Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 567246 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #1350 on: January 24, 2022, 12:21:51 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I'll just leave this here.

(click on image to enlarge)

The C's got the 7th best net rating in the league during their last 15 games, yet we are 7-8 in that stretch.

kinda makes you think that the efficiency stats are failing to capture something important about what's wrong with the Celtics
If you ask me, they fail to capture that Ime sucks at coaching.
LOL.

Dallas with the #1 defence surprised me
I've been on record saying that the Kidd hire might be a good one for them and he's been a revelation so far - his defensive work is top notch while his offensive coaching is surprisingly good!
I would argue Kidd may be even worse than Ime which is a feat in itself cause Ime is terrible!

Based on what? Mavs have gone 8-2 in their last 10 and are now in 5th place in the West. I’d trade Ime and a 1st rounder for Kidd tomorrow.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1351 on: January 24, 2022, 01:58:23 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

The C's got the 7th best net rating in the league during their last 15 games, yet we are 7-8 in that stretch.

kinda makes you think that the efficiency stats are failing to capture something important about what's wrong with the Celtics
LOL.

I've been on record saying that the Kidd hire might be a good one for them and he's been a revelation so far - his defensive work is top notch while his offensive coaching is surprisingly good!
I would argue Kidd may be even worse than Ime which is a feat in itself cause Ime is terrible!

Based on what? Mavs have gone 8-2 in their last 10 and are now in 5th place in the West. I’d trade Ime and a 1st rounder for Kidd tomorrow.
Based on the fact that a 10-game sample size isn't indicative of his coaching career.

Kidd is considered a defensive-minded coach. If you ask me, his defensive schemes are idiotic. I've watched plenty of Bucks games under Kidd cause I'm greek and I have a soft spot for Giannis. Kidd was running a switch-heavy defensive scheme at the time. He even forced the Bucks to squander a first-round pick in a trade for Greivis Vasquez, simply because he was a 6'6" switchable PG.  Giannis was switching everything, hence opposing teams were frequently cutting him out of the action via fake screens. As soon as Bud came in, Giannis started operating as a free safety on D alongside a drop big in Brook Lopez. This way, he was always at the center of the action. The Bucks instantly transformed into legit contenders. They run hedge and recover this season in the absence of Brook. Both these systems allow Giannis to wreak havoc on the defensive side of the ball.

I haven't watched a single Mavs game this season. From what I read, Kidd asks Porzingis to play D on the perimeter. This is even more idiotic than Ime's approach who asks 35-year-old Horford to play D on the perimeter. At least Horford was a mobile big in his prime. Porzingis is far too slow to stay in front of explosive players on the perimeter. He's effective only in a drop scheme.

To make things even worse, Kidd is a terrible man manager (if not a heartless jackass). Here's a story of how he ended Larry Sanders' career.

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/jason-kidd-canceled-christmas-insulted-players-worked-larry-sanders-to-the-point-of-convulsions-during-his-time-in-milwaukee/

The Bucks were forced to cut and stretch Sanders. He played his last game for them in 2014, yet he's still part of their payroll this season! Mind you, the Bucks are a small market team which was operating under a tight budget at the time.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 02:18:58 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #1352 on: January 24, 2022, 02:17:45 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

LOL.

Based on the fact that a 10-game sample size isn't indicative of his coaching career.

Kidd is considered a defensive-minded coach. If you ask me, his defensive schemes are idiotic. I've watched plenty of Bucks games under Kidd cause I'm greek and I have a soft spot for Giannis. Kidd was running a switch-heavy defensive scheme. He even forced the Bucks to squander a first-round pick in a trade for Greivis Vasquez, simply because he was a 6'6" switchable PG.  Giannis was switching everything, hence opposing teams were frequently cutting him out of the action via fake screens. As soon as Bud came in, Giannis started operating as a free safety on D alongside a drop big in Brook Lopez. This way, he was always at the center of the action. The Bucks instantly transformed into legit contenders. They run hedge and recover this season in the absence of Brook. Both these systems allow Giannis to wreak havoc on the defensive side of the ball.

I haven't watched a single Mavs game this season. From what I read, Kidd asks Porzingis to play D on the perimeter. This is even more idiotic than Ime's approach who asks 35-year-old Horford to play D on the perimeter. At least Horford was a mobile big in his prime. Porzingis is far too slow to stay in front of explosive players on the perimeter. He's effective only in a drop scheme.

To make things even worse, Kidd is a terrible man manager (if not a heartless jackass). Here's a story of how he ended Larry Sanders' career.

https://www.opencourt-basketball.com/jason-kidd-canceled-christmas-insulted-players-worked-larry-sanders-to-the-point-of-convulsions-during-his-time-in-milwaukee/

The Bucks were forced to cut and stretch Sanders. He played his last game for them in 2014, yet he's still part of their payroll this season! Mind you, the Bucks are a small market team which was operating under a tight budget at the time.

I mean, people grow right - so far it's ok with Dallas

But I think I also read somewhere he broke Giannis' jumpshot. So that's really bad

« Reply #1353 on: January 24, 2022, 02:35:46 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Cs don't finish close games, a rookie head coach doesn't help in that regard, we don't have good floor leadership, and our closer is one of the most inconsistent players in the NBA according to ESPN, and that was before the 3FG drought and tonight's bonanza.

« Reply #1354 on: January 24, 2022, 09:22:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Those Cavs are for real.

« Reply #1355 on: January 24, 2022, 10:01:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Those Cavs are for real.
Kevin Love with 20/11/3 off the bench! Vintage!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1356 on: January 24, 2022, 10:09:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Those Cavs are for real.
Kevin Love with 20/11/3 off the bench! Vintage!

Rondo was a good get for off the bench and that Mobley kid is something special.

« Reply #1357 on: January 25, 2022, 07:31:32 AM »

Kiorrik

Can we get Ja Morant somehow.

I'll throw in a kidney and my first child?

« Reply #1358 on: January 25, 2022, 09:59:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Lakers beat the Nets in Brooklyn.

And then I checked the box score...oh Durant's not playing.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1359 on: January 25, 2022, 10:49:32 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

True, but Davis did play 25 minutes.  If he can actually stay healthy, that could definitely alter how the rest of the Lakers season goes.  They've needed him badly, even if the barely top 20 player he has been this year.  If he somehow regains top 5 form, then the Lakers could be very dangerous down the stretch and in the playoffs.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1360 on: January 25, 2022, 10:50:58 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

True, but Davis did play 25 minutes.  If he can actually stay healthy, that could definitely alter how the rest of the Lakers season goes.  They've needed him badly, even if the barely top 20 player he has been this year.  If he somehow regains top 5 form, then the Lakers could be very dangerous down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Yup, that's my fear/concern with them. Healthy Davis and LeBron all the way despite being an 8th seed...can see them upsetting Phoenix and Golden State.

« Reply #1361 on: January 25, 2022, 10:51:33 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
How bout dem Clippers. Down 35 points, came back and stunned the Washington Wizards!

« Reply #1362 on: January 25, 2022, 11:56:33 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Think you’d have to throw in your Rubik’s cube collection as well. Deal breaker?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1363 on: January 26, 2022, 12:18:24 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

And a home game for Brooklyn so no Kyrie either.

« Reply #1364 on: January 26, 2022, 01:14:12 AM »

Kiorrik

Think you’d have to throw in your Rubik’s cube collection as well. Deal breaker?

Always.