollars that keeping signing with Klutch do so because they believe Klutch has their best interests at heart.  Paul is aggressive and doesn't always follow the status quo on things, but he has also made his clients a lot of money doing things the unconventional way.  I mean they got Tristan Thompson that massive contract by holding out.  They got Davis to L.A.  Agents represent their clients.  They do what their clients want and take the heat for it. That is what an agent is supposed to do.

They do what is best for Lebron.  Was it truly in Davis' best interest to go to LA?  It certainly wasn't in Nerlens Noel's best interests for his agents not to return phone calls.  Was it in Montrezl Harrell's best interest to take less money from the Lakers, only to get traded a year later?  Marcus Morris didn't think that Klutch did right by him.

Klutch gets some big contracts, but every agency gets big contracts.  It's the nature of the league.  The only thing that separates Klutch is that they have one client that is more important than any other, and they have no qualms about hurting their other clients if it appeases Lebron.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2021, 09:39:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

What story today?

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2021, 10:21:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Unethical and a diva.

Hope Rich Paul falls apart along with LeBron.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2021, 10:56:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

They do what is best for Lebron.  Was it truly in Davis' best interest to go to LA?  It certainly wasn't in Nerlens Noel's best interests for his agents not to return phone calls.  Was it in Montrezl Harrell's best interest to take less money from the Lakers, only to get traded a year later?  Marcus Morris didn't think that Klutch did right by him.

Klutch gets some big contracts, but every agency gets big contracts.  It's the nature of the league.  The only thing that separates Klutch is that they have one client that is more important than any other, and they have no qualms about hurting their other clients if it appeases Lebron.
Davis absolutely wanted to be in LA.  Harrell opted in to be traded.  He could have been a free agent and not gone to Washington.  He left the Clippers because they disrespected him and signed for the full MLE max for 1 year with that player option for year 2 (that is his words anyway, sounded kind of similar to why Ray Allen left the Celtics).  He obviously liked playing in LA, but according to him the Clippers didn't want him back. Who knows what happened with Morris as Morris backed out of a deal with the Spurs to sign with the Knicks against Paul's advice.  I don't believe Noel's story at all.  Nothing about it makes sense. 

He got some big money deals for his clients this off season, like Lonzo.  He has 30 players under his agency and is the 2nd ranked agent in the sport.  This idea that he just a Lebron shill and only does things to benefit the Lakers just isn't borne in reality. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip